1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Noticed from the above posted timeslips (on page 20) by Tedboss1 and HeavyH20 that their respective 60' times of 1.87 ...
    newcadman is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Noticed from the above posted timeslips (on page 20) by Tedboss1 and HeavyH20 that their respective 60' times of 1.87 and 1.88 sec. were achieved while running the new MT 305/35/19 drag radial tires.

Have to think that something is wrong here because some of us have achieved or bettered those 60' times with the stock PS2s ! Be curious to know what racing tire pressures were being used, whether any burnout was done, whether there was any track prep done ,etc.?

Would like to think that with these new MT tires 60' times in the 1.6 sec. range could be achieved without a lot of difficulty (unless of course these new tires aren't as good as we had hoped for. Hope not!)

Even though this new 305/35/19 MT ( 27.4") is a taller than stock( 26.9") tire and does kill a little rear gear it should really result in 60' times that are superior to what has been able to be achieved with the PS2s and/or other street tires.

serturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Coupe

Traction isn't the main problem. An A6 needs more power or a higher stall to launch harder.

Quote Originally Posted by serturbo View Post
    Traction isn't the main problem. An A6 needs more power or a higher stall to launch harder.

FWIW, don't believe so.

Example: I ran a 1.798 sec. 60' in my auto ( stock except for CAI) with PS2s and definitely had wheelspin out of the hole. Those MT should hook and go (at the track ) and certainly give better 60' times than any street tire, even the PS2.

Forum members " Justkin" went 12.00 with his bone stock auto and had a 1.80 60' time and " JOEYCTS-V" ran a 1.77 60' time with his auto ( stock except for CAI) and he went 11.81. All of us were on stock PS2s.

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

The big factor is humidity, tire capability and track prep (reference: http://www.racecarbook.com/pdfs/12.pdf). I raced other CTS-V's at the track with PS2's while I had my MT's and easily beat them by .2 to .4 seconds in the 60 foot arena. Take a look at the two timeslips I submitted and the 60 foot of the other car. That was a 2011 with stock PS2's at 28 PSI with 2.2 60 foot times. The manual CTS-V was getting anywhere from 2.2 to 2.4 60 foot times. I know I was able to pull of a best of 1.95 with my Continentals with 30 PSI the previous time out.

On a properly prepped track, I suspect a 1.6 or 1.7 60 foot is attainable. With the rule of thumb (.1 on the 60 foot nets you .2 on the ET), you would see results into the 11's. I am going to a different track next week and will see if there are any differences in the 60 foot. The track prep works best in lower humidity conditions and that day out, humidity was 100%.

Here is what I had for the MT tires:

- 20 PSI
    - traction control off
    - into the water box in second, then burn out until they grip (lurch forward with authority)
    - into auto then back to tranny sport
    - launched with a little load on the tranny without supercharger kicking in (red lighted that run - bad 60 foot, as well) and then hammered the pedal - no real slip, just goes

My 60 foot times were the same as the GT500 that had MT 18 inch, as well. I know I am losing a bit on the MPH with the taller sidewall but the extra grip more than offsets. The coupe I raced should have cleaned my clock with 100 extra RWHP (he dyno'd at 580) but did not, since he would spin out of the hole, 1-2, then 2-3 as I did last time out. The MT tires helped with a 3/10 improvement over my street tires mostly due to 1-2, 2-3 slip where I did 12.6's best to 12.3's with MT tires.

[QUOTE=HeavyH20;2705691]The big factor is humidity, tire capability and track prep (reference: http://www.racecarbook.com/pdfs/12.pdf).

On a properly prepped track, I suspect a 1.6 or 1.7 60 foot is attainable. With the rule of thumb (.1 on the 60 foot nets you .2 on the ET), you would see results into the 11's. I am going to a different track next week and we see if there are any differences in the 60 foot. The track prep works best in lower humidity conditions and that day out, humidity was 100%.

Here is what I had for the MT tires:

- 20 PSI
    - traction control off
    - into the water box in second, then burn out until they grip (lurch forward with authority)
    - into auto then back to tranny sport
    - launched with a little load on the tranny without supercharger kicking in (red lighted that run - bad 60 foot, as well) and then hammered the pedal - no real slip, just goes

The MT tires helped with a 3/10 improvement over my street tires mostly due to 1-2, 2-3 slip where I did 12.6's best to 12.3's with MT tires.

