1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 586
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by e6t is it me or do i detect some animosity in this post? did i miss something? ...
  1. #16
    newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    747

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by e6t View Post
    is it me or do i detect some animosity in this post?

    did i miss something?
    Poignant questions, yes! Looking for details, yes! Animosity, no, not from my perspective.

  2. #17
    cooler2442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Not a full time slip but a good video / run none the less.

  3. #18
    e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
    Not a full time slip but a good video / run none the less.

    is that vetkila?

  4. #19
    gnxs's Avatar
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland SW Suburbs
    Posts
    811
    Thread Starter

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by e6t View Post
    is that vetkila?
    I would say so.

  5. #20
    vetkila is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    33
    Posts
    188

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Yes that is me!

  6. #21
    gnxs's Avatar
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland SW Suburbs
    Posts
    811
    Thread Starter

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    .........

  7. #22
    gnxs's Avatar
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland SW Suburbs
    Posts
    811
    Thread Starter

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by vetkila View Post
    Yes that is me!
    Just gives me a thought.

    Maybe I can incorporate a hyperlink in the list for people that have videos of their pass. I'd likely have to link in the Excel spreadsheet, not a .jpg of i, and make one of the fields a hyperlink. Or maybe it would need to be a Word .doc file. I'll have to experiment.

    I'll kick that around this weekend.

  8. #23
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,373

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    That is a GREAT idea. The more details you can have on this post, the better resource it would be for the community.

    I think we have some footage of that 1/8 mile run.... We will post a link.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

    Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    Just gives me a thought.

    Maybe I can incorporate a hyperlink in the list for people that have videos of their pass. I'd likely have to link in the Excel spreadsheet, not a .jpg of i, and make one of the fields a hyperlink. Or maybe it would need to be a Word .doc file. I'll have to experiment.

    I'll kick that around this weekend.

  9. #24
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,373

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Hello,
    Actually there was regular Arco gas in there at the time of the run... 91 California water blend...

    The owner of this car has a second set of wheels 18x11 with some 305 Mickey Thompson DR's.

    There was another run before this, and it wasn't a good run as it was the first run with this car. The driver had to get used to how to launch this car. Blew the tires right off, didn't get them warmed up enough. The second pass was this one. After this run, the car got kicked off the track for going too quick. We lobbied to get the car back on the track. But that is a long story... We were going to go for low 1.6 60 ft, 7 sec flat at the 1/8th @ 102MPH, but the car got yanked as we were staging (AFTER THE BURNOUT). I think they knew what we were going to do.... We said we were only going to do a half pass.... They must have heard that one before. Now we have to put a cage in the car to run in Socal.

    Yes, I have A LOT of seat time behind the wheel of Cadillac's. Personally I am an avid road racer, but this drag racing is pretty easy to pick up!

    As for the itemized report. Its pretty much already a part of the spreadsheet. I am not in the office so i cannot provide pricing and such. But when we can we will post the cost associated with our parts to run this time.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac





    Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    Well JAMES

    Whereas I'm quite confident that you are more than familiar with the D3 build up on this advertised V perhaps you might be good enough to share some information with us "slower" V owners out there.

    Do you know with certainty what octane was being used on this particular V on this particular posted run?

    What specific rear tire and rim were being used on this V on this run?

    I can't imagine only one run was made with this car! Therefore, would you kindly share with us the time slips from the other runs made or at least ask the owner to present them to you so you may post them.


    You make mention that the pics of this V going down the track "looks like fun." That being the case did you drive this particular V at the track or have you ever driven any other V2 down the track(either modded or not)?

    Since I'm sure you know exactly what D3 mods were made to this car please share with the rest of us forum members the itemized cost of the D3 parts that were on this particular V that you are posting the time slip and pics for.

    Thank you

  10. #25
    newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    747

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    Actually there was regular Arco gas in there at the time of the run... 91 California water blend...

    The owner of this car has a second set of wheels 18x11 with some 305 Mickey Thompson DR's.

    There was another run before this, and it wasn't a good run as it was the first run with this car. The driver had to get used to how to launch this car. Blew the tires right off, didn't get them warmed up enough. The second pass was this one. After this run, the car got kicked off the track for going too quick. We lobbied to get the car back on the track. But that is a long story... We were going to go for low 1.6 60 ft, 7 sec flat at the 1/8th @ 102MPH, but the car got yanked as we were staging (AFTER THE BURNOUT). I think they knew what we were going to do.... We said we were only going to do a half pass.... They must have heard that one before. Now we have to put a cage in the car to run in Socal.

    Yes, I have A LOT of seat time behind the wheel of Cadillac's. Personally I am an avid road racer, but this drag racing is pretty easy to pick up!

    As for the itemized report. Its pretty much already a part of the spreadsheet. I am not in the office so i cannot provide pricing and such. But when we can we will post the cost associated with our parts to run this time.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    James
    Thank you for responding.

    However, a few more questions if you don't mind.

