Lingenfelter upper pulley & intake package thoughts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Lingenfelter upper pulley & intake package thoughts? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Was thinking about pulling the trigger on this package. What's everyone's thought on it? Is it worth it for the ...
    STL09 V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V sedan

Question Lingenfelter upper pulley & intake package thoughts?

Was thinking about pulling the trigger on this package. What's everyone's thought on it? Is it worth it for the money ex......?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Lingenfelter upper pulley & intake package thoughts?

The upper pulley, yes, but you're better off spending the $250 on a real CAI, not just a tube.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    The upper pulley, yes, but you're better off spending the $250 on a real CAI, not just a tube.
    They're all mostly just noise makers anyway(I haven't seen reliable back to back dyno's after someone has allowed the PCM to recalibrate), and 90% of the muffling from the air intake is comming from that funky OE tube. With the LPE tube, you get the supercharger noise, the OEM look and OEM air filtration. Expensive for a 4" aluminum eblow and some silicone connectors? Definitally, but it's not completly without advantages, and if you're planning bigger projects later on and just want something right now, it'll save you a few $$ too.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You get a warranty with a Lingenfelter product, so factor that into your calculations. Several people here on the board run this setup with no issues.

The performance with that setup should be similar to my upper/Airaid-KPE/w4m tune setup, around 550 to the wheels. Good enough for me since this is my daily driver and reliability is key.

STL09 V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V sedan

Thanks for your responses guy's. Most the intakes I've seen are just a tube, couplers and filter. What drew me to this package was, upper pulley, belt, coupler for the supercharger and intake. From all the reading I've done, I have not seen one intake make more power than another one. Thats why I'm asking.

kirbyCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V manual

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    You get a warranty with a Lingenfelter product, so factor that into your calculations. Several people here on the board run this setup with no issues.

The performance with that setup should be similar to my upper/Airaid-KPE/w4m tune setup, around 550 to the wheels. Good enough for me since this is my daily driver and reliability is key.
    only get warranty if its installed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by STL09 V View Post
    Thanks for your responses guy's. Most the intakes I've seen are just a tube, couplers and filter. What drew me to this package was, upper pulley, belt, coupler for the supercharger and intake. From all the reading I've done, I have not seen one intake make more power than another one. Thats why I'm asking.
    there are all kinds of wild claims with regard to intakes and what kind of power they make, the largest ones are from New era and the CAI's that go down into behind the fender well and fog lamp area. Reliable claims that are tested back-to back and done after the computer has adjusted however, are non-existiant so far. What it needs to take is a baseline, the intake install and run the car for 40-60miles that same day, right after the install, and then *right* after that, another dyno.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

I'll be testing it first hand at the track in a few months. But the fact that you're paying $250 for a pipe, 2 couplers, and clamps is silly. There was no R&D involved with that. It's pure profit for them. If the price was half that and included the filter, then it'd be justified. Again, I'd spend that $250 towards a real CAI; Airaid, W4M, New Era, etc. But it's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    I'll be testing it first hand at the track in a few months. But the fact that you're paying $250 for a pipe, 2 couplers, and clamps is silly. There was no R&D involved with that. It's pure profit for them. If the price was half that and included the filter, then it'd be justified. Again, I'd spend that $250 towards a real CAI; Airaid, W4M, New Era, etc. But it's up to you.
    thats why I went with the airaid... at least you're getting a nice metal housing and ABS molded plastic for your $300.

Rock1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Black Diamond Edition, 2006 SRM Pontiac GTO

Definitely a good package but the cost of that pipe wasn't worth it in my opinion so I went with an Airaid and just bought the:
    - 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley powder coated black - 8 rib
    - 8 rib serpentine belt
    - Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator

Did it while it was on sale for Christmas cost me 190 bucks shipped and went from 490/475 to 552/542 (with a dialed down tune due to high injector DC) But if you do go that route you better add the cost of injectors into that mix unless you get a Wait4me tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbyCTSV View Post
    only get warranty if its installed by them.
    Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't aware.

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

For what its worth, I like the Lingenfelter because of its appearance and its quality; but then again, I'm a bit of a design freak. I painted the bands gloss black to fit in better with the other appearance mods I made to my engine bay. Besides, I wanted to keep the stock air box - at least the look of it from above. Here is a link to a few pics.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z340/need2see/?action=viewĄt=DSC00991.jpg&evt=user_media_share

slightly too much going on for my tastes, but it does look cleanly done from that pic, and I don't care what you do to your car-- if you do a nice clean job, I can appreciate it. I could even appreciate some ricers, but unfortunatly, typically rice and clean are opposites.

Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by soon to V View Post
    For what its worth, I like the Lingenfelter because of its appearance and its quality; but then again, I'm a bit of a design freak. I painted the bands gloss black to fit in better with the other appearance mods I made to my engine bay. Besides, I wanted to keep the stock air box - at least the look of it from above. Here is a link to a few pics.

http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share
    Very clean.

Montag84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1 View Post
    Definitely a good package but the cost of that pipe wasn't worth it in my opinion so I went with an Airaid and just bought the:
    - 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley powder coated black - 8 rib
    - 8 rib serpentine belt
    - Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator

Did it while it was on sale for Christmas cost me 190 bucks shipped and went from 490/475 to 552/542 (with a dialed down tune due to high injector DC) But if you do go that route you better add the cost of injectors into that mix unless you get a Wait4me tune.
    Did you have to call them to get the isolator? I don't see it listed (standalone) on their website. Did you also have to get the 10 bolt supercharger hub?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.