CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Isn't belt slip a non issue at this point? Mainly because a little smaller belt can be used? Can original ...
    shade is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): CTSV

Re: CTS-V dyno, stock Vs wait4me tune + 2.55 pulley

Isn't belt slip a non issue at this point? Mainly because a little smaller belt can be used? Can original upper pulleys be purchased or does a 3rd party make original sizes?

markrn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 V Sedan / 06 TBSS

How many miles on your V?

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Isn't belt slip a non issue at this point? Mainly because a little smaller belt can be used? Can original upper pulleys be purchased or does a 3rd party make original sizes?
    Belt slip CAN be an issue, even with a smaller belt because the smaller diameter means that less of the upper pulley is in contact with the belt (less belt wrap). That being said, I don't think I'm experiencing any slip.

GM does not sell the stock pulley, only supercharger snouts with pulleys, they really don't want this to be a replaceable item.

Then like the other member said lets get a vendor to make snouts with the pulley size of choice on them...or stock pulleys we can press back on...

You can press on the stock one, just be careful when removing. Mine is perfect and can go right back on.

Gotcha. Did you also use a solid isolater at the same time?

No I didn't. Wasn't there a thread here where GM engineering actually came on and said that would cause more problems than the wear on the shaft caused.

BTW: We did see some wear.

PremierJosh is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    No I didn't. Wasn't there a thread here where GM engineering actually came on and said that would cause more problems than the wear on the shaft caused.

BTW: We did see some wear.
    Yes there was but I have never seen the solid cause anymore shaft wear. Every shaft I have seen has had wear. I would change, do you ever think a gm engineer would come on here and say the stock part causes issues and you should install a aftermarket peice?

Bowtye8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V & 2006 Z06

What shop pressed on the new pully? A local speed shop or dealer?
    I sent a pm to Jesse interested in this setup.

I did not talk with him yet.. but now I am confused either to go with a upper 2.55 or lower 9.5...............?
    Thanks.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

2.55 is very good bang for the buck. I've got 7000 miles on my setup. I can confirm that the pulley looks stock. No belt slip, not even once, not even on my single trip to the dragstrip since install. Belt slip may be a potential problem, but I've never had it and I don't think anyone else with an upper in this application has, either, at least on this board.

kirbyCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V manual

does the upper 2.55 belt slip only occur when adding a new lower pulley or even with a stock one?

Only with a lower also. With the correct belt on my 8.6 lower combo I have never had belt slip. I also added a larger upper idler pulley recently, it gave me a little more upper belt wrap but boost still datalogs the same. It was just extra insurance. But at some point as belt speed and pulleys get smaller it will become a issue just like it has been for the cobra guys.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Does changing belt often help? I bought spares in case it does. I plan to put on a new one periodically at the first signs of wear or slippage.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Does changing belt often help? I bought spares in case it does. I plan to put on a new one periodically at the first signs of wear or slippage.
    I don't know about you but I was surprised at how little the tensioner moves to release the belt, usually it takes a lot of movement, not so on these. Once the belts stretch a little and start to glaze it's time to ditch them, I don't think mine will ever see them start to develop any cracks etc before replacement. I think the upper swap is best served with the upgraded idler (100mm I think) chances of slippage probably negligable with that much wrap.

I view on the 2.55 upper vs 9.6 lower debate is that is you are a person that already really enjoys the car and hasn't kept modding there past cars the 2.55 is good for them. Very cost effective. Now if you are a guy where gaining 80whp is good for now but it is just a stepping stone to more mods in the future get the lower 9.6 so you can switch to the 10" when you do heads and cam. You know your past with cars. I have always wanted more and more power on every car I have owned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.