Diablosport Trinity - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Diablosport Trinity in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I like the idea of simply using it for monitoring engine data appeals to me. On the off chance I ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Diablosport Trinity

I like the idea of simply using it for monitoring engine data appeals to me. On the off chance I want to try a minor tune for an intake or something, I don't want to void my entire powertrain - If I'm going to to that I'm going to go for the gusto with a pully and forget about warranty.

DiabloMike is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I like the idea of simply using it for monitoring engine data appeals to me. On the off chance I want to try a minor tune for an intake or something, I don't want to void my entire powertrain - If I'm going to to that I'm going to go for the gusto with a pully and forget about warranty.
    Flashing your PCM with our inTune or Trinity is the only way to load a tune without the dealer being able to see it.
    We do not show up in the CVN check, so there is nothing for them to see...

Thanks

mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

i am interested in diablo tune are there off the shelf maps for upgrades such as pulleys etc

Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    i am interested in diablo tune are there off the shelf maps for upgrades such as pulleys etc
    Yes there are pulley tunes. There is a 91 octane 60hp/90tq tune and a 93 octane 70hp/100tq tune.

I could be slightly off on the hp estimates. But you get the idea.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80

Yes there are pulley tunes. There is a 91 octane 60hp/90tq tune and a 93 octane 70hp/100tq tune.

I could be slightly off on the hp estimates. But you get the idea.
    Any idea how spot on they are? I know there are a ton of atmospheric variables with tunes. Just curious.

Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

Not too sure. But I have heard that there is another 10 to 30 hp on the table with a dyno tune.

The canned tunes are very safe.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Alot of good information here on the Trinity.. Now I know what to expect from the Trinity's 91 Octane Tune with an Airaid Intake (which I am planning on doing both soon)... I am curious to know how much more HP/TRQ can be expected from the same setup using the Trinity's 93 Octane Tune?

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 cts Vsport
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80
    Not too sure. But I have heard that there is another 10 to 30 hp on the table with a dyno tune.

The canned tunes are very safe.
    My car made 520hp 530tq with diablo trinity, airaid cai, 2.5 metro upper pulley, and ls7 ported and polished throttle body. Got a custom tune same mods and car made 550hp and 551 tq on 91 octane. So I would say custom tune all the way over the trinity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jc09ctsv

My car made 520hp 530tq with diablo trinity, airaid cai, 2.5 metro upper pulley, and ls7 ported and polished throttle body. Got a custom tune same mods and car made 550hp and 551 tq on 91 octane. So I would say custom tune all the way over the trinity IMO.
    Are you saying you had a custom tune done using the Trinity or you had the custom tune done with another software like hptuners?

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 cts Vsport
    Quote Originally Posted by austin

Are you saying you had a custom tune done using the Trinity or you had the custom tune done with another software like hptuners?
    Yes I had a custom tune done with EFI not the trinity. I sold the trinity after the custom tune. The trinity worked great and was nice to monitor everything going on with the car but after seeing the extra horse power I picked up and the overall better feel of the car with the custom tune I never looked back. You can get a custom tune for right around 500$ about the same price of the trinity so to me it's a no brainier.

Quote Originally Posted by jc09ctsv

Yes I had a custom tune done with EFI not the trinity. I sold the trinity after the custom tune. The trinity worked great and was nice to monitor everything going on with the car but after seeing the extra horse power I picked up and the overall better feel of the car with the custom tune I never looked back. You can get a custom tune for right around 500$ about the same price of the trinity so to me it's a no brainier.
    Interesting,,,,,, So what adjustment(s) does the Trinity not have that is needed to unleash this extra 30hp?? I thought all the basics were covered.. Is it an adjustment that would break the stealthness of the Trinty if it had it?? I think I read the Trinity cannot control the on/off of the cooling fans.. So perhaps there is some HP/TRQ to be gained by running a 165 thermostat and a custom tune using HpTuners/EFI??

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Are there links to dyno graphs posted? What are the RWHP gains with a bone stock six speed manual car?

I ran the diablo on my old 300C SRT8 and the trans tuning was just awesome.

Cheers,
    Chris

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris CTS V Wagon
    I ran the diablo on my old 300C SRT8 and the trans tuning was just awesome.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Yes it was, wasn't it! From slush to sideways with a push of a button!

Has anyone here had a chance to test out and dyno the Trinity's 93 octane tune on a stock "V".. I am curious to know how much more hp/trq can be gained over their 91 octane tune.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

You could also buy the Trinity and then get a custom tune from Johan. diablotoona@gmail.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.