Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think this could be very good. It's nice to have you and Gary Wells gathering data for us.

#6 ·
I was able to muster an 11.2 at 124 two months ago on limited mods and with limited traction from stock tires. My mods are very simple 9.5 lower and 2.55 upper pulley, center section 3" exhaust, Aircleaner
,and a tune. Thats it. I know the car is easily a 10 second car with slicks.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-personal-best-11-2-but-ccf07202010_00002.pdf
If you could follow the format, it will make it MUCH easier for me to populate the data. I assumed based on the name of your .pdf file that this run happened on 7/20/2010. I also know that you typically run at GLD, so I assumed that's where it was and I know on Tuesday's (7-20-2010) they run at night so I took the DA from 8PM.

BTW, the numbers on that timeslip (particularly the last 1/8th mile....compared to my and vetkila's intervals at least) don't seem to jive. Do you have any backup slips from that day showing similar numbers or something close. Granted there's only a few data points so far, but the last 1/8th mile (or the 1/8th ET) seems off to me. I'll put it on the list and I guess as more times are posted we'll see if the data indicates that timeslip might have been an anomaly (timing error).

#8 ·
Hmmm this looks like fun.
Dont have a full 1/4 run available, but we had a customer recently run his D3 built vehicle at the track in Irwindale. Conditions for this run were about 92 degrees, with a fairly soft launch.

Results -

Modifications -
A-B-C-D-E-H-I-I2*-K-L-T

*I2 - Intercooler Lid Spacer

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

#14 ·
Hmmm this looks like fun.
Dont have a full 1/4 run available, but we had a customer recently run his D3 built vehicle at the track in Irwindale. Conditions for this run were about 92 degrees, with a fairly soft launch.

Results -

Modifications -
A-B-C-D-E-H-I-I2*-K-L-T

*I2 - Intercooler Lid Spacer

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
Well JAMES

Whereas I'm quite confident that you are more than familiar with the D3 build up on this advertised V perhaps you might be good enough to share some information with us "slower" V owners out there.

Do you know with certainty what octane was being used on this particular V on this particular posted run?

What specific rear tire and rim were being used on this V on this run?

I can't imagine only one run was made with this car! Therefore, would you kindly share with us the time slips from the other runs made or at least ask the owner to present them to you so you may post them.

You make mention that the pics of this V going down the track "looks like fun." That being the case did you drive this particular V at the track or have you ever driven any other V2 down the track(either modded or not)?

Since I'm sure you know exactly what D3 mods were made to this car please share with the rest of us forum members the itemized cost of the D3 parts that were on this particular V that you are posting the time slip and pics for.

Thank you

#9 · (Edited)
Dr. D,

The list was really meant for 1/4 mile timeslips, not 1/8th mile, but I'll see if I can figure a way to work it in. Maybe I'll break it into two sections since I know not everybody has access to a full 1/4 mile track.

Let me kick it around for a few.

Also, can you give me a username to use for the entry?

Larry

#10 ·
I realize that, but just kind of figured all the important stuff happens in the 1/8th anyways... Well the info is there for comparison purposes, do with it what you may :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr. D,

The list was really meant for 1/4 mile timeslips, not 1/8th mile, but I'll see if I can figure a way to work it in. Maybe I'll break it into two sections since I know not everybody has access to a full 1/4 mile track.

Let me kick it around for a few.

Larry

#22 ·
Just gives me a thought.

:hmm: Maybe I can incorporate a hyperlink in the list for people that have videos of their pass. I'd likely have to link in the Excel spreadsheet, not a .jpg of i, and make one of the fields a hyperlink. Or maybe it would need to be a Word .doc file. I'll have to experiment.

I'll kick that around this weekend.

G
#31 ·
I didnt know Judge Judy owned a V, Why would she pick a name like newcadman anyway. Relax your ruining a good thread. start a new thread saying D3 has a false opinions about 91 watered down gas in Cali. You will get a lot of replies.

#37 · (Edited)
I ran my 2009 CTS-V at Atco on Friday the 10th. I the air was good (69*F) and the track was hooking great (for me anyway). I ended up beating my best time and broke into the 11s. The first was an 11.837 @ 117.69 with a 1.733 60' on Federal 595 RPM that were on the car when I bought it. BTW I did 1.07 G on these same tires.
http://www.federaltire.com/en/html/pdetail.php?DB=motosports&pdline=1&ID=37

Well the next run I topped the previous with an 11.744 @ 118.36 MPH and a 1.736 60' see below

To date my mods are A-B-C-+ a home made CAI, eth injection (50/50 denatured alky and H2O jet located before the blower), HP Tuners tune (removed tq management and added timing), and Corsa mufflers which really don't do anything. In the dyno sheet below, the first and last runs were with the eth injection on. Runs 2 adn 3 the eth was off.

#40 · (Edited)
Don't have a scanner for timeslip, but here's my results.
60' 1.79
330' 4.97
1/8 7.58
mph 95.07
1000' 9.81
1/4 11.68
mph 122.89

Manual trans car
9" pulley, CAI, ECM, 160 stat, Mac mufflers

MT ET Street drag radial tires on C6 Z06 front Spyder wheels.

Elevation: 852'
Temp: 74 degrees in daylight
Date: Sept 12th 2010

Thanks for your time spent here. :thumbsup:

Dyno: 578 RWHP 546 RWTQ, Dynojet SAE corrected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.