1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Got the PMs from you guys. Sorry, my home computer is still down. Gonna load some programs on my laptop, ...
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Got the PMs from you guys. Sorry, my home computer is still down. Gonna load some programs on my laptop, hook up my external drive (where the CTS-V Timeslip stuff is kept....thank God) and get the list updated. Sorry for the delay, but my desktop has been dead for almost a week and it's still in warranty, so I'm resigned to working the issue at Dell's pace.

CRAZY V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Sport Wagon"11", corvette ZR1 "10"

Can we adda letter for torch converter?

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

Hey guys - reporting back with the results from the Wait4me ported and polished supercharger snout with 2.55 pulley installed couple with Jesse's tune for the 2.55. So, with the core trade and the tune, my $800 investment yielded some very good bang for the buck returns. As a recap:

Bone stock, no tune - 12.6x @ 111 MPH
    CAI, no tune - 12.4x @ 113
    CAI with Jesse's tune - 12.2x @ 114 MPH
    ported snout with Jesse's tune - 11.595 @ 123.87 MPH at about 600 foot DA

So, the but dyno was accurate. The car really picked up some horsepower. Mods are A,B,C,D,U.

Notes on the day - 60 foot was a struggle - mostly 1.8x. I did have some solid low 1.7x 60 foots, but that was during brackets and I got out of the throttle at the end of the runs. Getting wheelsping from 1 to 2. They do not call Rcokfalls "Slippery Rock" for nothing
    Tedboss1 and Tedboss1 like this.

glgjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Larry,

Please update my time. We are finally getting the trans to work better. Thanks to Keith at KDI for the advice! My drag radials are worn out so the sixty foot is not as good as it could be but I have a new set ready for the LSX Shootout. Also I have added a HX (from KDI) and had my blower ported. I am seriously considering headers to stock mufflers. I think the stock exhaust is holding me back some.

Take Care,
    Gene

1056.jpg

I thought I would summarize out the gains for some basic mods. I have corrected for DA and the rear wheel horspower is calculated on the base, stock dyno result. I also included the cost to perform each mod.

Updated version (edited with my estimated HP figures with 1.9 60 foot blending)

Tedboss1 and Tedboss1 like this.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Interesting and informative but I see the DA got progressively better each time, so the gains per mod are skewed. I see you corrected the MPH and Et but not sure how accurate that calculation is. I would like to see the same DA. Still error in track prep too.

Also, your ET and 60 foot went up while your MPH went down with the addition of DRs only, in better air yet.
    It is nice to see that you have tabled the performance with each mod though and certainly gives you some perspective.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by glgjr View Post
    Larry,

Please update my time. We are finally getting the trans to work better. Thanks to Keith at KDI for the advice! My drag radials are worn out so the sixty foot is not as good as it could be but I have a new set ready for the LSX Shootout. Also I have added a HX (from KDI) and had my blower ported. I am seriously considering headers to stock mufflers. I think the stock exhaust is holding me back some.

Take Care,
    Gene

Attachment 81143
    Nice Gene. I'll get ya updated tonight. Yea, the exhaust might be costing you some at the point you're at now. The headers into stock exhaust is very livable though. You'll like it.

glgjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    Nice Gene. I'll get ya updated tonight. Yea, the exhaust might be costing you some at the point you're at now. The headers into stock exhaust is very livable though. You'll like it.
    Larry,

I was thinking of the SW headers with cats to stock mufflers. You don't think it will be too loud?

Take Care,
    Gene

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

HeavyH2O.
    Nice improvement with 2.55 pulley and tune.
    What weight of the V did you use to calculate the 605 RWHP?
    Using Dragtimes Horsepower Calculator from 1/4 mile time, Trap Speed & 4200 lbs weight I get
    Horsepower @ flywheel = 577.77 HP.
    http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower-...power+Estimate

4400 pounds with me in it with an almost 4200 curb weight. I weigh 224.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

What calculator were you using for the DA correction? Your numbers are off.

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Interesting and informative but I see the DA got progressively better each time, so the gains per mod are skewed. I see you corrected the MPH and Et but not sure how accurate that calculation is. I would like to see the same DA. Still error in track prep too.

Also, your ET and 60 foot went up while your MPH went down with the addition of DRs only, in better air yet.
    It is nice to see that you have tabled the performance with each mod though and certainly gives you some perspective.
    In the perfect world, the same track on the same day would have been awesome. I did notice that with bad 60 foots, MPH would increase since you get into the healthy RPMs earlier (spinning) and then once you have grip, you have more track to get your MPH up. The taller drag radials (305-35-19) do hurt MPH a little but not too much. I was able to get 1.85 60 foots on my street tires. The first two times out, it was very hot.

I used a couple of control CTS-V's that were at the same events with no changes. Here are those times:

60 foot times are about 2.2 in all cases.

1. 13.1
    2. 13.0
    3. 13.0
    4. 12.9
    5. 13.2 (bad track prep last time out)

Next one:

2011 Coupe, E85 conversion, new injectors, lower pulley, CAI, tune - dyno'd at 593 RWHP in 90 degree ambient

1. no result
    2. 12.2 (he had street tires - 2.1 60 foot)
    3. 11.6 (high 1.8 60 foot - 123 MPH )
    4. 11.5 (low 1.8 60 foot - 123 MPH )
    5. 11.4 (1.74 60 foot - 117 MPH - getting a Manifold Air Pressure code at top)

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    What calculator were you using for the DA correction? Your numbers are off.
    dragtimes.com

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

HeavyH2O.
    So HP figures are @flywheel not RWHP as shown on your chart?

I went with their formula since the RWHP figure I got on the dyno, stock, was almost spot on to the calculator. (+/- 1 HP) It only serves as an estimate to show relative gains. I suppose I could change the results to allow the same 60 foor, say 1.9, to keep things in line. I could use the .1 at 60 foot nets you .2 on the end. If that was the case, the stock run would be .2 faster and the CAI .2 faster. The latter runs a little slower which would show the true net.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.