Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ^^^This.^^^...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Pilot Super Sport alternate sizes

^^^This.^^^

EVIL_C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Pittman View Post
    Yes, They look and work great.
    Front. 265/35/19
    Rear. 305/30/19
    This is what I run as well

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL_C5 View Post
    I just tried another new size of the Michelin Super Sports on a friends 2011 CTS-V Sedan and they fit and work great:

Front: 275-35-19
    Rear: 305-30-19

The 265's Michelin Super Sports are on back order until Dec 30, so I went with the slightly wider and taller 275's to see how they might fit and work, since they were in stock.

On the front I actually like the 275's slightly taller (26.6" tall) and wider look than the 265's (26.3" tall) and they fit with no suspension or wheel mods, on the stock 9.0" wide front wheels. They are closer to the vertical suspension arm than the stock 255's and the 265's, but still enough clearance to work fine.

If I were to do this again this is the size combo I would go with, so I am sharing this here so others can benefit from this info. You will be real happy with the look, smooth ride, and great steering feel and performance. Also, with a tread wear rating of "300" they may even last a few summers. Adding an inch of tire width to both the front and rear gets rid of that under sized tire look that all stock CTS-V's have. Even though John Heinricy told me a few weeks ago the theory behind the stretched smaller width sized stock tires, I told him thats great to get every last hundreth of a "G" for a track day but if you asked 10 V owners how the tires looked, I bet that more than 8 of them would say the tires look too small in width for the stock wheels. IMO, I am willing to give up a few hundreths of a "G" in max cornering performance to have a tire that looks like it belongs on these cars. Take Care,

newcadman is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Pittman View Post
    I just tried another new size of the Michelin Super Sports on a friends 2011 CTS-V Sedan and they fit and work great:

Front: 275-35-19
    Rear: 305-30-19

The 265's Michelin Super Sports are on back order until Dec 30, so I went with the slightly wider and taller 275's to see how they might fit and work, since they were in stock.

On the front I actually like the 275's slightly taller (26.6" tall) and wider look than the 265's (26.3" tall) and they fit with no suspension or wheel mods, on the stock 9.0" wide front wheels. They are closer to the vertical suspension arm than the stock 255's and the 265's, but still enough clearance to work fine.

If I were to do this again this is the size combo I would go with, so I am sharing this here so others can benefit from this info. You will be real happy with the look, smooth ride, and great steering feel and performance. Also, with a tread wear rating of "300" they may even last a few summers. Adding an inch of tire width to both the front and rear gets rid of that under sized tire look that all stock CTS-V's have. Even though John Heinricy told me a few weeks ago the theory behind the stretched smaller width sized stock tires, I told him thats great to get every last hundreth of a "G" for a track day but if you asked 10 V owners how the tires looked, I bet that more than 8 of them would say the tires look too small in width for the stock wheels. IMO, I am willing to give up a few hundreths of a "G" in max cornering performance to have a tire that looks like it belongs on these cars. Take Care,

With 305/30/19 being taller than stock aren't you losing some rear gear and altering the speedo ?

Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Actually the 305/30/19 are shorter than the stock 285/35/19, by maybe 0.3" however if you run the 305/35/19 M/T drag radials they are taller than stock by about the same amount or more.

Yes the up and down sizes may tweak the spedo by a few mph, but if needed it can be fine tuned in the ECU program fairly easily to be more accurate. The gear ratio is also affected by a small amount, but on a 600+ WHP car its all about controlling the traction, the gearing is not as much of a constraint, IMO.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Thanks for the info Dale! Awesome

gtajeffe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Dale, I was just ready to pull the trigger on OEM size PS2's due to not finding a better combo that made sense, you just swayed me in the direction I was looking, THANKS!!

I had 275/40 18 PS2s on 9.25" widened stock rear rims on my V1. So 275 on a 9" rim isn't too bad. I had thought of these myself, but I think I'm going to get TSW Nurburgrings in 20" instead and may sell my stockers...

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Sorry for grave digging, but it appears that the front tire size for our car is now available.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....SSXL&tab=Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by muohio
    Sorry for grave digging, but it appears that the front tire size for our car is now available.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....SSXL&tab=Sizes
    I was about to smack you when I saw the size highlighted. Then I scrolled to available sizes. Now, I want to hug you. 1 down, 1 to go...

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Sorry about that Guess I posted the wrong link.

Anyways, now we can go with the factory front size and 305/30/19 in the rear.

whytediamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 white diamond sedan, 6MT,all options. 641 RWHP/592 RWTQ

They have them in 255/40/19 and 295/35/19 on the michelin canada site. This is what im gonna try. It is .1" taller in the rear and you will not need to lower the car as the gap will not change as opposed to the 305/30/19 set up. Part # 16126 for the front and # 10261 for the rear.

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I am looking at another combo i might go with. Move the rear wheels to the front (spacer required i think) with 275/35/19 and widen the front wheels to 10.75" ( spacer needed) and put 325/30/19. Minimum for the 325/30/19 is 11" wheel so this combo might work. Plus the extra 2.3" tire width compared to stock tire will help with traction What do you guys think?

lilred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2012 CTS-V

I think they intend to release them in our rear size some time later this year or early next year. At least that is what I am hoping. I should be due for tires in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by muohio
    Sorry about that Guess I posted the wrong link.

Anyways, now we can go with the factory front size and 305/30/19 in the rear.
    I would feel better with 305/35 19 but that is not awful...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.