Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Kooks Headers and Corsa Sport Mufflers...

7K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Rule12b 
#1 ·
Anyone running this combo? Looking for info on throwing CEL, Drone and sound quality. Had this on my 05 and it sounded great. Also, don't want to void warranty so wondering if you have to tune if installed. Also, any info on the stealth tune would be great. I have looked and looked but don't find what I am looking for.

Thanks, Jeff

#2 ·
Yes you need a tune. Kooks and corsa sport would be the loudest thing you have ever herd.

I have Kooks with cats and Corsa touring its so loud!

#3 ·
Well that answered that question. LOL. I don't want to make this thing a beast like my 05 (B&B Headers and Catback) Things have changed, corsa was the milder one on those cars. Just when I got the corsa installed on my '10, I looked at the factory exhaust and it made my stomach hurt & I can't locate a system to change the catback to the corsa axle back. Actually, as much as the corsa cost it should have been a catback... Factory exhaust had crimps and bends and more crimps, and I didn't even see why they were smashing the pipes like that! Seemed to have plenty of room for mendral bends.

#7 ·
I have the Sport verison of the axle back. Just the middle section looks so restrictive, anyone make a cat back to corsa in stainless?

#9 · (Edited)
Why is the tune needed? Is it just for the CEL? For those of us that want to preserve our warranties, we should be able to live with just headers + stock/catback exhaust and leave the ECU as is.

I've done this on my 2009 Silverado and my 2003 Z06. Both used Dynatech long tube headers with a GHL catback on the vette and Corsa Touring on the Silverado. They were both throwing CEL's but I simply cleared them on the Vette with the built in diagnostic mode and flat out ignored it on my truck most of the time. I realize that running with no tune will not maximize gains, but if someone is looking for a slight improvement in breathing and power, the headers themselves will not cause any issues with the warranty. In the case of the truck, it does cause issues with the remote start as the truck will not start if it has a CEL but this only caused a problem in the winter. I drove the truck for nearly a year like that before I had it tuned.

My Chevy dealership had no issues with my Silverado warranty and would even clear the CEL when I would bring it in for service and simply write in the service summary that the truck had a CEL due to the headers.

#10 ·
I'm bringing this back from the dead....I've been trying to find out a definite answer myself. Keep seeing/hearing mixed responses. I'm curious as to what route I should go with the exhaust sound...either Kooks headers & X-Pipe to Stock Mufflers or just a Corsa Axleback Sport. I know that with the Corsas the ECU will not have to be tuned or touched whatsoever, but what about the Kooks headers option?! My dealer is cool, but he told me I could do whatever I want as long as I don't mess with the ECU in any way, shape or form. I like how they both sound, but I like the Kooks setup a TAD bit more...but if it can't be done then no biggie. Thanks in advance fellas! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.