CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; nice gains for $250 (give or take)! If it weren't for warranty purposes, this would be a no-brainer. Next stop: ...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley

nice gains for $250 (give or take)!

If it weren't for warranty purposes, this would be a no-brainer. Next stop: tire and wheel section... for traction.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

6Speeder - Did you modify the stock airbox at all? did you keep the stock T-body to airbox connection? Nice numbers BTW!

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Chris CTS V Wagon View Post
    6Speeder - Did you modify the stock airbox at all? did you keep the stock T-body to airbox connection? Nice numbers BTW!
    I did the W4M airbox mod with K&N, reaimed the brake duct at the open box. Made more supercharger noise, don't know if it made more power.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    I did the W4M airbox mod with K&N, reaimed the brake duct at the open box. Made more supercharger noise, don't know if it made more power.
    Thanks

XXDangerDaveXX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm very close to purchasing a 2010 CTS-V Auto Sedan that has similar mods. It has the pulley, ECU Tune, and CAI. The dealer that owns the car says the cars still covered by the warranty but I'm skeptical. There's still a few months left on the bumper to bumper and because the car has only 11k miles on it, I can purchase a 4 year bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty for $2k, which I am considering. HOWEVER, my main question pertains to the warranty - has anyone with these mods had to do warranty service? Did the dealer say anything about the mods and give you a hard time on powertrain warranty issues?

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by XXDangerDaveXX View Post
    I'm very close to purchasing a 2010 CTS-V Auto Sedan that has similar mods. It has the pulley, ECU Tune, and CAI. The dealer that owns the car says the cars still covered by the warranty but I'm skeptical. There's still a few months left on the bumper to bumper and because the car has only 11k miles on it, I can purchase a 4 year bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty for $2k, which I am considering. HOWEVER, my main question pertains to the warranty - has anyone with these mods had to do warranty service? Did the dealer say anything about the mods and give you a hard time on powertrain warranty issues?
    I know this is not what you are looking for, but I have those mods, and track my car hard. Even with all that, I have never had to even take my car back to the dealer, so can't even say what they would say, but thought I'd share the good news - which I hope is the same for you if you do this!

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

Is this wait4me guy still in business? Went to his webiste, called twice, no answer, no voicemail... sorry if this is common knowledge in here but I didn't have time to read through other posts to find out. thanks

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Yes i'm still around, Sorry i'm just a busy guy. Keep trying if you don't get a hold of me. I usually call back all the missed calls, but there is only so much time in the day. Average V conversation is 20-40 minutes. That eats up a lot of time and makes for a lot of missed calls also during that time. Sorry.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by XXDangerDaveXX View Post
    No matter what the dealer tells you, your power train warranty will be voided at the first sign of major engine or transmission failure - basically anything expensive enough to require the dealer to check your computer for a tune. Sure, little things will go under the radar for normal dealer trips because they don't care as long as GM reimburses them - and they probably don't want to hassle you either. And you'll probably not have any longevity issues anyway, assuming the Tuner was competent (that's a big IF).

But IF the engine drops a valve, the transmission loses a clutch pack or something... you need to expect that GM will probably check the ECM for a tune before authorizing a repair (and it will be denied). GM is writing the check here, so what they say goes and the Dealer is nothing more than an intermediary. Typically this is the same process for an aftermarket policy also. There is the potential for some dealers to be unfriendly to modifications and void your entire powertrain warranty at first sight of modification, but it's exceptionally rare and definitely not the rule (bad for business).

Make no bones about it: A tune or engine mods void the warranty. Period. The only gray area is if someone bothers to check first, or to what lengths the Consumer might go to defraud the Warranter (GM).

Most people feel that stealing is wrong and they don't do it regardless of whether or not they would get caught. Same idea here. But most people on these forums have modded their cars and very few have had any issue with engine/trans failures that would have required warranty work - the one big exception is failure from bad aftermarket/mail order tunes.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

If you have not tuned the car yet, keep the stock ecm untuned, then install a new computer and have the car modded and tuned on that.

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    If you have not tuned the car yet, keep the stock ecm untuned, then install a new computer and have the car modded and tuned on that.
    This is not good advice. This car has module swap detection. It monitors computer parts that have been swapped and stores that information that anyone with a tech 2 or mdi can look and see.

What does this mean? Replace your ecm, and it records that even if you put the other one back in.

The only way to get around not voiding warranty from flash is what I have been doing since 2008 and it has worked 100% so far 6 years later.... It is still possible to flash the computer a certain way to make it not record the change.

venomns is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So they can see if we swap computers?! The reason I ask is because I am about to take the plunge and up the boost and tune with my current headers, exhaust, etc..... And want to swap back to stock someday.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    This is not good advice. This car has module swap detection. It monitors computer parts that have been swapped and stores that information that anyone with a tech 2 or mdi can look and see.

What does this mean? Replace your ecm, and it records that even if you put the other one back in.

The only way to get around not voiding warranty from flash is what I have been doing since 2008 and it has worked 100% so far 6 years later.... It is still possible to flash the computer a certain way to make it not record the change.
    good to know I guess....can I ask, how and where would it record it? If the battery is unplugged, and you take out the stock computer, then put it back in with the battery unplugged and start the car up - how would it even know that the computer was taken out?

It is called module swap detection.

It is located in multiple areas to deter mileage theft by people just swapping dashes, however, it also monitors transmission controllers and engine controllers.

Each computer has a serial number, It monitors that. When a new one is seen, it knows and records that value with a check timer. starts at 1, then goes up.

Anyone with a mdi or tech 2 can see this, as it is open in the software set. One place is to go to the driver door module, then special, then reports

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    It is called module swap detection.

It is located in multiple areas to deter mileage theft by people just swapping dashes, however, it also monitors transmission controllers and engine controllers.

Each computer has a serial number, It monitors that. When a new one is seen, it knows and records that value with a check timer. starts at 1, then goes up.

Anyone with a mdi or tech 2 can see this, as it is open in the software set. One place is to go to the driver door module, then special, then reports
    Interesting to know! So will this same module detection notice a hand held tuner i.e. Diablosport that saves the stock tune?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.