Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u think - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u think in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; With a 30 amp fuse used by those devices, you can see that it is physically impossible for them to ...
    wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u th

With a 30 amp fuse used by those devices, you can see that it is physically impossible for them to be really 40 amp units. If you watch them on a gauge, you can see the real output from them. Most i have seen is 23.3 amps at full power @17volts.. The Race ones at @20volts still only put out about 24amps at full dial setting. Putting in a 40amp fuse makes no change to that output.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Turning off traction control, stability control completely, totally not what u th

What would be wonderful is, if a bap manufacture company would make an actual pwm setup.

A perfect bap, It would see pwm and pass it thru to the output as pwm still. Just at a higher Voltage. OR it would go to full on and set it at a higher voltage instead of pwm once a set value was met, like 70% and higher pwm..

With a 80 amp reserve of power. ;>

600+ CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts-v

The Msd BP is working good and my fp does not drop below 60. I know the mustang crowd uses the bp's and I'm pretty sure they have pwm pumps? The only problem I'm having is the service stabilitrak light is on? If this could be fixed our fuel systems are good for alot of power.

600+ CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts-v

The camaro guys are also using the msd bp's

TheG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same thing with mine (auto) when it gets really out of shape,it shuts down power to motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Yeah, but what I want to know is HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE SYSTEM TO AUTOMATICALLY TURN STABILITRAC BACK ON WHEN IT'S TOTALLY BEEN SHUT OFF?

Yes, that happens, apparently in some high hp, manual, Vs, like mine.

Sh*t, I'll seriously PAY someone for the answer to this mystery...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    I don't need to search I know that you hold it down for a while and then it says Stabiltrak off. That is the one step less restrictive than competitive mode, but even in Stabiltrak off mode if I get it way out of shape it will snap it back.
    Yeah, you don't need to do a search. You need to read your owners manual.

1st off, you're doing it wrong.

Here you go.

1 hit on the steering wheel, TC is off, Stabilitrak is on.
    2 hits to the steering wheel, TC is off, Stabilitrak ir reduced(aka Competitive Driving Mode)
    1 hit AND THEN hold button down 3-5 seconds and everything will be off.

TheG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ya thats how I do mine and every time car gets way out of shape,I get a power cut to motor. But only when way out of shape!! Spinning and a little sideways it is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

Here you go.

2 hits to the steering wheel, TC is off, Stabilitrak ir reduced(aka Competitive Driving Mode)

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

On mine, for it ALL to be off, I push and hold for 5-7 seconds, and it says "Stabilitrak Off". One action only. My car has spun around on a track when it's all off then, so nothing is controling it.

haterinc is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

back to the bap talk, kb or msd best fit for our car

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

Here you go.

Maybe you should try again you don't need to hit it once and THEN hold it down. Just hold it down for 5 seconds and it will say the exact same thing: "Stabilitrak Off"

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by haterinc View Post
    back to the bap talk, kb or msd best fit for our car
    Resurrecting this thread...Has anyone done an install of the Kenne Bell BAP with no issues or resolved their issues?

I am unable to locate installation instructions ANYWHERE. The closest I have seen is Lingenfelters version for a 2010-2012 SS Camaro N/A or S/C'd version.

In that scenario, the BAP is connected to the FSCM wiring (Fuel System Control Module) wiring in the right rear trunk area. Any other suggestions or different results?

I did the install on an M5 and a Mustang, so I'm not afraid to go all in and give it a try, but there are some of you that have had to deal with this issue before...

Thank you ahead of time.

Steve

CTSV_Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoast View Post
    I did three full revolution donut in the parking lot before our beer league hockey game last week just by pressing the button once and not holding it down.

Maybe it's the driver?

Just kidding.
    Glad you did this BEFORE the beer league.

Rad04CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTSV

Hey bro, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact problem with my 04. It's really annoying and I'm pretty much out of ideas... I'm sure you're driving something else by now as this is an old post but I thought I'd give this a shot. I already tried the fuses and practically tore the car apart trying to turn the stabilizer off, COMPLETELY... no luck. I know the routine, hold the button down for 8 seconds until screen says "Stabilizer off" but again, no luck. I see the same routine being told to you on here but I was hoping you figured something out.... aside from selling your car or setting it on fire. Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Try tapping the buttom 3 times fast or repeatedly tapping it

201Vwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Wagon

Resurrecting this post again....I have somethings you can try. If your able to tune, HPT etc you can take care of things with tuning. On my Vwagon even with everything turned off, the issue was that I was able to get it out of control but if I want to control the out of control with the throttle it would either go dead or if even a straight plain jane burn out it would steer me to the left and go dead. It was Ridiculous, 5ft burn out. Now if I started to get out of control (spin etc) and let off the throttle the car would continue to spin TC/SC flashing (icon) and I would come to a stop. I could not use the throttle to help. There are parameters for temps in the TC settings to adjust. If wanted I'll post a snap shot. Now the TC/SC still works but takes longer to step on. Once I turn it off I can act like a hooligan all I want without the car wanting to fix itself. The car goes nice and straight when wanting to do a smokey one. On another V that I know had the same issue as I did and my other friend with a manual has no issues at all. Anyway this is how my car acted even with everything off. And yes, I held the button down etc.........

I haven't tried this on any of the newer cars but when I wanted to have absolutely no aids in driving, Viper style, I would buy 4 wheel sensors and use them as dummies. Tape them up, tie wrap them near the plugs so I could replug in the sensors if I wanted to have TC etc back. Doing this you will have all the fun you want, no need to hold buttons etc. No flashing lights on the dash. On your 04 this option should not be a problem. You just have to be more disciplined when driving.

Happy Motoring

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.