Any Drone with the SW Mufflers and headers..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Any Drone with the SW Mufflers and headers.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just put on Kooks with my Corsa Sports and it is way too loud..I know everyone likes headers with ...
    ChasJr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts V

Any Drone with the SW Mufflers and headers..

I just put on Kooks with my Corsa Sports and it is way too loud..I know everyone likes headers with the stock exhaust,but I want something a little louder..So I am interested in putting a set of SW mufflers on my car..Any drone? I was told at 60 a little and disappeared at 63 so nothing to worry about..Comments please..(Cub where you at)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2small is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Any Drone with the SW Mufflers and headers..

Yes the SW has what I would call a drone. It is not loud for 2in headers to 3in exhaust but not quiet either.

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have SW cat-back with no drone at all.

velopod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond Vagon

I have SW Headers, no cats, X-pipe and stock mufflers. I'd say no drone, but if lugging it in 5th/6th there is some right around 1500 rpm if giving it gas. Otherwise, nothing inside at all - wails with throttle from the rear. A bit too loud for me, so I'm putting back on some high flow cats FWIW.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

No drone for me on the full system and I have quite a few miles on it now. It is no issue for any kind of driving style / speed / rpm.

mtirc6z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by LitiGATOR View Post
    I have SW cat-back with no drone at all.
    Any idea how much HP the SW catback was worth for you?

BTW, congrats on your 10.75 and some awesome videos! Pretty impressive when a Cadillac can out 60' a Veyron

Cheers, Paul

This system should be in the range of picking up 26 - 29 rwhp. This is an excellent power pick up for an exhaust!

I have had fitment issues and the mid section is touching the body as well as the left tube going to the muffler is hanging lower than the other side. I am contactin g SW tomorrow to see what they saw. I have the SW headers, hi flow cats and x pipe all ceramic coated. Beatiful system just not as quite aS I thought it would be. It is not as loud as the magnflow exhaust but not as raspy either.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by ChasJr View Post
    I just put on Kooks with my Corsa Sports and it is way too loud..I know everyone likes headers with the stock exhaust,but I want something a little louder..So I am interested in putting a set of SW mufflers on my car..Any drone? I was told at 60 a little and disappeared at 63 so nothing to worry about..Comments please..(Cub where you at)
    I have Kooks with Corsa Touring and zero drone. With the resonators in place, it's quiet as a mouse until you hit the fun pedal. I can't imagine how loud you must be rolling with the Sports. Yikes. FWIW, I've heard good things about the SW system, but only the full headers back system which across the range, seems just a bit louder than what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by 2small View Post
    I have had fitment issues and the mid section is touching the body as well as the left tube going to the muffler is hanging lower than the other side. I am contactin g SW tomorrow to see what they saw. I have the SW headers, hi flow cats and x pipe all ceramic coated. Beatiful system just not as quite aS I thought it would be. It is not as loud as the magnflow exhaust but not as raspy either.
    Since the system is 3", the driver side pipe at the back has to hang lower than the passenger side. I noticed this right away when I picked the car up from them and they showed me why it had to be that way with the 3" piping. In regard to the piping touching the frame or underside of the car, you most likely have something misaligned. I would loosen things up and re-mount so that the piping can 'float' a bit. If it is touching the frame or underside anywhere, you will get an interior noise. If it is properly hung, you won't hear it while you are in the car. Check all of the Stainless Works threads and you will see pictures (from the underside of the car) of how it is hung properly.

Thanks for the advice I am taking it to a exhaust shop the installer did a great job but does not speialize in exhausts. They need to realign from the cats back. It also sounds like marbles in a can when I floor it in the back or mufflers I am hoping this stops when I get the exhaust to not touch any part of the chassis. It is a beautiful system. I had it black 2000 degree thermal coated from the headers to the X pipe. When it was geting tuned everyone was amazed at how cool the exhaust stayed. It for sure quiter than my other exhaust but does have a slight drone from 1k to right under 2k rpm when giving it gas. It was tuned by Ed Hutchings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.