1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 28
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by HeavyH20 Has anyone else been warned at the track for running too fast? I ran into the ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20 View Post
    Has anyone else been warned at the track for running too fast? I ran into the 11.49 or faster roll cage requirement the other time out. Had to promise not to run faster than 11.4 during time trials and 11.5 during eliminations (where it is recorded) to be allowed to race. The track owner was cool about it but apparently there were more than a few of the track regulars who were complaining the last time the dropout and I were racing. His really pushed them along running mid 10's. It seems that they did not like getting showed up by an almost stock street car. To add insult to injury, this time out, I went on to win the class. I know that bugged more than a few folks, there, but I really got the car dialed in for .02x and .01x lights with the winning run at a .009. Just curious, for those that attend NHRA sanctioned events. I may have to get to the track on a rented day to drive the times down..
    it's a saftey regulatory thing the NHRA and sanctioned tracks enforce. 11.49 or less requires a cage, 13.99 or less requires a helmet,

newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

[QUOTE=M5eater;2759330]I KNOW!! T_T don't remind me!! I tried at least another 8-10 runs!

the trans would not shift correctly in sport mode, so it was basicly impossible after that. I checked the fluid sunday, it was filled correctly, so something is definitally not working like it should.

When you say the trans would not shift correctly in sport mode do you mean it was hitting the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift (which is a common complaint that some members have reported)?

[QUOTE=newcadman;2759598]
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I KNOW!! T_T don't remind me!! I tried at least another 8-10 runs!

the trans would not shift correctly in sport mode, so it was basicly impossible after that. I checked the fluid sunday, it was filled correctly, so something is definitally not working like it should.

When you say the trans would not shift correctly in sport mode do you mean it was hitting the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift (which is a common complaint that some members have reported)?
    excactly to the T. I searched for a while for the issue but couldn't find anything on it, it's common? Do you know of any threads on the subject you could link?

[QUOTE=M5eater;2759632]
    Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post

excactly to the T. I searched for a while for the issue but couldn't find anything on it, it's common? Do you know of any threads on the subject you could link?

In terms of any threads on the issue I'm not aware of any, but do know that GM is aware of the issue and to the best of my knowledge has not addressed the matter. As for how common is it, I have the feeling it's more common than perhaps one would think.

As you know there is nothing more frustrating and disappointing than to have a great run going only to hit the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift. The other characteristic that seems to be exhibited is that it can be intermittent.

There is also a potential dilemma here and that is it appears a trans tune will remedy this occurrence but then one is left vulnerable because GM can turn around and say (if you should ever experience a trans problem) that the warranty is void because an aftermarket tune was done to the trans !

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    it's a saftey regulatory thing the NHRA and sanctioned tracks enforce. 11.49 or less requires a cage, 13.99 or less requires a helmet,
    I know about the rules for NHRA and the 11.49 requriement. I was just curious how much enforcement there has been.

As for the transmission shift issue, I had not run into it until this past weekend with a 2-3 shift that bumped the limiter. I did, however, make a correlation between my tranny temps being cold and warm. I had a long break between runs on a cool day, went up to do a run, and experienced it first hand. Fluid temp was under 100 degrees. I kept it warm after that (108 plus) and never saw a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20 View Post

As for the transmission shift issue, I had not run into it until this past weekend with a 2-3 shift that bumped the limiter. I did, however, make a correlation between my tranny temps being cold and warm. I had a long break between runs on a cool day, went up to do a run, and experienced it first hand. Fluid temp was under 100 degrees. I kept it warm after that (108 plus) and never saw a repeat.

I believe M5eater experienced his shifting issues only on his later runs when his trans would more than likely been above 108 and not on his initial few runs if not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    I believe M5eater experienced his shifting issues only on his later runs when his trans would more than likely been above 108 and not on his initial few runs if not mistaken.
    It was 40 something when i ran that day, and the car had long breaks between runs, so temps on the trans were between 140-160, and once into the 170s, my last run infact.

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable running it at under 120, the fluid does need to be hot enough to flow well.

Just wanted to share a quick snapshot of my path from stock to slightly modified over the summer.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

You should probably correct it since they aren't indicative of what you should be doing.

I assume you are referring to DA corrected times. To that, "should" is simply an estimate. These are the actual delivered results. Some folks are privileged to be in a section of the country where the DA is at sea level. The gains are all relative and real. I could correct to DA but that would skew the results, somewhat.

As a note, the biggest change was adjusting the throttle bypass as a byproduct of removing and re-installing the snout. I personally believe this to be the one of the biggest variables in like V to V comparisons. Some run fast and some run slow. I think my best example is Tedboss1 and myself. He had much better results, stock, and very similar results modified.
    Tedboss1 and Tedboss1 like this.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

If not correct, then add in your DA.
    How does removing and re-installing the snout adjust the throttle bypass?

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    If not correct, then add in your DA.
    How does removing and re-installing the snout adjust the throttle bypass?
    I needed to take of the assembly to install the snout. When I put it back, I adjusted the assembly so that the backplate was just touching instead of slightly open. Many cars are bleeding off boost losing horsepower. I have seen more than few folks make the change and experience very positive gains (dyno proven).

I will post up the DA, but it goes a bit like this:

4400, 3000, 2100, 2100 (with and without DRs on same day), 1200

Now, for the correction, there is always argument about what the correction factor should be. I will post up the DA in an updated post.

The updated list with DA for those who wish to determine the corrected value.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Heavy H20.
    Great list.
    My results were very similar to yours with my MPH being higher.
    It may be due to DA at my track being much lower.

sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

Timeslip2.jpg

2011 V Sedan
    DA (-549)
    M - E

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.