Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think I found my combo, but I'll have to wait until its time to change tires. Michelin Pilot super ...
    dgman2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011CTS-V / AT Sedan, Black w bl wheels

Re: Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes

I think I found my combo, but I'll have to wait until its time to change tires.
    Michelin Pilot super sport rear 295/35/19 and front 265/40/19. Better tire than stock in every way and 300 tread wear versus 220. These are stock on the new BMW M5. The small difference in sizes should not set off any codes and will also make the car look better due to a slightly wider stance.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^^ - No issues with the PSS 295/35/19's on the oem rear wheels?

Rob

Since many are running 305/30/19 with no problem, 295/35/19 should be fine.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, the 295 on the stock wheel will be fine...

Phil Raymond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V 2011 Coupe

I just had the 265/40/19 and 295/35/19 super sports put on my car yesterday (but I have the coupe). I would have preferred the 305s but just could not get past making the wheel well even less full...

These tires are better fitting than the OEM sizes IMHO...I usually go up two sizes when replacing OEM tires on my cars but only one in this case. I don't understand being afraid to go up only one size...do you really think they don't design in any margin???

Good luck. Tires are expensive...have your dealer match tirerack and there is also a $100 GM rebate when purchasing through the dealer.
    Houdini and Houdini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Raymond View Post
    I just had the 265/40/19 and 295/35/19 super sports put on my car yesterday (but I have the coupe). I would have preferred the 305s but just could not get past making the wheel well even less full...

These tires are better fitting than the OEM sizes IMHO...I usually go up two sizes when replacing OEM tires on my cars but only one in this case. I don't understand being afraid to go up only one size...do you really think they don't design in any margin???

Good luck. Tires are expensive...have your dealer match tirerack and there is also a $100 GM rebate when purchasing through the dealer.
    I agree. I also have a problem with anything that would increase the tire/ fender gap. Thanks for the
    feedback. Those will be my replacement tires, starting with the rear. You are right about them not being cheap,
    but they are still cheaper than what I had on my vette and ill have a nice discount from one of my favorite sources. I will check on the rebate you mentioned; is that per tire or per set?

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

After looking at the 295/35/19 at 27.1 and 255/40/19 at 27.1. I think that combo is perfect. 265/40/19 is cool too. After lowering my sedan I don't want anymore gap to return to the wheel well.

only negative in the 295/35/19 is you lose 1/32nd of tread depth (9/32 versus 10/32). Thanks Michelin Man !

Phil Raymond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V 2011 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dgman2 View Post
    I agree. I also have a problem with anything that would increase the tire/ fender gap. Thanks for the
    feedback. Those will be my replacement tires, starting with the rear. You are right about them not being cheap,
    but they are still cheaper than what I had on my vette and ill have a nice discount from one of my favorite sources. I will check on the rebate you mentioned; is that per tire or per set?
    I just pulled out the rebate form the service guy gave me...told me $100 for my tires but looking at the rebate there are two levels of rebate - $50 and $100. The Michelins are in the $50 bracket and you have to buy 4 tires. The rebate is good thru September...

Now I'm calling my dealer in the AM and making them credit me the $50...I should have know because the service rep also said they replaced the brake pads in addition to the rotors (I had the TSB done at the same time) and I had to call back today to ask the tech if he really did...he did not.

So if you buy the 4 make sure you bring in the Tirerack rebate to get them to price match it.

Phil, If you don't mind telling us, what was your price on the tires in the end?

Yep, the TSB replaces rotors... Not pads. I know it's theoretically not the right thing to do, but I'll be doing rears only untill I need fronts also. The difference in size specs between the 295/35/10 and 255/40/19 is well within the parameters to NOT cause any problems. As you said, they are not cheap, so I'll use up my
    fronts before replacing them.
    With the discount I'll be getting, the rebate will not apply; I just checked on that.

My price won't be a fair comparison, because illbe getting them at dealer cost. I don't remember the exact numbers I was quoted, but I think it was 390 ish for the rears and 360 ish for the fronts.

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can we get some pics?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I will always use the Tire Rack because they have been serving me well for over 20 years. And since they are the reason everyone price matches, I'll spend a few more bucks to keep them going. Plus, their tests, comparisons, buyer feedback pages are invaluable. We have $70k cars. We're talking about tires that cost more than rims. While I like saving money, I'm not going to sweat a couple bucks a tire...

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    only negative in the 295/35/19 is you lose 1/32nd of tread depth (9/32 versus 10/32). Thanks Michelin Man !
    Tread life on the Pilot Super sport is much better than our stock tires (300 v/s 220), so tread debt shouldn't be an
    issue; it is obviously a tougher compound.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.