2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP

Here are a whole bunch of options. I was asked on another forum to do some ground work and play with some numbers and hp and what not with options out there. Of course there are more options and items to do different. I'm all for adding more data to this if you have things to add PM me so I can add it to the list and keep it all clean and stuff.

Hope this all helps everyone out there realize what's there, what can be done, and some general prices.

Enjoy!!

Dom

Disclaimer!!!

Iím just doing this for everyoneís knowledge. I DO NOT own a shop, have relatives in a shop or have any alliance to a shop. This is all research I did on my own by either calling shops, dealers, emailing them or looking on the internet. I can not be held accountable for errors, price increase or decrease. The prices were correct as of today, Sept 1, 2010. Also Iím sure you can tell where some of the info is from or where I got it, please do not call out names of shops or anything, they are all out to build fast cars and provide a living for themselves, their families, and their employeeís. We all know mail order is going to be cheaper since they donít have the overhead, so donít talk about it or bring it up. I donít want the Mods to have to do extra work to keep this on topic. If you feel I have made an error, PM me and Iíll look into it and fix it if necessary or explain what I used.

Thanks, have fun and keep the rubber side down!!!

So let me lay some ground work here:
    • Used 450 rwhp for the formulas where needed.
    • All gains are what is said through an Auto, itís what I have so itís what I care about. We know you with sticks will get better.
    • Prices could vary as some I have found very good deals, others I have not, you can do the math if you find it cheaper.
    • I know dynoís vary, so take the hp for what its worth.
    • I indicated if I used the shops estimates, a personís results, or anything different
    • Labor is specific to each shop, they are hidden to protect them, if you can find labor for a cheaper price AWESOME!
    • Dynoís and Tunes are also from 1 or 2 shops. I didnít call every shop and ask their prices, again you can do the math and fix it.

So bring on the suggestions, comments or questions. I think this could be a lot of fun!

Dom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Re: 2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP

Very nice groundwork, things like this make me want to spend some money...

Nice post-keep up the great work.

aj660 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros

I think the most Economical thing to do for 100 crank hp is 9.5 lower pulley, 160 stat, and tune; maybe headers too and call it a day...

it's kind of eye opening what you can get for your buck if you shop around and or do it yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by aj660 View Post
    I think the most Economical thing to do for 100 'crank hp' is 9.5 lower pulley, 160 stat, and tune; maybe headers too and call it a day...
    that is the route I look at doing, and the headers and hfc's just for the sound it makes

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Save yourself some time and money and go with Jesse Bubb.

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    There are lots of great vendors out there. Jesse is one of them.

I put this together just so people can see what is out there and help them out. They can do the research or just go with whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    I just ordered the 9.5 pulley, and 160 stat today from Hannah at wait4me. If I was (conveniently) able to get my car to Indiana, then I'd let Jesse do the work. Much easier for me to have it done local in NY and tuned on a dyno. Headers will be next, and then I'll take it from there. If I desire more HP, then I'll probably go with Cam etc...

I just ordered the 9.5 pulley, and 160 stat today from Hannah at wait4me. If I was (conveniently) able to get my car to Indiana, then I'd let Jesse do the work. Much easier for me to have it done local in NY and tuned on a dyno. Headers will be next, and then I'll take it from there. If I desire more HP, then I'll probably go with Cam etc...
    I'm interested in your results for the chart and price....

I don't have that set up in my chart since most do cai too. Pm if u want.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    I'm interested in your results for the chart and price....

I don't have that set up in my chart since most do cai too. Pm if u want.

Thanks.
    I'll post my before and after dyno. I'm having the work done next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was going to do CAI but I just don't think it's necessary right now for only 10-20hp. I also don't care about the additional supercharger whine noise from the CAI.

I'll post my before and after dyno. I'm having the work done next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was going to do CAI but I just don't think it's necessary right now for only 10-20hp. I also don't care about the additional supercharger whine noise from the CAI.

Sounds good. You can PM the price if you like.... If not then it won't be added to the chart as i'm keeping it $/hp.

I'm sure you got a decent/great deal with W4M

look forward to it, as I plan on doing the CAI as with the 9.5 it appears to open things up....

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    Sounds good. You can PM the price if you like.... If not then it won't be added to the chart as i'm keeping it $/hp.

I'm sure you got a decent/great deal with W4M

look forward to it, as I plan on doing the CAI as with the 9.5 it appears to open things up....
    I've been doing a bit of research and I decided to go with the CAI as well. I paid $1000 for the lower 9.5 kit which includes everything, $299 for the CAI, and $35 for the 160 stat. I'm having installed next week and tuned on the dyno for $500-600 total. So $1,800 -2,000 in total for about 100hp (75-80 rwhp). This route makes the most sense to me. Maybe headers and I'll leave it for a while...

Not a bad deal.... Look forward to seeing what you put down. Let me know so I can put your $/hp.

Thanks!!!

baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

The more I see the price of the lower pulley, the more I just want to do the labor for the top one only!

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    The more I see the price of the lower pulley, the more I just want to do the labor for the top one only!
    Only issue I have is you have to have the new one pressed on so that will cost some labor...

Unless you have a press machine.

and then also the upper one is prone to belt slip, and gives you about 20rwhp less then the lower.

and also the techs can see an upper easier and know it's not stock. Other then that Yeah the upper is a really good bang for your buck.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.