LitaGator is famous. Motor Trend link with his race vs GTR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LitaGator is famous. Motor Trend link with his race vs GTR in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Congrats not only did you beat your brother 2012 GTR but you made it on Motor Trends website! I am ...
    buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

LitaGator is famous. Motor Trend link with his race vs GTR

Congrats not only did you beat your brother 2012 GTR but you made it on Motor Trends website!

I am so proud of you!

http://wot.motortrend.com/video-find...on-152175.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: LitaGator is famous. Motor Trend link with his race vs GTR

NICE! my Ego would be PUMPED if I made it to motortrend

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Wait till the other video is up, the one I took with my GoPro strapped to my brother's GTR.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

congrats lit.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    Wait till the other video is up, the one I took with my GoPro strapped to my brother's GTR.
    It's there. Only 600 views though. I guess it's no big boobs in a CTS-V.

No, I meant that I took a video of my brother racing the Veyron with a GoPro strapped to the GTR; that one is awesome and the only one out there.

ultimateendz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 BMW X3, 2011 CTS-V coupe

so many negative comments on motortrends page....we dont care man....i say congrats! and way to end the year

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i guess i don't understand drag racing completely but it sure looked to me like he beat you down the track

now i understand that you were a bit slow to react (.25 R/T compared to his .08)

logically to me it would seem that he beat you even though you had a faster quarter mile run (because of your .25 R/T)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateendz View Post
    so many negative comments on motortrends page....we dont care man....i say congrats! and way to end the year
    I don't even read video comments, not on youtube, nowhere. There is nothing, ever, worthwhile to read in them and they're always full of dirt-bag trolls that probally pimp a 93 civic.

now i understand that you were a bit slow to react (.25 R/T compared to his .08)

logically to me it would seem that he beat you even though you had a faster quarter mile run (because of your .25 R/T)
    R/T is reaction time to the light. It has nothing to do with your ET. The clock will not start before you start moving. The GTR managed to pull a faster(an amazing really) R/T and better 60'
    but lit reeled him in after that.
    That's what the idiots on the comments page can't wrap their head around(not you- you're fine..), and that's why even though the GTR appeared to be ahead of the V, he acutally ran a slower time, and there-for lost.
    look at lit's slip

the GTR indeed pulled better 60' and a better R/T but by the 330' lit was behind by only a few hundreds, and by the 1/8th he had him beat. Technically, the GT-R left before the light turned green.

M5, you're spot-on. I can't believe there are so many morons out there. Here's what I just posted on the "comments" page.

I’m in the CTS-V. That’s my brother in both races. Here’s a little explanation of what transpired.

From reading the myriad negative comments all over the internet, I can only conclude that many people are either uninformed, or — simply idiots. Someone’s reaction-time has no effect on the ET (time); the “clock” doesn’t start until each racer moves.

In the first race they had, my brother took off and the Veyron didn’t launch; he had difficulty with the launch control and didn’t leave till about 1-minute later, cutting a 12.X at 139. So technically my brother “spanked” the Veyron in the first race. But that’s a silly conclusion to make.

In the second race, the one that’s all over the internet, my brother let the Veyron have the jump to see whether he was going to run this time, and he did. No one wants to see another “race” where one car leaves a minute before the other. So, he waited for the Veyron to go, making sure the race was on, and then hit it. Regardless, the clock doesn’t start until each racer moves.

The GTR is lightly-modified, but even on it’s best day, it would get spanked by the Veyron. The fastest I’ve seen my brother run is a 10.7; I believe that his car has a 10.6 or even a 10.5 in it with a better launch. But even then, it’s at least a half-second slower than the Veyron.

----------

And here's my comment about why the GTR looks to be going faster

If you look at the r/t, my brother gets a jump on me. Because of the camera angle, it looks like it’s even or I’m ahead, but I believe he was slightly ahead the whole time. What appears to be a significant difference between the two cars is really only a couple feet, if that.

I wouldn't have even bothered Lit. Loud mouth people that talk shit about topics they no nothing about will just shit-talk some more once you expose them for the idiots they are.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

This is the slip i was referring to ... the one from the CTS-V vs GT-R video

i guess it makes sense if you're going to say 'who has the best quarter mile time' to go just by times
    but in a drag race i would think that R/T should factor in to it since that's part of the skill and the clock should start when the light goes green
    (and in that slip where he jumped the gun with a negative r/t then you should be disqualified from that run)

and i agree not to feed the trolls

cheers guys
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

i think that most people dont get that generally in drag racing at a track, its two people racing two clocks that only start after the car moves after being told to go by a green light, not each other.

Rock1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Black Diamond Edition, 2006 SRM Pontiac GTO

Hey Lit congrats and dont sweat the negative comments..Haters gotta hate..I think Kat Williams says it best:

"So what!! so she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you, that just tells you your doing something right. Do you think someone is gonna hate on you if your broke, got no job, or are ugly as hell. A "hater's" job is..to hate period. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get 5 more people hating on you by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "b*tch you just hate me because you can't be me..."
    brlong23 and brlong23 like this.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

People are dumb. That would explain why the idiots at the track red-light all the time. And then they think, ha! I beat him, and then they look at the slip and see they were actually slower.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.