Injector or BAP - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Injector or BAP in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What is advantage of going with the ID850 injectors over the Siemens 63# ones? When finished, I'm only doing intake, ...
    muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Injector or BAP

What is advantage of going with the ID850 injectors over the Siemens 63# ones? When finished, I'm only doing intake, 9.5" pulley, headers and tune. The 63# injectors are about half the price of the ID850.

Any feedback on my last question?

Rock1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Black Diamond Edition, 2006 SRM Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by muohio View Post
    What is advantage of going with the ID850 injectors over the Siemens 63# ones? When finished, I'm only doing intake, 9.5" pulley, headers and tune. The 63# injectors are about half the price of the ID850.
    From my understanding it's a tuning issue. The ID are plug play load the appropriate values that they supply with the injectors and make minor adjustments in the tune. While the 63 can be more troublesome as the values aren't with the injectors etc. Can it be done absolutely I would just get with whom ever was tuning your car and ensure that they have tuned your car with bigger injectors before and/or what injectors do they recommend or are used too. Will save you a butt load of hassle in the end.

I was just wanting to line something up if possible for my visit on Tuesday. I will just talk it out with them and see what the duty cycle looks like and go from there. The tuner is very experieced with all LSx powered cars and pretty big in the Corvette community. I'm sure they can tune either type of injector.

I was just wanting to line something up if possible for my visit on Tuesday. I will just talk it out with them and see what the duty cycle looks like and go from there. The tuner is very experieced with all LSx powered cars and pretty big in the Corvette community. I'm sure they can tune either type of injector.
    Who's tuning it?? Your in GA I see are you going to Vengence Racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1 View Post
    Who's tuning it?? Your in GA I see are you going to Vengence Racing?
    Yes, that's who I'm going with.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Bigger injectors are much easier to calibrate into the PCM than boost a pumps and other techniques that alter the fuel delivery system.

How are you determining that your fuel system is maxed out and how do you dial back a pulley (just a larger pulley ?)

Well, the baseline was just done on my car and the DC was only at 79%. This is with pulley, intake and headers.

Yes, that's who I'm going with.
    cool.

Quote Originally Posted by zinner View Post
    Bigger injectors are much easier to calibrate into the PCM than boost a pumps and other techniques that alter the fuel delivery system.

How are you determining that your fuel system is maxed out and how do you dial back a pulley (just a larger pulley ?)
    When tuning the car you can see the injector duty cycle via HP Tuners mine were are 110% at one point during WOT the way to "tame" it down is to add more take away timing and in essence power as to not to tax the injectors that much. As I sit right now Im at 100% WOT but dialed the shift RPM back to 5800 (rather then 6000) so even though I'm at 100% I'm not staying full maxed out at that, I also just don't really do many WOT runs (till I get injectors) also on a side note the car throws so much heat that the car automatically starts to pull timing and decrease power when its hot regardless so these are just a few precautions that are in place till I purchase new larger injectors. As far as injectors being easier then a BAP that would determine who was tuning the car BAP is fine but I just dont feel like worrying about a fuse popping on me and having to replace it so my car will run. Injectors are a more permanent fix for my power level rather then say a band-aid, I don't plan on going into anymore modifications with the car as it will remain as is other then the possibility of a heat exchanger to cool it down so it doesn't pull damn timing as much). I have my GTO for racing an the Caddy is basically my daily driver that is just fun all the time. No need to make it like the Goat.

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

I think it's really interesting that some people are almost maxed out with just a tune and intake (like the one I posted above) and others are 79% with a pulley, intake and headers....

Now...the screenshot I posted is at like 6600 rpm, but still...

Joe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.