Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u think - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u think in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; There is something to this....my 2011 6.2l sierra does this as well, I hold down the traction control button, and ...
    stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Re: Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u th

There is something to this....my 2011 6.2l sierra does this as well, I hold down the traction control button, and first the dic says traction off, then a couple seconds later it says stabilitrack off. Now, at this point, if stopped, you can burn out or powerslide
    doughnuts till your hearts content. But if you go above a certain speed, it seems the stabilitrack reactivates without flashing anything on the dic. Dont know what speed, but I am sure it cuts in as the track light flashes when the back ends slides around pretty good and the slide is stopped the power is cut and certain wheels are braked.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    To the OP... I have a manual coupe that was doing he same thing and I could not figure it out so I thought there was something wrong with the switch. And started toggling the switch the other way to make sure there wasn't some re-contact turniing the Nannies back on. Turns out that is what that button with circle and "x" over top of it is for. After you turn the nannies for what ever mode you want press the circle with the x over it and it deactivates all of those buttons on the left of the wheel it will even turn off cruise control. I thought it was a place hoder of somesort of feature I didn't get. But if you press it after holding down the traction button for 6 to 9 seconds your nannies will not come back on. I'm not sure what the rest of the thread started talking about sounds complicated. Try this man. And let me know if it worked for you.

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u th

I press my traction control button twice and it shows that the traction control and stabilitrak are turned off and then it says competitive mode. Competetive mode means that there are no nannies on right? BTW when my traction control is totally turned on the car doesnt run the same compared with when I have it fully off. With it fully off the car moves alot better and Im talking about from a roll on... Car has tune intake and upper pulley

No. Just pressing it twice does not turn every thing off. You have to hold it down and wait for 6to9 seconds or so. Competitive Mode will still activate nannies. it just lets you get slightly out of shape before turning on.

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I have a 2012 and when I hold it down for 10 seconds it disable Tc and stabilitrak but doesn't say competetive mode but when I press the button twice it disables both and says competitive mode

Correct.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

I don't have any issues on mine with it coming back on in "off" mode. However, I got tired of hitting the button every friggin time I got in the car. So, I modified it in the tune. They no longer NAG me

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by V locity View Post
    I don't have any issues on mine with it coming back on in "off" mode. However, I got tired of hitting the button every friggin time I got in the car. So, I modified it in the tune. They no longer NAG me

My wife nags me. Can you figure out how to re-program her?
    Kyle_B likes this.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWeapon View Post
    My wife nags me. Can you figure out how to re-program her?
    Sounds like a little too much spark?

Turn down her volume on your intake...

clemsgn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was wondering what this "X" button did as well. I found nothing in the owners manual either. I realize that they (GM/Cadillac) has to protect themselves, but unless I read on this forum about holding the TC for 5+ seconds, I would never know it shut off Traction & Stability completely instead of just hit twice for competitive mode. I would assume the X button resets after restart, correct ? Thanks for figuring this out.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    To the OP... I have a manual coupe that was doing he same thing and I could not figure it out so I thought there was something wrong with the switch. And started toggling the switch the other way to make sure there wasn't some re-contact turniing the Nannies back on. Turns out that is what that button with circle and "x" over top of it is for. After you turn the nannies for what ever mode you want press the circle with the x over it and it deactivates all of those buttons on the left of the wheel it will even turn off cruise control. I thought it was a place hoder of somesort of feature I didn't get. But if you press it after holding down the traction button for 6 to 9 seconds your nannies will not come back on. I'm not sure what the rest of the thread started talking about sounds complicated. Try this man. And let me know if it worked for you.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Yeah, but what I want to know is HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE SYSTEM TO AUTOMATICALLY TURN STABILITRAC BACK ON WHEN IT'S TOTALLY BEEN SHUT OFF?

Yes, that happens, apparently in some high hp, manual, Vs, like mine.

Sh*t, I'll seriously PAY someone for the answer to this mystery...
    What makes you think it gets turned back on anyway?

V Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels

I was at an auto cross that had some fun runs at the end and just drifted through them, no issue with stabilitrack coming in and I was really hanging it out.

However, I was recently at Memphis international raceway during power tour. Stabilitrack completely off, not just T/C. Power shifted third, got quite a bit of wheel spin, hit 4th and the car fell on its face. After the third gear shift stabilitrack had actually tuned itself back on.

susanmarc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I attempted to reply privately (you have exceeded your storage space) and by email and by phone first-
    Jesse,

I bought the handheld programmer from you when I first bought my 2009, which was when they first went on sale (I think mine was one of the first manuals in the midwest). When I purchased it you stated that you may have updates from time to time which may be available online, and to date I have not had any. I have even called and emailed you about this, to no avail. Please let me know if there is an update available, since mine was one of the newer ones you probably tuned.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Hi, I am always available by phone or by email. I did a search and nothing with your name showed up??? jessebubb@ya hoo.com with no spaces. Ill check what your revision was, and tell you if you need another email data set sent to you. Tunes haven't changed much for the manuals though, they where all dyno setup for every mod combo, only changes made where for the auto cars, where I was doing the staging of gear fluid storage events.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.