Removing the stock exhaust from V2 Coupe AND help me pick an exhaust....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which exhaust for 2012 V2 Coupe

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Borla

5 19.23%
  • KPE

1 3.85%
  • Billy Boat

8 30.77%
  • Corsa

7 26.92%
  • Other / Magnaflow / Bassani

5 19.23%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Removing the stock exhaust from V2 Coupe AND help me pick an exhaust.... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does it unbolt or do you have to cut it off? As for exhausts, I've heard only Youtube clips. Hell, ...
    SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

Removing the stock exhaust from V2 Coupe AND help me pick an exhaust....

Does it unbolt or do you have to cut it off?

As for exhausts, I've heard only Youtube clips. Hell, I still don't have my car as of today. It's headed to the dealer from the train. Buti have,only to burn.

Borla - Tips are ugly and sound is not for me
    KPE - sounds ok but no deep enough
    Corsa - too loud?
    Billy Boat - love the sound. Are there fit and backfire issues?
    Other - should I ask Bassani and Magnalow to see if they need a test car? I'm local.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Removing the stock exhaust from V2 Coupe AND help me pick an exhaust....

I haven't seen or heard one that I like. They are all meh, tinny, or raspy.

Here's the Borla.

Billy Boat.

I like the tips and the sound

KPE. Second choice.

Corsa. I just don't like it for the car.

09V
    09V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

I own the Kooks exhaust on my sedan, but I still feel that the Corsa has the most appropriate sound for our car. If you are going to spend $1000+ it may as well sound like you did something. I think the others are just too quiet. I imagine some will beg to differ with my statements, but to each their own. I like my exhaust because of the price and I have yet to hear anyone tell me my car doesn't sound good. I feel mine is a little too raspy, but I think the Corsa, having heard many in person, sound very sweet. Good luck on your venture.

DrVolkl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

I'm not sure I like any of these exhausts... some sound good, but a little too loud. I'd have to hear them in person. I'm kinda thinking about just going to a muffler shop and having something fabbed up... like magnaflows or something. Dunno...

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quite a few people running full header systems first get some type of aftermarket muffs and then in time go back to the factory muffs. I have a set of Kooks headers all ready to bolt on to the car but if I do I will have the Kooks system run all the way back to the factory muffs. Most everything else is too loud or has drone, and if you don't run any cats you will really be too loud.

I dont want headers just yet.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    I dont want headers just yet.
    Did not mean to imply that you should do headers. Save your factory muffs.

Low Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11CTSV Coupe 05 C6 Vert 57 Vette Street Rod

I installed KPEs on my coupe a couple of months ago and am very pleased with the sound and looks......I really like the way the tips fit the exhaust opening ....lots of positive comments about the way she sounds......

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

If you were willing to send your car to Stainless Works, they need a coupe to make up an exhaust. They have the sedan system, and a wagon system out there now and you can see/hear those on youtube. I tired to get Bassani to make something up for these cars, but got a big fat NO. Bassani is typically pretty expensive too and mainly sounds nice on Ford products only. I was not sold on how the Bassani exhaust sounded on the different Corvette's and Camaro's I heard on youtube. This was what made my choice simple for using Stainless Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet View Post
    If you were willing to send your car to Stainless Works, they need a coupe to make up an exhaust. They have the sedan system, and a wagon system out there now and you can see/hear those on youtube. I tired to get Bassani to make something up for these cars, but got a big fat NO. Bassani is typically pretty expensive too and mainly sounds nice on Ford products only. I was not sold on how the Bassani exhaust sounded on the different Corvette's and Camaro's I heard on youtube. This was what made my choice simple for using Stainless Works.
    I got a discounted cat back and x pipe on my 66 Chevelle from Bassani. It's one of 10 made and I love it. But I agree, it sounds best on Fords.

Where is Stainless Works?

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

They are in northeast Ohio. They used my sedan to develop the system. Mine has the full exhaust (headers, high flow cats and 3" exhaust) and it is perfect. It is actually quieter than stock cruising down the freeway. It is not loud inside the car and it sounds great outside. Search youtube for CTS-V Stainless Works and you will find more videos of the people running their system. You can do a cat back, but i opted for the full exhaust... I love it!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.