Borla Drone - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Borla Drone in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can't seem to find this on Amazon for $866. Do you have the link?...
    jnjj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond Sedan

Re: Borla Drone

Can't seem to find this on Amazon for $866. Do you have the link?

gevvvvv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jrcmlc View Post
    That video above is useless, you can't hear much over the dyno and the echo.

What part # did you order, gevvvv?

Joe
    I ordered 140364 which is the cat-back system.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnjj View Post
    Can't seem to find this on Amazon for $866. Do you have the link?
    I ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/Borla-140364-C...4421031&sr=8-1

It looks like they jacked up the price after I ordered it though.

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Did you get this installed yet? I'm eager to hear the results.

Joe

SilveRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V-Wagon

What about a Catback for the V Wagon ? Same or different model than the sedan ?

Which seller on Amazon did you get that price from?

gevvvvv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

I have it installed and it sounds pretty awesome. Definitely a lot louder than stock but not to an annoying level. I'm going to try and get some videos of it made over the holiday break. I ordered it from that link I provided in an earlier post though the price has gone up significantly. I think it was probably a pricing error that Amazon forced the vendor to make good on. Either way I am very happy with the results (and the price) and the drone is minimal at highway speed.

I can't wait to hear some clips that are not on a dyno or in somone's garage.

Joe

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by SilveRT8 View Post
    What about a Catback for the V Wagon ? Same or different model than the sedan ?
    The wagon requires a different exhaust than the sedan or coupe. Stainless Works has created a 'wagon specific' system that looks very nice. I have the full Stainless Works set-up on my sedan and love it. It has the perfect, deep sound that the other systems have lacked.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I guess cub cadet is back.

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I've had Borla on my sedan for a year now. Technically speaking I would say there is a very slight drone, but you really have to be listening for it and radio has to be off. So, basically not a problem to me at all. I had Corsa's on my 04 and miss that sound. The Borla is a nice conservative tone, but with the car being so much quieter inside, the outsiders are getting more of the benefit. I love the Borla install and wanted the cat back weight loss; and after headers, should be just right for me. Here's a link to a cheesy home vid with me hand holding the cam. Second link has Corsa on track and then Borla on track. Sorry, no outside sound clips from track.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb1h_IYS6I8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaCkuw5TjA

Thank you for those clips. I'm still undecided, but the sound was more subdued than I thought it would be, and much less noisy inside than I expected.

Joe

rednumbers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrcmlc View Post
    Thank you for those clips. I'm still undecided, but the sound was more subdued than I thought it would be, and much less noisy inside than I expected.

Joe
    I had a BB exhaust system on my car and there was droning around 1800-2K. Ended taking the system off and putting the stock back on. The stock system also produces a slight drone around the same RPM but much less noticeable due to the lesser DB levels. I feel the eingine in itself is producing the volume spike in this RPM.

Spoke to some guys at Borla and they have several systems for the V. The race version deletes the second cats. They guy says the cats quiet the car down a lot and therefore they have a seperate system where you build the from cat back to x pipe and choose your muffler type. He said this the quietest options.

I might end up going the route of the x pipe after secondary cats and then using the borla s mufflers, I thinking this is then sport sound I am looking for.

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

I had Borla's full cat-back system on my 2010 V Sedan and I have the full cat-back system on my 2011 V Coupe and it really made both cars sound perfect! I love the Borla V8 musclecar sound, but on the V, it isn't too loud or too quiet. They tuned it just right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.