Rear diff cooler kit ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Rear diff cooler kit ?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I went to my dealer to order a kit for my car ---- they thought I was crazy and stated ...
    Mr.MPH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V coupe

Rear diff cooler kit ??

I went to my dealer to order a kit for my car ---- they thought I was crazy and stated no such kit available.
    I need a part number or a vender -- I want the rear diff cooler ]}> Any suggestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Rear diff cooler kit ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MPH View Post
    I went to my dealer to order a kit for my car ---- they thought I was crazy and stated no such kit available.
    I need a part number or a vender -- I want the rear diff cooler ]}> Any suggestions??
    D3 is the only one that has one that I know of. I think the V's in the US don't have an option for the diff cooler, only the V's shipped overseas had them if I remember right. I would like to get one for my car also, as I have had the "diff hot" come on at the road track a few times already.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Make sure you guys need one by using a temp gun to check. Mine was way off from the real temp, and I needed a new sensor. Now, no more warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Make sure you guys need one by using a temp gun to check. Mine was way off from the real temp, and I needed a new sensor. Now, no more warnings.
    I was running about 20 min a session for about 8 sessions my last track weekend. I had the rear diff fluid changed that next week and the dealership said that when they drained my diff it stunk up the whole shop. They said the fluid didn't look very good. I may have to check it with a temp gun just to make sure though. I have the diff fluid changed after each track weekend regardless.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We did some prelim testing out at Fontana on a slightly modified CTS-V (WITHOUT a DIFF COOLER) at Fontana and could only get about 3-5 laps before the light would come on. With our diff coolers in place, we can go full 20 minute sessions without any issues, 8-10 laps.

More information can be found here:
    http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/diffcooler

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

The D3 unit looks like a great unit and I'm sure it functions as advertised. I am just wondering about the fans getting dirty or something happening to the unit as it is not covered. If this was mostly a track car for me it would be a no brainer but this is a daily driver in the rain etc. Any plans to do a cover like the OEM units that went overseas?

Hello,

Your concerns are certainly valid. Keep in mind we have had systems out on cars for well over 2 1/2 years without any issues in the field or on the track. All of these cars with the exception of a few are dedicated daily drivers and go through all types of adverse conditions. We have stated in the past that we can custom build covers like the overseas units, but at that time we cannot guarantee the full performance of the unit.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by SPEED74V View Post
    The D3 unit looks like a great unit and I'm sure it functions as advertised. I am just wondering about the fans getting dirty or something happening to the unit as it is not covered. If this was mostly a track car for me it would be a no brainer but this is a daily driver in the rain etc. Any plans to do a cover like the OEM units that went overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,

Your concerns are certainly valid. Keep in mind we have had systems out on cars for well over 2 1/2 years without any issues in the field or on the track. All of these cars with the exception of a few are dedicated daily drivers and go through all types of adverse conditions. We have stated in the past that we can custom build covers like the overseas units, but at that time we cannot guarantee the full performance of the unit.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    How much extra for the custom built cover? I would like it to look decent from behind the car as well. I will be getting the cooler this spring for sure but I would like the cost of a custom cover so I can order all at once.
    Thanks

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. $100 for the extra cover and it includes the cost of powder coating.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by SPEED74V View Post
    How much extra for the custom built cover? I would like it to look decent from behind the car as well. I will be getting the cooler this spring for sure but I would like the cost of a custom cover so I can order all at once.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. $100 for the extra cover and it includes the cost of powder coating.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Sounds good - Thanks for the response

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.