Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm running 11 inch aftermarket rims in back on a 2012 Coupe, at 52 MM offset 325 30 19 Nitto ...
    dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

Re: Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes

I'm running 11 inch aftermarket rims in back on a 2012 Coupe, at 52 MM offset 325 30 19 Nitto Invo's fit just fine. I think 345's would fit too. It still gets loose in low gear though.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    Lol, I've got the 305's on mine with the stock wheel, obviously not optimal but with the sidewalls these have it's no issue at all. When someone finally builds a wider stock wheel I will upgrade to it, or buy 20's next time I need new rubber.
    Thanks for your answer. I'm just wondering whether 1/2 inch of wheel width will make much of a difference with the 295.

I'd be a little nervous about wearing 305s on the stock 9.5" rim. Isn't there concern of explosive decompression with that combo?

I sent off a letter to Michelin asking when they plan to release a rear tire in our size, and whether the 295 is safe on a 9.5" rim.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob

Thanks for your answer. I'm just wondering whether 1/2 inch of wheel width will make much of a difference with the 295.

I'd be a little nervous about wearing 305s on the stock 9.5" rim. Isn't there concern of explosive decompression with that combo?

I sent off a letter to Michelin asking when they plan to release a rear tire in our size, and whether the 295 is safe on a 9.5" rim.
    I'd be more concerned if the tire was too narrow for the rim, if your concerned about 1/2 inch time to look elsewhere for the size that you seem to require lol.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

295/35 rear will fill up the sedan wheel well. Stock tire is to short and a 305/30 is shorter. The 255/40, 265/40 and 275/35 are all winners for the front.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

looking at schlins specs for the PSS. The 295/35 and 265/40 have only 9/32nds compared to 305/30,275/35and 255/40 at 10/32nds on these tires 1/32nd is alot of treadwear. With wearbars at about 2/32nds that leaves 7/32 and 8/32nd useable tread respectively. If 30,000 miles is divided by 8 you can get 3750miles of treadwear per 32nd. Hmmmmmmm.........

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Guys, this is from a reply I got from Michelin in Oct. 2011:

We are sorry but the Pilot Super Sport in size 255/40R19 will not be available until mid 2012. Size 285/35R19 is planned for late 2013

Not very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    I'd be more concerned if the tire was too narrow for the rim, if your concerned about 1/2 inch time to look elsewhere for the size that you seem to require lol.
    In other words, you think the 1/2 inch is not a big deal. I can live with that. Thanks for your replies, snzuloz and larry.

295/35/19 is 0.2" larger than stock diameter and gives a -1% speedo error. 305/30/19 is 0.3" smaller than stock diameter and introduces a +2.4% speedo error. I'd say the numbers support the 295, though with appropriate tuning the 2.4% error can be sorted out, I suppose.

Decisions, decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Guys, this is from a reply I got from Michelin in Oct. 2011:

We are sorry but the Pilot Super Sport in size 255/40R19 will not be available until mid 2012. Size 285/35R19 is planned for late 2013

Not very promising.
    We'll see what new info I get from Michelin. They are on target with the 255/40-19 as it's available. Late 2013 for the 285 really sucks if that's still the case.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Agreed because I'd really like to try them. Personally, I just can't bring myself to go with bigger tires than the stock rims were meant to accommodate. I know a ton of guys who have done it without issue but my luck would be rolling one off the bead in a corner or something. Hello, guardrail.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Pittman View Post
    I just tried another new size of the Michelin Super Sports on a friends 2011 CTS-V Sedan and they fit and work great:

Front: 275-35-19
    Rear: 305-30-19

The 265's Michelin Super Sports are on back order until Dec 30, so I went with the slightly wider and taller 275's to see how they might fit and work, since they were in stock.

On the front I actually like the 275's slightly taller (26.6" tall) and wider look than the 265's (26.3" tall) and they fit with no suspension or wheel mods, on the stock 9.0" wide front wheels. They are closer to the vertical suspension arm than the stock 255's and the 265's, but still enough clearance to work fine.

If I were to do this again this is the size combo I would go with, so I am sharing this here so others can benefit from this info. You will be real happy with the look, smooth ride, and great steering feel and performance. Also, with a tread wear rating of "300" they may even last a few summers. Adding an inch of tire width to both the front and rear gets rid of that under sized tire look that all stock CTS-V's have. Even though John Heinricy told me a few weeks ago the theory behind the stretched smaller width sized stock tires, I told him thats great to get every last hundreth of a "G" for a track day but if you asked 10 V owners how the tires looked, I bet that more than 8 of them would say the tires look too small in width for the stock wheels. IMO, I am willing to give up a few hundreths of a "G" in max cornering performance to have a tire that looks like it belongs on these cars. Take Care,
    perfect! this forum is answering questions i have before i even get it.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

My fronts are due soon, so I'll be replacing them with the oem sized PSS2's, which are available currently. I just replaced my rear PS2's late last year, and hopefully they will last until the oem sized PSS2's are finally released.

Rob

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT
    Rolling off the bead would be extremely difficult with a tire that is slightly wider than the requested rim, it's much more dangerous to be too narrow than too wide. Either choice (295 or 305) to me is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    My fronts are due soon, so I'll be replacing them with the oem sized PSS2's, which are available currently. I just replaced my rear PS2's late last year, and hopefully they will last until the oem sized PSS2's are finally released.

Rob
    Yup, my fronts are done (again). Once I get my car back from the dealer (two piece rotors and new pads going on, yay!, and fixing "service suspension system" ghost errors) I have to see where the rears are, I don't remember that off the top of my head. I hadn't considered doing fronts only.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Yup, my fronts are done (again). Once I get my car back from the dealer (two piece rotors and new pads going on, yay!, and fixing "service suspension system" ghost errors) I have to see where the rears are, I don't remember that off the top of my head. I hadn't considered doing fronts only.
    How many miles per set of fronts?

Roughly 15k. For some reason, despite yearly alignments, my rears last a few k longer than the fronts. Very strange.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    How many miles per set of fronts?
    23K miles on mine - but really overdue waiting for the PSS2's ...

Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.