CTS-V2 Fuel System Warning - Important! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V2 Fuel System Warning - Important! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Good to know Larry gives you his blessings. He I can trust....
    cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: CTS-V2 Fuel System Warning - Important!

Good to know Larry gives you his blessings. He I can trust.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Any idea what my Fuel pressure is at WOT with 72# injectors? Is it 58?

arubenstein is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 1969 Calais, 2009 CTS-v

Hi,

In reading this thread, I have a question. Early in the thread, you state that the fuel pump is variable speed. Are you certain about this? From the tune side, I see that while the car has a FSCM, i see that PWM is disabled.

I am wondering how, then, does GM provide for variable pressure? Is the pressure regulator controlled by the FSCM to accomplish this?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Yes the fuel pressure is controlled by the fuel pressure control module. The ecm only tells it what Pressure to make. Then the FSCM changes the pulse width to the pumps to make the fuel pressure it needs. It will adjust the duty cycle to maintain the set pressure. It learns how much it needs and at what time also. So the first time might have errors, but the next time it will be closer to correct... But it can only go so far.

arubenstein is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 1969 Calais, 2009 CTS-v

OK, then, this is where I am confused.

In the stock tune fro GM on the '09 CTS-v, it shows that there is NOT a variable speed pump, and further, the table that defines the PWM is set to all 90's.

Does the FSCM have it's own parameters that it runs, which make the ECM parameters moot?

And, even if it were PWM, wouldn't installing a Boost-a-Pump not work? Meaning, that, even if you boosted voltage, the PWM would be scaled back to make the pressure it wants to make?
    Attached Images

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

If you look at F0585 I put in that you can see if the car has a fscm, Then the numbers lower tell the computers on the buss what the ecm is asking for during each fuel flow commanded. For example, When the temperature of the engine is 1 degree outside, the car is going to be asking for F0588 which is a fuel rail pressure of 60PSI. Then as the temp gets to 76F then it will start to follow what it was supposed to be depending on flow commanded. So say low at idle, then the computer just puts out on the buss that the commanded pressure is 36psi...

Then at that time, the FSCM which is being reported to because you have F0585 turned on, Will listen to that requested fuel pressure value, then it will adjust pwm to the pumps to achieve that psi goal..

There are safey factors built in though, and also voltage limits that make it so you cant use the boost a pump like on the previous years if it is a direct on off full power. "until i see one personally on a car and how it is hooked up, and fully working all the way turned up, my saying stands"

The fscm also will only allow you to ask for a certain fuel pressure before it will ignore the request and go back down to a safety value. So say you ask for 70psi, it wont give you 70psi, as it cant. There is an internal bypass valve that opens up in the tank that will bleed off access pressure. You can cap this a little bit to restrict flow, to give you 70@wot, but it is hard on things.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Deleted as I won't get a real answers with competing vendors in this thread.

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Hi Guys this is all old news stuff.

We did EXTENSIVE TESTING on this when these cars first came out in 2008 on MY CAR. I posted the results and videos for you guys way back then on this site and ls1tech i believe..

The guys at lingenfelter and myself at my shop found all the max limitations and im sure if you guys search you will find myself explaining all of this. They got to use my car as a guinea pig when i was done with it.

The pumps are a Pulse width modified signal pump. It has a duty cycle from 30 - 100%. At 100% the pumps just cant output any more flow no matter what pressure you try to run.

When you space the regulator with the washer to allow it to cut off higher, you still only get 75psi safely. But that dont fix the 100% PUMP DUTY CYCLE.

It is alot easier and cheaper to just command 70psi and let it run on the regulator at wot and just put in the 80lb @ 3 bar injector.

It allows for 99% duty cycle on the fpdm and 75% duty cycle on the injector at 750hp.

There are alot of things i do differently that no one else does. My voltage from my fpdm program is 14.3volts. "it wont allow higher without overheating" No one else changes this that i know of... Stock settings are 12.9 regulated + base on the negitive line.

That allows me ALOT more resolution to get past the limits others are seeing without having to buy a boost a pump..

I have Yet to kill a 650 rwhp engine here are our shop and these cars have been modified since november of 2008 when i first got mine and many other people at our shop..
    As some customers are reporting 50,000 miles + no on thier mods... Looking thru our records, we have sold HUNDREDS of kits, and built a ton as well here personally at our shop and i have not heard of any failures.. The internet would be the first to know im sure...

You cant really put on a boost a pump on these. As you will see, when you do there is a 72 AMP SPIKE when it initially kicks on, which will cause a system reset on the WHOLE CAR. causing a massive stall condition that you will see and feel. Even changing the power and grounds to larger gauge all the way to the pumps does not fix this issue.

So that is why we had to figure out the fpdm programming.

I can use a stock injector to handle 600RWHP we do it here all the time..
    Jessie, please send me an email at mike.maslowsky@gmail.com with your contact number. I am leaning towards shipping my car down to you for tuning. I'm in Detroit mi. Would like to speak with you about this. Thanks bud

kj217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

the more i read about V2 fueling,, the further i get lost in the details,,
    my 09 V is modified and previous owner doesn't seem to recall any of fuel upgrades his tuner did to the car,, in the other hand,, the car doesn't run properly and have a lot of the symptoms of improper ecu/ifr calibration mentioned here and other related threads,,
    the car auto shifts bad,, goes rich despite how bad we raped PE/VE/MAF tables,, even with 15psi of boost with a TVS2300,, the one thing i noticed that pumps sounds noisy compared to stock V,,
    how can i clean this mess?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by mike_maz View Post
    Jessie, please send me an email at mike.maslowsky@gmail.com with your contact number. I am leaning towards shipping my car down to you for tuning. I'm in Detroit mi. Would like to speak with you about this. Thanks bud
    You might want to PM... there is only a 2 year time delay from your post and the one you quoted from Wait4me.

cotty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv 2009

The best thing to do is get hold of jesse
    Mine was real bad. So i put in a tune from jesse and could not believe the wide bad runs at 14.7 and have had no codes since put his tune in.
    Thanks Jesse

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.