Mickey Thompson or Nitto drag radials ??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mickey Thompson or Nitto drag radials ??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just got the first chance to try the 305/35/19 M/T's on stock sedan wheels last week and they do ...
    Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Re: Mickey Thompson or Nitto drag radials ???

I just got the first chance to try the 305/35/19 M/T's on stock sedan wheels last week and they do work well. Once I learned how to best launch I was able to pull a 1.61 to 1.63 on the last 4 consecutive passes. Not bad for a car that had a race weight that day of 4530 lbs.

Thanks,

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

I have also had good results with the Mt tire. Im using the new 19in on the 2011 car, and have hit 1.4s pretty easy. Im at about 9psi for the best numbers so far..

glgjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I have also had good results with the Mt tire. Im using the new 19in on the 2011 car, and have hit 1.4s pretty easy. Im at about 9psi for the best numbers so far..
    Jesse,

9psi? Damn I run 17 to 18 and I have had several 1.51. How does to car drive on 9psi? Stock rim?

Gene

newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Jesse

Didn't you say you were going to the local track the weekend following the LSX shootout after you fixed your tranny problem and removed 400 lbs. from the car in an effort to try for a 9.2 pass?

What happened or did I miss your posted results ?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Sorry i have been slammed here at the shop. I have not had time to go again. Im getting ready for sema, so i wont be here next week as well.

We had 3 lsx builds, and 3 head cam jobs, and 1 head only swap with clutch swap, and a few blower installs, so the past week and a half have been crazy. I have been working on 4 hours of sleep 7 days a week to get stuff done.... Not counting transmission stuff... When i get back, i should have more time to get to the track. I will be adding a direct port kit also on the car, and thinking of doing a 1200hp pull if i get some time..

newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

When i get back, i should have more time to get to the track.

How about posting a thread in advance of your going to the track for those guys who might wish to watch in person ?

BTW, when do the tracks in Indiana close for the season ?

What do you say, Jess ?

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie414 View Post
    Never ran that size but I've had at least 20 different sets of Nitto DR's and they have all been terrible. Mickey Thompson, M&H, and Hoosier all make amazing drag radials that work really well. Nitto makes a GREAT street tire or normal radial, but can not keep up in the drag radial game IMHO
    Obviously a very stubborn approach to drag radials...twenty different sets and no satisfaction...that is just plain..... strange???

johncurrancampbell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ctsv

hehe often wrong but never in doubt crowd. I have run nitto 555R for the last 6 years on my zo6 and this ctsv and I couldn't disagree with this staement more

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by johncurrancampbell View Post
    hehe often wrong but never in doubt crowd. I have run nitto 555R for the last 6 years on my zo6 and this ctsv and I couldn't disagree with this staement more
    How are the 60 foot times with the Nitto DR's? Let's get to a quantitative result instead of a qualitative approval. I have seen the Nitto's at the track in a variety of flavors and sizes and they seem to do decent but not as well as the MT's on the 60 foot results. Just curious how they have performed for you.

Mr.MPH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V coupe

I got the MT's mounted and went to the track today
    I ran a best of 7.68 @94 mph with a 1.825 60 ft
    I was running 18 psi on the MT's and had no wheel spin issues at all but I did seem to bog at the line though... I could not load the max performance tune w4me provided so I ran the Med perf tune ... hopin the max tune can help a little.
    Overall I am very pleased, I bought the MT's and a friend of mine went with the Nitto's.
    I will say I drove his car on the street and the car felt like it was very unstable in any turn where as my V seemed pretty good - definatley not like it was on rails but very manageable.
    Our track is closed for the year so I am hoping to go to dallas soon Density altitude was @ 4400 feet tonight.
    I imagine with these tires and lower tire psi i can shave a few tenths off the 60' times.

dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

Well, I've run both M/T and Nitto NT05R. Can't tell any difference, when warmed up well the Nitto's [345 30 19 on an 11 inch rim] pull 1.65 60 foot times at 26 pounds of pressure. That's on a 2012 Coupe with 603 RWHP that runs 11.09 at 125 MPH. What I do think might be better is Weld's new 17 inch rim for Caddys with M&H's 325 45 17 drag radial. The wheel is designed to clear the rear calipers. The 45 aspect ratio will give you a tall side wall and will provide some wrinkle and most likely a 1.50 60 foot time. I'd like to run lower pressures on my Nitto's but I've had problems with the tire turning on the rim at less than 25 pounds. I'm not about to drill my $1K each rims, besides the tire manufactors say not to use screws on radial tires [it breaks the steel wires]. Hats off to Jesse and his KILLER Caddys, love to see him try the 17 inch Weld wheels and M&H 325 45 drag radials.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

alittle off topic but i wanted to archive this option. Mickey Thompson Street Comp UHP!! they come in cts-v stock sizes 255/40/19 (230.00) & 285/35/19 (248.00) summit racing.
    enjoy!!

THE////V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 ctsv sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MPH
    Who is running these and recommendations ???
    Go with the MTs I had nitto 05rs on my Shelby they were junk a wast of money . The stock tires that came with the car had the same short times. I tried in the water out of the water trac control on / off / sport mode . It dident help mind you I've been racing for over 30 years . So I've been down the track 1000 times or more . Different pressures and the best short time was a 2.00 . They were a big disappointment I was running 315/35/17 .

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

I like the Hoosiers, I use them on my supercharged GTO - I wouldnt expect much life out of street driving with them though. For the track, they are great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.