Should prove very interesting to see how you do at a different track next week and with a lower humidity.

If it's not too much trouble would you be good enough to post your new results. Good luck in your quest for the 11's !

I will definitely post up any new results.

Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    FWIW, don't believe so.
    Then prove me wrong. Let's see you pull a 1.6 with a stock A6 V. All the stats are on my side right now. Hook and go doesn't always equal a faster time. Sometimes controlled wheel spin on the start is just fine as long as the car is moving forward and not smoking the hell out of the tires.

Here is a couple of videos of the coupe and I running at BIR. These are the two timeslips I submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by serturbo View Post
    Then prove me wrong. Let's see you pull a 1.6 with a stock A6 V. All the stats are on my side right now. Hook and go doesn't always equal a faster time. Sometimes controlled wheel spin on the start is just fine as long as the car is moving forward and not smoking the hell out of the tires.

Since I don't have drag radials and am not totally stock maybe best to watch HeavyH2O since he does have drag radials (& cai) and has mentioned in an above reply that " On a properly prepped track I suspect a 1.6 or 1.7 60 foot is attainable."

I believe he said he's going to a different track this week-end. Let's see how he does and what he has to report.

PremierJosh is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Priceless is running the new 19's and made a couple 1.61-1.63 60' two nights ago on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PremierJosh View Post
    Priceless is running the new 19's and made a couple 1.61-1.63 60' two nights ago on them.

Josh, care to venture a guess as to what kind of best 60' time you would expect with a basically bone stock V on your same drag ra
    dials ?

Just got back from the track. It was hot again, today, with temps in the 80's. DA for the best run was 2158 feet with a time of 12.259 @ 114.41 MPH. Still cannot get these MT tires figured out as to what works best. 19 PSI with dry or wet burnout, hammer it, walk it out, traction on or off, etc. Best I could do was a 1.893 60 foot. I took the tires off and put my streets back on (Conti DW Extreme at 28 PSI) and got a 1.876 60 foot, interestingly enough, for a 12.357 @ 113.87 MPH (DA on that run was 2624 feet). So, the MT tires are really not netting me anything. I need to figure them out.

For those with the 19 inch MT tires, what PSI are you running them at? How are you launching?

STSNZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS Foose, CTS with LS2 supercharged on propane (in progress

Hi, So great to see you guys going hard. When you do that you break things.... so you get to know your car real well! I would love to know what is the difference between a 2009 CT with 3.6 litre motor to a CTS-V.
    Engine is obvious... but diff, brakes, shocks, springs, bars, steering ratio..... anything mechanically.
    Sorry not sure of the right place to ask but hope someone here has the answers, thanks
    (no CTS-V in New Zealand)

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Last Saturday I went back to try my car at Napierville drag-way.
    Condition were perfect:
    = + 14 deg C (57 deg F), Traction was excellent. A lot of glue on the track.
    After short burnout with transmission in sport and TC ON, on green light I squeezed the throttle to maintain traction.
    After car grips I punch pedal to the floor and push the TC off button once.
    Car felt very strong with a best time of 11.591 at 123 MPH. with 60 ft time of 1.763
    This was my best run ever with my V.
    My mods are A, B, C, D.
    I used W4M max tune .
    I dont seem to be able to post my time slip.
    Can anybody help?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    Last Saturday I went back to try my car at Napierville drag-way.
    Condition were perfect:
    = + 14 deg C (57 deg F), Traction was excellent. A lot of glue on the track.
    After short burnout with transmission in sport and TC ON, on green light I squeezed the throttle to maintain traction.
    After car grips I punch pedal to the floor and push the TC off button once.
    Car felt very strong with a best time of 11.591 at 123 MPH. with 60 ft time of 1.763
    This was my best run ever with my V.
    My mods are A, B, C, D.
    I used W4M max tune .
    I dont seem to be able to post my time slip.
    Can anybody help?
    Upload your image to a hosting site like PhotoBucket and then link it to your post.

With an almost stock A6 V on DRs, you should be able to launch fine with TC totally off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.