2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: 2009+ CTSV Performance Modification list Cost / HP

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    Here are a whole bunch of options. I was asked on another forum to do some ground work and play with some numbers and hp and what not with options out there. Of course there are more options and items to do different. I'm all for adding more data to this if you have things to add PM me so I can add it to the list and keep it all clean and stuff.

Hope this all helps everyone out there realize what's there, what can be done, and some general prices.

Enjoy!!

Dom

Disclaimer!!!

Iím just doing this for everyoneís knowledge. I DO NOT own a shop, have relatives in a shop or have any alliance to a shop. This is all research I did on my own by either calling shops, dealers, emailing them or looking on the internet. I can not be held accountable for errors, price increase or decrease. The prices were correct as of today, Sept 1, 2010. Also Iím sure you can tell where some of the info is from or where I got it, please do not call out names of shops or anything, they are all out to build fast cars and provide a living for themselves, their families, and their employeeís. We all know mail order is going to be cheaper since they donít have the overhead, so donít talk about it or bring it up. I donít want the Mods to have to do extra work to keep this on topic. If you feel I have made an error, PM me and Iíll look into it and fix it if necessary or explain what I used.

Thanks, have fun and keep the rubber side down!!!

So let me lay some ground work here:
    • Used 450 rwhp for the formulas where needed.
    • All gains are what is said through an Auto, itís what I have so itís what I care about. We know you with sticks will get better.
    • Prices could vary as some I have found very good deals, others I have not, you can do the math if you find it cheaper.
    • I know dynoís vary, so take the hp for what its worth.
    • I indicated if I used the shops estimates, a personís results, or anything different
    • Labor is specific to each shop, they are hidden to protect them, if you can find labor for a cheaper price AWESOME!
    • Dynoís and Tunes are also from 1 or 2 shops. I didnít call every shop and ask their prices, again you can do the math and fix it.

So bring on the suggestions, comments or questions. I think this could be a lot of fun!

Dom
    Or shop drumstix. 585 rwhp for $2 grand.

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    Or shop drumstix. 585 rwhp for $2 grand.
    LOL!!! you want me to add you! ? )

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

For those interested: Based on what I've seen, a 9" lower with the 2.55" upper is about the max that I'd consider going with and even then you're still spinning the blower past the point of efficiency. A 9.5" lower with a 2.55" upper? That's insane to me...no way does the blower keep up at high RPMs

aj660 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    For those interested: Based on what I've seen, a 9" lower with the 2.55" upper is about the max that I'd consider going with and even then you're still spinning the blower past the point of efficiency. A 9.5" lower with a 2.55" upper? That's insane to me...no way does the blower keep up at high RPMs
    What do you think about a 10" lower and leave the upper stock? This is what I plan to do....

Quote Originally Posted by aj660 View Post
    What do you think about a 10" lower and leave the upper stock? This is what I plan to do....
    I think you could be close to 570 based on what Jesse says and what I have seen from others.

With a ported blower and snout you would be real close to 600. I plan on trying this....

I think you could be close to 570 based on what Jesse says and what I have seen from others.

With a ported blower and snout you would be real close to 600. I plan on trying this....

Hmmmm, my car dynoed at 556rwhp with just the CIA and 9.5" lower; I'm expecting 580-585rwhp with the 10" ring; I was told that a 30hp gain is the norm..

I was also going to install a Corsa exhaust system, but I changed my mind and I've decided to go with headers instead. I want some more sound, but not too much. My car should dyno at about 600rwhp after I install the 10" ring with headers.

I decided to go with larger injectors as well. Do you know what size injectors are recommended for 600hp ? Thanks

Hmmmm, my car dynoed at 556rwhp with just the CIA and 9.5" lower; I'm expecting 580-585rwhp with the 10" ring; I was told that a 30hp gain is the norm..

I was also going to install a Corsa exhaust system, but I changed my mind and I've decided to go with headers instead. I want some more sound, but not too much. My car should dyno at about 600rwhp after I install the 10" ring with headers.

I decided to go with larger injectors as well. Do you know what size injectors are recommended for 600hp ? Thanks
    All the cars dyno different, so I was just being conservative. With headers, and the 10 you should be close to 600, I just tend to hope for less, and then get surprised when it's better

Jesse has some great injectors that are 62 lb at idle and 100 lb at WOT. With those you won't have an issue to like 800 or more hp (not sure there max, as I haven't done the research)

Here is a fun interactive chart you can play with to see what size you want. if you assume 700 crank hp, at .8 DC, and .6 BSFC, and 43.5 fuel pressure you need 66 lb.

Let us know how it all ends up!!

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

All the cars dyno different, so I was just being conservative. With headers, and the 10 you should be close to 600, I just tend to hope for less, and then get surprised when it's better

Jesse has some great injectors that are 62 lb at idle and 100 lb at WOT. With those you won't have an issue to like 800 or more hp (not sure there max, as I haven't done the research)

Here is a fun interactive chart you can play with to see what size you want. if you assume 700 crank hp, at .8 DC, and .6 BSFC, and 43.5 fuel pressure you need 66 lb.

Let us know how it all ends up!!

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Thanks for the info. I spoke to Paschal Performance and they sell 82lb injectors for $70 each. I'm not sure if it makes sense to spend 2.5X that amount to purchase Jesse's injectors. Maybe I'm wrong, but injectors are injectors...

Both are great vendors. I have dealt with them both.

are you saying Jesse is charging 200 bucks an injector???

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

[QUOTE=Domsz06;2437464]Both are great vendors. I have dealt with them both.

are you saying Jesse is charging 200 bucks an injector???[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what he is charging now, but my receipt states $395 for injectors. That price was for all of them, purchased in Feb 2010

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

[QUOTE=cbloveday;2437820]
    Both are great vendors. I have dealt with them both.

are you saying Jesse is charging 200 bucks an injector???[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what he is charging now, but my receipt states $395 for injectors. That price was for all of them, purchased in Feb 2010
    He was running a recent special for $380 a set.

[QUOTE=DrumStix;2440963]
    Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post

He was running a recent special for $380 a set.
    There was a bit of misunderstanding with aj660, and now he is all good to go.

I had my car car transported to Jesse this weekend for Cam, ported blower, ported snout + TB, heat exchanger, fuel injectors, and (possible) swap to 10" ring from my current 9.5". I am spending $600 for porting my blower + snout + tb, cam will cost $380 and $600 to install, heat exchanger is $360, and $380 for fuel injectors. I think I'm getting a great deal from wait4me so I decided to transport my car there to have the work done.. We're targeting 620-630rwhp with the 10" ring and 600-610rwhp with the current 9.5" lower.

i had my car car transported to jesse this weekend for cam, ported blower, ported snout + tb, heat exchanger, fuel injectors, and (possible) swap to 10" ring from my current 9.5". I am spending $600 for porting my blower + snout + tb, cam will cost $380 and $600 to install, heat exchanger is $360, and $380 for fuel injectors. I think i'm getting a great deal from wait4me so i decided to transport my car there to have the work done.. We're targeting 620-630rwhp with the 10" ring and 600-610rwhp with the current 9.5" lower.
    nice!!!

mainly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

do these package void the warranty? im assuming yes..?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.