Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#233 · (Edited)
He asked me to return to the shop for dyno and street tuning. I think he should come to the track with me and tune it there. I will ask him to do that for me.

Regarding the weight issue that keeps coming up, if the weight was such an issue, wouldn't I have a hard time getting a good 60? I'm just a novice but, it seems logical to me.

What is it about the heads that you do not like?

#235 ·
I am available any time Curtis for you to come over for me to do a street/dyno freshen up. I keep telling you every time we talk on the phone to do that. It is only a 2 hour drive. All i have to do is see a full pass log and i can fix what ever is wrong on the high end. It will be a simple thing. It is hard on the dyno to see that kind of thing and when we tuned your car the roads where not the best to try and see how it acted thru 1-4 gear pull. Again, im sure it is something simple. 9s will be a piece of cake..

As for the heads being the wrong head 600+, im not sure what you are saying that for, They are ported to be just like the LSX DR heads.... DR Means DRAG RACE..... So, i would guess that they are good for drag racing. lol. As for 140lbs extra not sure where you are getting that from either.. He is no more than 32lbs heavier in the front with the new setup.... 32lbs aint nothing. He could loose that with a set of aftermarket front rims. Or just loose 32lbs of driver. ;) Not gunna happen though cause Curtis is pretty darn skinny...

#237 ·
So you are telling me that an lsx block is 32 lbs heavier than the stock Lsa aluminium block? I see alot of cars you build look good on paper but when they go to the proving grounds they fail? When my car was built it was dyno tuned and then I went to the track and ran 9's. I guess it's not such a piece of cake? It really bothers me when I see shops talk a big game online and not produce. I have been a victim of this and that is why it bothers me so much.
As far as cbloveday's car you should be doing everything possible for his car to shine. His car has a built 434 CI lsx, ls7 drag race ported heads, ported blower, no2, and all done by wait4me. Yet he can't run better than 10.2's? Let me give you a run down of my car so you have something to compare to. Stock block,stock displacement forged rods and pistons,stock unported blower,stock ported heads with stock valves and rockers. My car went 9's the first time out? I expect his car to run better than mine and so should he and so should you.

#238 · (Edited)
Jesse, I agree. My goal was to run in the 9.7X area and it is very frustrating to waste all this time, fuel and rubber only to get 10.26 after 2 outings.
Hell, I ran a 10.38 on the LSA with a little 35 pill. A good deal of $$$$$$$ later, I'm 10.26 with a lower trap speed and more Nitrous.
What day can I make the 3 hour drive to Warsaw and get it right?

I respectfully request that I be your first and only appt that day so we can focus soley on my car and get it the best tune you can do.

I will then take it to the track and sing your praises if it runs like it should.

I am counting on you.

#263 ·
Keith,

I think a 1.45 or better sixty foot will be needed to pull off a 9.99 which I think can be done. It is the 6.46 or so 1/8 mile I have a hard time wrapping my head around. These cars are so heavy I can't see the car running a 6.50 flat and being able to make up the time on the back half. I do think that there will be some 6.50s run this year in the 1/8 mile albeit maybe 6.58 or 6.59. It will take perfect weather and a really well prepped rack track. It will be very interesting to watch things develop.

Gene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.