Cadillac Owners Forum banner

LitaGator is famous. Motor Trend link with his race vs GTR

5K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  EdwardETraylorIII 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Wait till the other video is up, the one I took with my GoPro strapped to my brother's GTR.

#6 ·
No, I meant that I took a video of my brother racing the Veyron with a GoPro strapped to the GTR; that one is awesome and the only one out there.

#9 · (Edited)
I don't even read video comments, not on youtube, nowhere. There is nothing, ever, worthwhile to read in them and they're always full of dirt-bag trolls that probally pimp a 93 civic.

now i understand that you were a bit slow to react (.25 R/T compared to his .08)

logically to me it would seem that he beat you even though you had a faster quarter mile run (because of your .25 R/T)
R/T is reaction time to the light. It has nothing to do with your ET. The clock will not start before you start moving. The GTR managed to pull a faster(an amazing really) R/T and better 60'
but lit reeled him in after that.
That's what the idiots on the comments page can't wrap their head around(not you- you're fine..), and that's why even though the GTR appeared to be ahead of the V, he acutally ran a slower time, and there-for lost.
look at lit's slip

the GTR indeed pulled better 60' and a better R/T but by the 330' lit was behind by only a few hundreds, and by the 1/8th he had him beat. Technically, the GT-R left before the light turned green.

#8 ·
i guess i don't understand drag racing completely but it sure looked to me like he beat you down the track

now i understand that you were a bit slow to react (.25 R/T compared to his .08)

logically to me it would seem that he beat you even though you had a faster quarter mile run (because of your .25 R/T)

#10 ·
M5, you're spot-on. I can't believe there are so many morons out there. Here's what I just posted on the "comments" page.

I’m in the CTS-V. That’s my brother in both races. Here’s a little explanation of what transpired.

From reading the myriad negative comments all over the internet, I can only conclude that many people are either uninformed, or — simply idiots. Someone’s reaction-time has no effect on the ET (time); the “clock” doesn’t start until each racer moves.

In the first race they had, my brother took off and the Veyron didn’t launch; he had difficulty with the launch control and didn’t leave till about 1-minute later, cutting a 12.X at 139. So technically my brother “spanked” the Veyron in the first race. But that’s a silly conclusion to make.

In the second race, the one that’s all over the internet, my brother let the Veyron have the jump to see whether he was going to run this time, and he did. No one wants to see another “race” where one car leaves a minute before the other. So, he waited for the Veyron to go, making sure the race was on, and then hit it. Regardless, the clock doesn’t start until each racer moves.

The GTR is lightly-modified, but even on it’s best day, it would get spanked by the Veyron. The fastest I’ve seen my brother run is a 10.7; I believe that his car has a 10.6 or even a 10.5 in it with a better launch. But even then, it’s at least a half-second slower than the Veyron.
----------

And here's my comment about why the GTR looks to be going faster

If you look at the r/t, my brother gets a jump on me. Because of the camera angle, it looks like it’s even or I’m ahead, but I believe he was slightly ahead the whole time. What appears to be a significant difference between the two cars is really only a couple feet, if that.

#12 ·

This is the slip i was referring to ... the one from the CTS-V vs GT-R video

i guess it makes sense if you're going to say 'who has the best quarter mile time' to go just by times
but in a drag race i would think that R/T should factor in to it since that's part of the skill and the clock should start when the light goes green
(and in that slip where he jumped the gun with a negative r/t then you should be disqualified from that run)

and i agree not to feed the trolls

cheers guys
:cheers:

#14 ·
Hey Lit congrats and dont sweat the negative comments..Haters gotta hate..I think Kat Williams says it best:

"So what!! so she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you, that just tells you your doing something right. Do you think someone is gonna hate on you if your broke, got no job, or are ugly as hell. A "hater's" job is..to hate period. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get 5 more people hating on you by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "b*tch you just hate me because you can't be me..."

#18 ·
I thought the "winner" was the first across the finish line, not the lowest ET.

#19 ·
in a drag race, Lit did lose. He started out being a couple of tenths behind with a slower R/T and almost reeled the GTR in at the end. If there was no time slip involved, the GTR did indeed win the race down the 1320. But, they were not racing on the who's first principal down the track but comparing timeslips. In that compare, Lit's V comes out on top.

Now, if I was running against the Veyron and they fubared the launch, that video would not be popular on the old YouTube comment channel. Waiting for the Bugatti to tip the hat before launching was a good move otherwise we would have videos circulating about a modified GTR spanking a Veyron and that is not what anyone would want. I would also note that it was likely the owner's first time on the quarter mile with a tree. With practice, that would easily do 9's and there was a passenger. How many of us cut our best time ever on the first time out?

#20 ·
Yes, my brother's GTR crossed first against me; we both root for each other and couldn't care less about that. He was the "camera car" for my 10-second run. The fact that it turned out to be an awesome race is just a bonus.

----------

And here's the first race; the Bugatti didn't go and this is the reason my brother "waited" on the second run.

#27 ·
All in all, bottom line, Lit had an AWESOME run smashing the 11 second barrier and got a timeslip besting his brother's GTR that had been beating him handily prior to the Stage II build. Of that, there is no confusion :)

#34 ·
Yea, the Top Gear article doesn't mention the V, some of the others do. The reason I posted it is because that's my brother racing the Veyron and I took some of the video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.