Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#89 ·
we just ran 11.52@119.92 with the folowing mods: 2.55 snout pulley, 9"k&n filter, 180 degree thermosat, drag radials and tune. It was at Bradenton Motorsports Park with about 87 degrees ambiente temps. The short times was 1.692 the track was badas far as tracktion no VHT or tractor drag, 1/8 mile 7.41 @ 95.31 1000ft was 9.641 and 1/4 11.52 @119.92. This was thursday test and tune 10/7/10
Jason
Sarasota, FL

#93 · (Edited)
Here are my slips.

ran it 4 times, fastest was the first, and then the last one was my best 60ft, finally broke 2 seconds.. Gotta work on that.

Brother ran the last pass... Made me feel good to know I beat him in my car ;)

car is auto and BONE STOCK!!

Looks like I didn't save my brothers timeslip in my car, he ran a 12.5.....

#99 ·
Im sorry I posted it in my first post where I wrote out all the times. It is 3 or 4 post above this one. Next time I will have it all in one place for you. Thanks for adding our car to the list. It's pretty cool to see our car listed with some of the fastest V's around.
Thank you,
Jason

#103 ·
Here is my time slip, mods were A & E, Castrol Raceway, Edmonton, Alberta. Elevation is 2200ft, don't know density etc). I'm car 4211(right lane).

The other lane was a friend of mine with a 2010 Shelby with sticky tires and some upgraded intercooler pieces, It's nice to beat him with a Caddy!

Sure looks pitiful up against all those 10 second slips out there!

#108 ·
I ran it on the dyno, made 435hp to the wheels and I think around 421ft/lb of torque. It's only registering 6.25lbs of boost according to HP tuners. Still trying to see if this is an accurate idea of what my boost should be given the altitude and exhaust mods. I'm actually not that impressed, when I first took that car out it was trapping 116-117mph and now it's still in the 112 range, the 60 foots have all been very consistent as well so that wouldn't throw those numbers off. Looking for any suggestions, dealers don't care enough to resolve the problem...ANYONE?

#107 ·
Right now, I think we need a better process to authenicate some of these times we are seeing from people. While we all hope that people are honest, but the fact is that the world is full of liars.

I don't care if the DA is -5000ft, there is no way a stock car with a CAI gonna trap the same MPH as a stock C6Z06 to use as one example

#109 ·
I hear what you're saying NC_Cadzilla, but I was trying to keep this a little more "casual" than on some other sites. It seems like on some forums you can't get on a list without a notarized timeslip and a urine sample, while this list (like the one it mimics on ModFords), is based purely on assumptions of honesty.

I imagine validation that falls somewhere in the middle would be ideal, but I'm not really sure how you'd enforce that short of just omitting records that don't pass somebody's "sniff test". It's the reason I always ask for backup runs since it's the easiest way to silence any doubters as to timeslips. As to validating mods, I'm not sure there is ever a way to do that with certainty.

I'm open to any reasonable suggestions from the forum.

#115 ·
Only two runs, so I tried both worlds. The first, which was had a tad higher trap speed, had everything off. The second run, down a touch on speed, had ALL the controls on. I will continue to use this method until I get DRs and practice a lot! I have the KPE CAI, B&B exhaust, and an Auto.

MODS: A, C, E at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.