High Performance Tuning Options for Cadillac V-Series Vehicles - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, High Performance Tuning Options for Cadillac V-Series Vehicles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Prof In my opinion your recommendation is fraud. Not a moral scold here, but why not consider ...
    stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Re: High Performance Tuning Options for Cadillac V-Series Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    In my opinion your recommendation is fraud. Not a moral scold here, but why not consider just being accountable for your actions?

Just assume the responsibility for whatever adverse impact your modifications cause.

Sheesh!
    not that big a deal really, Ligenfelter offers it as an option on their website to flash a new computer for you to install when you get one of their mail order kits. You don't want to do it, than don't do it.

2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Any known tuners on Long Island, NY?

Veneno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 (Diamond Black) CTS-V Coupe

ARD
    Advancd Racing Dynamics (832-593-9140) Houston, TX
    Owen Priest Owner
    ARD did all my tuning on my 2013 V Coupe, great work.
    Bayou City Muscle Car Club / All Cadillac V Series Welcome !!!

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Interesting discussion. In the Audi world, one of the tuners covers the drivetrains for the term of the stock Audi drivetrain warranty http://www.stasisengineering.com/ has any CTS-V tuner/ECU-flash-shop offered up an equivalent offering?

petepd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone have info as to HP increase with just an Airaid CAI modification on a 2011 V?

RCene is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by itchin View Post
    What about Lingenfelter?
    Still no word from Lingenfelter? Any one have experience with them / reviews ?

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Negligible.

That would be my educated estimate for any CAI, nothing against any particular brand. There would be more improvement in performance with an additional 20 hours of driving the vehicle in performance situations.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

I realized 2 tenths gain at the strip with the Airaid on my 09. I just purchased one for the coupe and will test tomorrow at strip. I will post result. Track numbers don't lie.

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

If you run four or five runs with the same results within a short period of time under the same conditions then maybe "Track numbers don't lie." But if the temperature changes or the humidity changes or the wind shifts or you get a little tired or a little excited then track numbers are simply not reliable. Ask any scientist.

Neverdone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v

MPH is the determining factor if you gained hp or not, not ET.

SerbsCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Edition Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Time to shop for a new dealer IMO. My service department (Boucher in Racine, WI) is very supportive. They are fully aware of my engine modifications and we have a very open relationship about what is a Cadillac issue and what issues are mine due to my desire to have a modified vehicle. I am in the process of selling my SRT 10 and they have offered to help if I want them involved. I am now exploring the acquisition of one of the new COPO Camaro's through them (for a friend in Canada).

I have several dealers that are much closer, but this dealership has earned my business and respect...maybe you should spend a little time with a more distant dealership??
    I use the same dealership (Boucher in Racine WIS. Hwy 20. 3-4 miles east of 94). Great people. They are a Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer. They service my 2010 SS and my 2011 CTSV. both cars modded and dyno tuned. they are fully aware of all mods and work done. They go above and beyond to work with me when i have an issue. my comment to them "please do the best you can and don't spank me too bad". Their response, "Don't worry, we'll take care of it. We're not here to screw anyone". They haven't voided my warranty's and always take care of any issues with my cars and i haven't paid $1 dollar yet. Very happy to have Boucher taking care of my cars!!

WallyGator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Lingenfelter is excellent. They warranty their work (2 years, 24k miles) and do damn good work to boot. I have a 2012 Coupe (Black Betty) with the 700 HP package and Corsa exhaust. I arranged it so that the car was delivered to Lingenfelter (Decatur, IN) from the factory and then to my dealership (took delivery in Oct 2011). I did specify to Lingenfelter no embroidery in the seats or decals on the vehicle. Just put on my third set of tires today at 13500 miles. I beat the piss out of my cars and fix them when I break them. Extremely happy to report that other than tires and gas (dealership still does the oil changes, even with me wanting them every 3750 miles regardless of what the remaining oil life is), she hasn't cost me anything yet!
    SerbsCTSV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.