1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My car is still using the PS2's, launched with very light brake stand, tires were aired down to 25psi. It's ...
    snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

My car is still using the PS2's, launched with very light brake stand, tires were aired down to 25psi. It's a fine art to getting these cars out of the hole without getting too aggressive and smoking the tires for eternity.

NC_Cadzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts-v

Right now, I think we need a better process to authenicate some of these times we are seeing from people. While we all hope that people are honest, but the fact is that the world is full of liars.

I don't care if the DA is -5000ft, there is no way a stock car with a CAI gonna trap the same MPH as a stock C6Z06 to use as one example

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    snzuloz,

Great times - CONGRATS!

I remember a post by you awhile ago, wondering if something was wrong with your v2 - did you ever reach a resolution to that question? Looks like she's running great now for sure ... !

Rob
    I ran it on the dyno, made 435hp to the wheels and I think around 421ft/lb of torque. It's only registering 6.25lbs of boost according to HP tuners. Still trying to see if this is an accurate idea of what my boost should be given the altitude and exhaust mods. I'm actually not that impressed, when I first took that car out it was trapping 116-117mph and now it's still in the 112 range, the 60 foots have all been very consistent as well so that wouldn't throw those numbers off. Looking for any suggestions, dealers don't care enough to resolve the problem...ANYONE?

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Cadzilla View Post
    Right now, I think we need a better process to authenicate some of these times we are seeing from people. While we all hope that people are honest, but the fact is that the world is full of liars.

I don't care if the DA is -5000ft, there is no way a stock car with a CAI gonna trap the same MPH as a stock C6Z06 to use as one example
    I hear what you're saying NC_Cadzilla, but I was trying to keep this a little more "casual" than on some other sites. It seems like on some forums you can't get on a list without a notarized timeslip and a urine sample, while this list (like the one it mimics on ModFords), is based purely on assumptions of honesty.

I imagine validation that falls somewhere in the middle would be ideal, but I'm not really sure how you'd enforce that short of just omitting records that don't pass somebody's "sniff test". It's the reason I always ask for backup runs since it's the easiest way to silence any doubters as to timeslips. As to validating mods, I'm not sure there is ever a way to do that with certainty.

I'm open to any reasonable suggestions from the forum.

glgjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Cadzilla View Post

NC,

It would be great to have a V vs Mustang like they have with the Grand Nationals. Get all of the fastest V's in the same location running down the same track!

Take Care,
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    I hear what you're saying NC_Cadzilla, but I was trying to keep this a little more "casual" than on some other sites. It seems like on some forums you can't get on a list without a notarized timeslip and a urine sample, while this list (like the one it mimics on ModFords), is based purely on assumptions of honesty.

I imagine validation that falls somewhere in the middle would be ideal, but I'm not really sure how you'd enforce that short of just omitting records that don't pass somebody's "sniff test". It's the reason I always ask for backup runs since it's the easiest way to silence any doubters as to timeslips. As to validating mods, I'm not sure there is ever a way to do that with certainty.

I'm open to any reasonable suggestions from the forum.
    i appreciate your reply and I totally understand the more casual approach to the list. I just think I would be more comfortable with an amazing timeslip if it had a video to go with it or a fellow member to back it up.... I think most peeps on the board is honest on what they have on their car and the runs they make

Mike TexaSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

11.80 119 mph! Almost stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
    11.80 119 mph! Almost stock!
    Post up the full timelslip, time, place, time of day and mods and I'll add you to the list.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Maybe we need a definition of the word "stock".......... I'll try to post my NON-stock results now.

Only two runs, so I tried both worlds. The first, which was had a tad higher trap speed, had everything off. The second run, down a touch on speed, had ALL the controls on. I will continue to use this method until I get DRs and practice a lot! I have the KPE CAI, B&B exhaust, and an Auto.

MODS: A, C, E at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI.

need to update my times on the list sir. Same mods as before , just better air.. 11.58@121.6.

DA on the run was around 1257 ft. Temp was 70 degrees.

NC, just post the slip and get me the date/time of the run.

I'll get everybody updated. Just got back from the track myself and I need to extract some videos for some of my buddies first and grab some dinner.

No changes to mods, just some better air and a few hundreths improvement for a new best. The trans was tickling the rev limiter on the 3-4 shifts all day , but the DA was -213.

Video (RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS):
    http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs3/gnxsctsv1084.wmv

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

To represent the high altitude folks:

At Albuquerque Dragway, 10/30/10, I ran a 12.85@112.1, 1.94 60', BOX STOCK, AUTOMATIC. The DA was 7,200 feet at the time.

Dang, it must be hard to breathe that high up!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.