Looking for recommendations for road track tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Looking for recommendations for road track tires in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am spending a couple of weekends a month running my V-2 on road courses. I run Bridgestone Portenzas as ...
    CruzanTom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Looking for recommendations for road track tires

I am spending a couple of weekends a month running my V-2 on road courses. I run Bridgestone Portenzas as street tires and they do well on the track. I now have a second set of wheels so I was thinking of buying a set of tires just for the track. What tires do you recommend for the track?

Tom
    Current rides: 09 V, 09 Audi A-8, 66 Vette

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Looking for recommendations for road track tires

I like nitto invos still good on the road and very good on the track. I have them on my 99 frc vette. That I drag race and road race. Also bfg kdw new tread also verry good have them on my 500hp z28 that I do drifting in. last me one year plus some burn out comptons in the middle. Also have them on my Sts-v 255f/295r. Yes theis are not full road race but very grippy with the ability to be street driven. Our raced in the rain.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

I use our 400 dollar a piece 18inch rims with a R6 hoosier road race 295 30 18 tire all the way around. They are wonderful. The rims are all black and only weigh 17lbs each

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

nitto nt05 would work good on the v

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Grassroots Motorsports did a test last year; on a smaller car though. They rated the Hankkok Ventus, Falken Azenis, Dunlop Direzza Sport, and Kumho Ecsta XS pretty closely, and all highly. They also rated the Bridgestone RE-11 very high also, and this is only a street tire.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

If you've got spare wheels and have track experience with the V already, go for a dedicated track tire like the Hoosier R6. I do have a set of 19" Pirelli PZero Corsas I plan on running on stock rims...

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

there was talk on here that hoosier r6 were not up to par due to weight of the v if driving it hard.

i remember since i started the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    If you've got spare wheels and have track experience with the V already, go for a dedicated track tire like the Hoosier R6. I do have a set of 19" Pirelli PZero Corsas I plan on running on stock rims...
    My intention was to get a dedicated track tire; however, Hoosier R6s are not available in Sizes to match the V2 (F 255/40-19 and R 285/35-19). After searching and checking what fits and what is available, I decided to go with the Bridgestone RE-11 as track tires for a while. I have to get the Fronts in 265/35-19 instead of the OE 255/40-19. Pirellis are good but much more expensive! I am using the Bridgestone RE-050 Pole Position in OE sizes as my street tires and I like them.

My intention was to get a dedicated track tire; however, Hoosier R6s are not available in Sizes to match the V2 (F 255/40-19 and R 285/35-19). After searching and checking what fits and what is available, I decided to go with the Bridgestone RE-11 as track tires for a while. I have to get the Fronts in 265/35-19 instead of the OE 255/40-19. Pirellis are good but much more expensive! I am using the Bridgestone RE-050 Pole Position in OE sizes as my street tires and I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by CruzanTom View Post
    So you won't get the Hoosiers because they don't have the stock size but you will for the RE-11s? What's wrong with the R6 in 265/35 295/30 sizes?

StoopidSavant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Which course are you racing at?

So you won't get the Hoosiers because they don't have the stock size but you will for the RE-11s? What's wrong with the R6 in 265/35 295/30 sizes?
    Didn't know they were available in 19 inches. After I wear out the RE-11s, I'll try Hoosiers. After all, this is a learning process.

Quote Originally Posted by StoopidSavant View Post
    Which course are you racing at?
    Roebling Road near Savannah, GA and Carolina Motorsports Park near Kershaw, SC. Are you at Roebling?

StoopidSavant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CruzanTom View Post
    Roebling Road near Savannah, GA and Carolina Motorsports Park near Kershaw, SC. Are you at Roebling?
    I live about 15 minutes from Roebling, but I don't race, nor do I own a V myself. But some guys from the company I work for go racing or watching occasionally (usually Porsche guys), but if there's a V2 rolling around, I may be tempted to bring a camera. ;-)

MVP will be running Road Atlanta in the fall. I'd love to get back there!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.