Question regarding HX pump upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Question regarding HX pump upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I plan on stage 2 for my V wagon and was wondering if I buy katech HX is the stock ...
    Speedtrapped is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11' cts-v wagon

Question regarding HX pump upgrade

I plan on stage 2 for my V wagon and was wondering if I buy katech HX is the stock pump adequate ? On my CL65, heat soak was huge issue. Guys would buy upgraded pump, and wire it to a keyed on source. The stock configuration was a specific temp before pump circulated coolant. I have a brand new hi capacity bosch pump, wonder if I could use that? Also when swapping HX, sorry if I am missing, but where is the fill? In fairness I have not had my car for 6 weeks and can't imagine where to fill that circuit.
    tIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Re: Question regarding HX pump upgrade

I can only speculate that the stock pump might need to be improved upon for better circulation with a larger cooler for the most effectiveness. As far as the fill it is located at the pass side rear of the engine compartment (clear "t" looking thing with black cap and two hoses attached to it). If/when you change out the heat exchanger make sure that you get all the air out of the new unit to prevent an air locking condition.

Ty for that....katech has remote bleeder.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Any cheap pump from ebay should work, Usually we use the Mezier WP136S which is about the best you can use, lasts a very very long time, and is less than 200 dollars.

You would fill the system at the top white resovior on the passenger side by the blower.

jesse, ty for it

Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Is there a simple way to make the stock IC pump run all of the time when the key is on, or when switched on from an external switch (for when in the staging lanes to continue to circulate the coolant)?

I know on my cl65, I ran hot wire to a key on source, alot of the fuses were in engine bay rear...and just grounded black, key on, pump starts to circulate....someone better suited to electrical of our cars surely knows...

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

If you are going to bypass the factory wiring then you would need a key on source (or switch), ground, diode, and 12V+ from the battery and run it through a relay.

Wire the relay as such:

85 to Key On (Or Switch)
    86 to Ground
    87 to 12V+ (Fused)
    30 out to pump

Put the diode across the coil of the relay.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Just put a ground to the pin of the relay to turn it on under the hood, It is pretty easy. That or just pop the relay out, and put in a jumper across 30 and 87. It is labeled ic pump or something like that.

Jesse, I know I can jump the two, but when I say ground pin, u mean ground literally to chassis, but which pin? 87?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Just put a ground to the pin of the relay to turn it on under the hood, It is pretty easy. That or just pop the relay out, and put in a jumper across 30 and 87. It is labeled ic pump or something like that.
    Jesse, can you describe the location of the IC pump relay. Is it in the fuse box under the hood or is the relay in another location?

Also, can you describe the same location and method to manually turn on for the electric fan relay?

Thanks,

On the 2011 sedan I am working on the manual shows a fuse (#55) for the Intercooler Pump, but in the relay list it does not call out a specific relay.

Any help ID the specific relay would be great. I looked at each relay and did not end up with any extra that might be the specific one for the IC pump.

Thanks for any help on this.

GEVjr83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V - 630 RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Pittman View Post
    Jesse, can you describe the location of the IC pump relay. Is it in the fuse box under the hood or is the relay in another location?

Also, can you describe the same location and method to manually turn on for the electric fan relay?

Thanks,

I have been searching the forum looking for the answer to WHICH relays and WHERE they are located to manually run the fans and intercooler pump with a switch. With these features and an ice box, the hot summer days at the track next year will not slow me down...

Anyone know the answer?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.