1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's ...
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
    2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
    3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
    Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.
    EVIL_C5, EVIL_C5, HeavyH20 and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

I think this could be very good. It's nice to have you and Gary Wells gathering data for us.

BigJoeD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Thunder Gray Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

How about also adding the make and model of the car you raced and any mods you know of, as a reference.

vetkila is offline Cadillac Owner

atcotimesheet1.jpg
    DA-1473 FT

Mods-B-C-D-E-H-I-K-M-T-U
    In the left lane was a 2009 GTR. Mods were exhaust mild to wild switch and K&N intake filters. I was in the right lane.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I was able to muster an 11.2 at 124 two months ago on limited mods and with limited traction from stock tires. My mods are very simple 9.5 lower and 2.55 upper pulley, center section 3" exhaust, Aircleaner
    ,and a tune. Thats it. I know the car is easily a 10 second car with slicks.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...2010_00002.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I was able to muster an 11.2 at 124 two months ago on limited mods and with limited traction from stock tires. My mods are very simple 9.5 lower and 2.55 upper pulley, center section 3" exhaust, Aircleaner
    ,and a tune. Thats it. I know the car is easily a 10 second car with slicks.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...2010_00002.pdf
    If you could follow the format, it will make it MUCH easier for me to populate the data. I assumed based on the name of your .pdf file that this run happened on 7/20/2010. I also know that you typically run at GLD, so I assumed that's where it was and I know on Tuesday's (7-20-2010) they run at night so I took the DA from 8PM.

BTW, the numbers on that timeslip (particularly the last 1/8th mile....compared to my and vetkila's intervals at least) don't seem to jive. Do you have any backup slips from that day showing similar numbers or something close. Granted there's only a few data points so far, but the last 1/8th mile (or the 1/8th ET) seems off to me. I'll put it on the list and I guess as more times are posted we'll see if the data indicates that timeslip might have been an anomaly (timing error).
    CTSV12 and CTSV12 like this.

vetkila is offline Cadillac Owner

How much booster are you running moparman 4444 with a lower any upper pulley and no cam?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hmmm this looks like fun.
    Dont have a full 1/4 run available, but we had a customer recently run his D3 built vehicle at the track in Irwindale. Conditions for this run were about 92 degrees, with a fairly soft launch.

Results -

Modifications -
    A-B-C-D-E-H-I-I2*-K-L-T

*I2 - Intercooler Lid Spacer

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Dr. D,

The list was really meant for 1/4 mile timeslips, not 1/8th mile, but I'll see if I can figure a way to work it in. Maybe I'll break it into two sections since I know not everybody has access to a full 1/4 mile track.

Let me kick it around for a few.

Also, can you give me a username to use for the entry?

Larry
    topekastsv and topekastsv like this.

I realize that, but just kind of figured all the important stuff happens in the 1/8th anyways... Well the info is there for comparison purposes, do with it what you may

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    Dr. D,

The list was really meant for 1/4 mile timeslips, not 1/8th mile, but I'll see if I can figure a way to work it in. Maybe I'll break it into two sections since I know not everybody has access to a full 1/4 mile track.

Let me kick it around for a few.

Larry

I modified the list so as to also encourage the 1/8 mile guys.

D3,

Can you give me a name for the list?

Thanks!

Customer Name is: THERAPIST

Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    I modified the list so as to also encourage the 1/8 mile guys.

D3,

Can you give me a name for the list?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

James:
    Good to see you adding data to the chart.

newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hmmm this looks like fun.
    Dont have a full 1/4 run available, but we had a customer recently run his D3 built vehicle at the track in Irwindale. Conditions for this run were about 92 degrees, with a fairly soft launch.

Results -

Modifications -
    A-B-C-D-E-H-I-I2*-K-L-T

*I2 - Intercooler Lid Spacer

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Well JAMES

Whereas I'm quite confident that you are more than familiar with the D3 build up on this advertised V perhaps you might be good enough to share some information with us "slower" V owners out there.

Do you know with certainty what octane was being used on this particular V on this particular posted run?

What specific rear tire and rim were being used on this V on this run?

I can't imagine only one run was made with this car! Therefore, would you kindly share with us the time slips from the other runs made or at least ask the owner to present them to you so you may post them.

You make mention that the pics of this V going down the track "looks like fun." That being the case did you drive this particular V at the track or have you ever driven any other V2 down the track(either modded or not)?

Since I'm sure you know exactly what D3 mods were made to this car please share with the rest of us forum members the itemized cost of the D3 parts that were on this particular V that you are posting the time slip and pics for.

Thank you

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    Well JAMES

Whereas I'm quite confident that you are more than familiar with the D3 build up on this advertised V perhaps you might be good enough to share some information with us "slower" V owners out there.

Do you know with certainty what octane was being used on this particular V on this particular posted run?

What specific rear tire and rim were being used on this V on this run?

I can't imagine only one run was made with this car! Therefore, would you kindly share with us the time slips from the other runs made or at least ask the owner to present them to you so you may post them.

You make mention that the pics of this V going down the track "looks like fun." That being the case did you drive this particular V at the track or have you ever driven any other V2 down the track(either modded or not)?

Since I'm sure you know exactly what D3 mods were made to this car please share with the rest of us forum members the itemized cost of the D3 parts that were on this particular V that you are posting the time slip and pics for.

Thank you
    is it me or do i detect some animosity in this post?

did i miss something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.