Z06...No Sweat for Lingenfelter 630 hp Mod...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Z06...No Sweat for Lingenfelter 630 hp Mod... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Returning from Racine to northern Illinois just before noon this morning... Friendly little competition from 60 mph (twice)...in case you ...
    Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Z06...No Sweat for Lingenfelter 630 hp Mod...

Returning from Racine to northern Illinois just before noon this morning...

Friendly little competition from 60 mph (twice)...in case you were wondering, no contest...the V2 loves dry cool air...

Viva Lingenfelter!

I assume it was a stock Z06...

I confess and will ground myself for a few days. Street racing is illegal and stupid. Sorry for picking on the little guys.

I am a recovering street racer, obviously not cured yet, but getting back on the wagon right now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1fastvee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts v coupe

Re: Z06...No Sweat for Lingenfelter 630 hp Mod...

Nice...!!!

kirks5oh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade esv

good kill. who tuned your car/installed the mods if you don't mind my asking. i'm about an hour north of milwaukee, and would consider a pulley if i could find the right shop

I took it to Lingenfelter in March of 2010 and left it for four days. At that time the only mod they had for the V was the 630 hp setup. It now has 50k with a trip to southern California and two trips to our home in Marathon, FL. It has not even been tuned since...it is my daily driver in all kinds of weather (Sottos for shoes in the winter)...my garage queen is a 2004, 805 hp Viper powered Ram...it only has 45k!

I've had most all of the exotics...but this CTS V is the most fun, most reliable, most comfortable ride I have ever had. I have a pipe dream of pulling the LSA and using a shoe horn to get it in the rear end of a Porsche Speedster Convertible!!!

Old Guys with long boards and pipe dreams RULE!

I do have a speed shop in Wisconsin that I use and trust completely...they have done some minor things on the CTS V and some major work on my SRT 10. Be prepared to have your eyes bulge out when you go there...it is a speed shop that builds some pretty exotic machinery.

Tell them Roy sent you:

Call Norm Brandes at Westech in Silverlake, WI

(262) 960-0030
    Dale Pittman and Dale Pittman like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I presume this was a C6 ?

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Were you on snow/winter tires? It breaks loose on me at WOT under 40 degrees with the PS2's.

You know...I am not sure...I saw a Z06 emblem...but do not recall if it had light covers or not...now that you mention it...I beat him pretty bad...it was probably a C5. I am a MOPAR freak and really don't know one vette from another...I do recognize the ZR1's pretty quickly!

I was on the Sottos...and we were on I 94 at speed...I go to the Pirelli's in late November each year...but this year...hell I could have left the PS2's on...no measurable snow here in Wadsworth yet this year.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    You know...I am not sure...I saw a Z06 emblem...but do not recall if it had light covers or not...now that you mention it...I beat him pretty bad...it was probably a C5. I am a MOPAR freak and really don't know one vette from another...I do recognize the ZR1's pretty quickly!

I was on the Sottos...and we were on I 94 at speed...I go to the Pirelli's in late November each year...but this year...hell I could have left the PS2's on...no measurable snow here in Wadsworth yet this year.
    Did you catch him in the rear-view? C5's have pop-up headlights, C6's do not. A C5Z is still a decent kill however.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Yeah, only snowed once here and that was it. Doing pretty well on the PS2's, but it's mainly short, city/highway driving. I'm not going WOT until it's 50 degrees. The PS2's hate the cold and skip/crab very badly on full wheel lock.

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

It's too bad you weren't heading down 43 south with me and my brother Saturday night. We left Racine to head back home from a family function up there and we played around a couple times between U turn signs. He has an '07 E63 amg. My V stock with blizzak's. Temp was in the upper 30's, approximately 55mph runs x 2. Interesting results.

Timing was like a tree as the count was from a cell. I got an initial jump with him back to my rear bumper, maybe his 7 speed trying to figure out what gear and my couple extra horses with the supercharger to overcome the ~400lb difference. After that I couldn't pull and he couldn't pull on me, tied to my bumper the whole time even at the "higher" speeds. I don't want to start a debate but it is the honest truth.

I was born in Milwaukee and lived in Racine for 5 years. Most of my parents family live up there.

I moved my service from Weil in Libertyville, IL to Boucher in Racine...Boucher knows of all of my mods and treats me like a king...they respect my "No Flash" requests and my warnings to keep kids away from 'test drives'...they replaced my rear end last year when it started to howl...and they have just reordered a cd changer on warranty...but I have been honest with them and they treat me like a member of the family...but I do fully expect that if I have engine issues I will be responsible...and will probably have my speed shop (Westech in Silverlake) do that work.

Have I told all of you that I love my CTS V? What a car!
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I live in Racine, and go to Boucher all the time. It's too bad my sunroof still leaks though. I was going to check out those two shops in Schaumberg, IL, but will look at Silverlake first then.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I moved my service from Weil in Libertyville, IL to Boucher in Racine...Boucher knows of all of my mods and treats me like a king...they respect my "No Flash" requests and my warnings to keep kids away from 'test drives'...they replaced my rear end last year when it started to howl...and they have just reordered a cd changer on warranty...but I have been honest with them and they treat me like a member of the family...but I do fully expect that if I have engine issues I will be responsible...and will probably have my speed shop (Westech in Silverlake) do that work.

Have I told all of you that I love my CTS V? What a car!
    Weil in libertyville is horrendous, the service manager is a hard @ss

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

I bought my 97 deville from Weil they tried the old bait some years ago, I think 2002. Price the dbag salesman quoted me wasn't even close to price listed online. Needless to say I got the car for a steal. Had the oil changes there and they changed the engine cradle but yeah they suck.

I left Weil after the service manager said: "Why would you want to do that?"

I wanted the power outlet in the dash to be switched rather than constant hot...so that my radar detector would not discharge the battery.

I bought from Weil, got the deal by writing a check for the amount I was willing to pay. I was willing to pay a fair price, and probably left some money on the table, but I hate drama...I would rather pay a grand or two over the ideal deal to avoid the time and emotional energy expense. Besides I am a capitalist. I think profit on any side of a transaction is a good thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.