1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 36
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'll throw in my old timeslip, Mods are: A, B, C, H, L, U....
    SStreet King is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS V Sedan

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

I'll throw in my old timeslip,

Mods are: A, B, C, H, L, U.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

That's almost 6 months old!

SStreet King is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS V Sedan

Lol I did say it was old. Next time the car is at the track will be with a 416 stroker and drag radials instead of the stock street tires lol

phatman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Here is my slip. 2011 sedan, A-Stock. I think I'm number one bone stock!
    Scan 3.jpeg

Junkie414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Is this ever going to get updated?

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4

Prob not....I pm'd the OP and got no response for both my time slip updates.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Purple87SS View Post
    Prob not....I pm'd the OP and got no response for both my time slip updates.
    Same here...he's online now too...maybe he'll see this and chime in...

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

DA- Memphis International Raceway/Memphis Motor Sports Park, 11-3-12 @ 12:27 am
    Mods - A-B-C-D-K-U
    Attached Images

Rabbitctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ctsv, 1966 coupe de ville

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie414 View Post
    Is this ever going to get updated?
    lol it took the 2 months to update it when I had the record. lol hang tight might not have to change it , ill be back on top

ctsVeteran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Diamond Tricoat '09 CTS-V

Just got the car yesterday morning... Launching this SOB is quite trickty in cooler weather on street tires! lol

Well here is my first entry.

A - bone stock

DA - it was at Toronto motor speedway in Cayuga at 3:20 PM

Insane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet!
    11.76 airaid and drag radials!

----------

Airaid and drag radials! 11-3-12 Memphis!

dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

Maybe I can provide some info on what worked for my 2012 CTS-V Coupe with automatic. I'm not sure if you want to include my time slip in the chart, I do have 11 inch rear rims and 345 30 19 Nitto drag radials. List of mods: W4M heat exchanger - D3 aluminum radiator - 160 stat - AiRaid CAI - 8.66 lower pulley - W4M SCT tune [Max 91 octane for CA] - 1.85 rockers - BB Sport cat back exhaust - and as I said 345 30 19 Nitto drag radials [only fit on the Coupe] - rims are 11 inch with 50 mm offset. This car dyno's at 527 RWHP/510 RWT [Dynojet dyno 64 degrees]. I believe the torque reading is low because of the BB sport exhaust system. I love the sound and lack of drone, but unless you really make some BIG HP you will gain a few HP and lose Torque [in my case I think about 20 ft/lbs. This car on a good DA and well prepped track runs 11.59 @ 121 MPH. I really wanted to limit this engine to 12 lbs of boost [cast pistons and all] so I choose to work on it's limitations of air flow, not just keep raising the boost level. Headers are just too noisey for me, but they sure would help it breathe. 11.59 @ 121 is pretty stout for 91 octane IMHO. Next is a ported throttle body/snout and supercharger inlet and lid spacer and a 93 octane tune, hoping for another 20 to 30 HP. We'll see soon. Ah! DA was 225 on the posted time slip, ABCDEKLR. An added note: I reduced the rear camber from 1.5 degrees to 1 degree and it improved traction a bunch. I would have gone to .5 degrees but ran out of adjustment. It's worth doing, traction is limited with these beasts.
    Attached Images

sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

Some questions..... What is the best launch RPM for 0-60 runs on a stock automatic 2012 Coupe? At what RPM should I shift gears for a 1/4 mile run? What combination of electronic aids should be turned on/off?

dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

I've got a 2012 coupe that I drag race. Best I think to stage at idle and just hammer it in drive. It's what most all drivers are doing and quicker than paddle shifting. I'd use sport mode and turn traction control off. I would recommend a Wait4Me tune, it also tunes the transmission computer for a firmer shift and at the correct RPM. If you read post 537 you will see what I've done to the car, not stock at all. 121 mph @ 11.59 ET. A stocker on a good density altitude and a well preped track should run low 12's on street tires. Have fun!

sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dwbowen View Post
    I've got a 2012 coupe that I drag race. Best I think to stage at idle and just hammer it in drive. It's what most all drivers are doing and quicker than paddle shifting. I'd use sport mode and turn traction control off. I would recommend a Wait4Me tune, it also tunes the transmission computer for a firmer shift and at the correct RPM. If you read post 537 you will see what I've done to the car, not stock at all. 121 mph @ 11.59 ET. A stocker on a good density altitude and a well preped track should run low 12's on street tires. Have fun!
    Thanx for the tips! Is there a dyno readout showing the power curve for a stock car? I have noticed many for modified Vs, but not for an ordinary stock motor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.