    For those of us who are unfamiliar with gas in Cali what is "91 Calif. water blend " gas that you mention and how does it differ from the 91 gas found in other parts of the country?

    As for the customer's V that you posted the time slip for, would you be good enough to post the dyno numbers along with the itemized D3 parts cost list that you have indicated would be forthcoming?

    Whereas you mentioned that "this drag racing is pretty easy to pick up", would you be good enough to post one of your own personal time slips (regardless of V) , preferably when you post the D3 dyno results and the itemized parts cost list from the D3 build up done to the posted customer's V.

    Thank you

  11. #26
    gnxs's Avatar
    gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicagoland SW Suburbs
    Posts
    811
    Thread Starter

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    After this run, the car got kicked off the track for going too quick. We lobbied to get the car back on the track. But that is a long story...
    Wow, they enforce the 7.35 ET rule there. Sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    ......but this drag racing is pretty easy to pick up!
    That's like me doing my three laps at Monticello Motor Club at the V Performance Academy a few weeks ago and making the same comment on road racing.

  12. #27
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,373

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Yeah, they should bump that ET down a bit to allow for more runs without restraint.

    Sorry I was somewhat half joking on the driving. Been around drag racing forever. Not much time behind the wheel for drag strip racing (i.e. using an actual tree), but have been testing cars for quite some time. I don't get out to the actual drag strip that often....

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac




    Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    Wow, they enforce the 7.35 ET rule there. Sucks.

    That's like me doing my three laps at Monticello Motor Club at the V Performance Academy a few weeks ago and making the same comment on road racing.

  13. #28
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,373

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Arco gas in California seems to be a little watered down, not as potent as some of the other brands (i.e. Shell, Mobil, etc...) Typically the highest octane at a regular station out here has 91 as the highest rating.

    Not too interested in posting dyno results as all that seems to do is cause controversy.... But if I recall correctly this car picked up around 190-200HP at the wheels over baseline with our modifications and tuning. If the dyno really needs to be posted we can do that later...

    As for the cost for everything to get done. It was pretty much our normal stage 2 system plus some of our new goodies. This one was using a new billet 102mm tb. We are actually working on this car again making some new goodies that have yet to hit the market. We will post when we are done. The idea is to run 10's without heads and cam on the OE blower with around 13 psi.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac



    Quote Originally Posted by newcadman View Post
    James
    Thank you for responding.

    However, a few more questions if you don't mind.

    For those of us who are unfamiliar with gas in Cali what is "91 Calif. water blend " gas that you mention and how does it differ from the 91 gas found in other parts of the country?

    As for the customer's V that you posted the time slip for, would you be good enough to post the dyno numbers along with the itemized D3 parts cost list that you have indicated would be forthcoming?

    Whereas you mentioned that "this drag racing is pretty easy to pick up", would you be good enough to post one of your own personal time slips (regardless of V) , preferably when you post the D3 dyno results and the itemized parts cost list from the D3 build up done to the posted customer's V.

    Thank you

  14. #29
    newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    747

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Arco gas in California seems to be a little watered down, not as potent as some of the other brands (i.e. Shell, Mobil, etc...) Typically the highest octane at a regular station out here has 91 as the highest rating.

    Not too interested in posting dyno results as all that seems to do is cause controversy.... But if I recall correctly this car picked up around 190-200HP at the wheels over baseline with our modifications and tuning. If the dyno really needs to be posted we can do that later...

    As for the cost for everything to get done. It was pretty much our normal stage 2 system plus some of our new goodies. This one was using a new billet 102mm tb. We are actually working on this car again making some new goodies that have yet to hit the market. We will post when we are done. The idea is to run 10's without heads and cam on the OE blower with around 13 psi.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

    Nice try, James! Gotta give you A for effort though.

    You write, "Arco gas in Calif. seems to be a little watered down, not as potent as some of the other brands (ie. Shell, Mobil)."

    Is this a documented published FACT or are you simply stating your opinion ?
    I think clarification is a reasonable request here considering your use of the word "seems"!

    By the way, very nice job on using the evasive tactic in so far as NOT posting any dyno #'s (but instead using your recall) and for NOT displaying any actual $$ amount(s) but instead saying, "it was pretty much our normal stage 2 system plus some of our new goodies". Very interesting approach indeed.
    What purpose is being served by failing to provide the requested info for forum members now?

    And how curious and interesting is it that in your earlier reply when an itemized D3 parts price list ( from your customer's V that you posted the timeslip for) was requested, your response was, "I am not in the office so I cannot provide pricing as such"? In retrospect, apparently this wasn't the issue at all for not providing pricing because even with access there was still no itemizing or $$ amounts posted!

    For future reference you might wish to remind yourself from that forum members are, by and large a pretty intelligent group, therefore, your unsubstantiated claims in combination with your delay and evasive tactics really aren't in your best interest , IMO.

    BTW, did you forget to post one of your time slips from the dragstrip as was previously requested?

  15. #30
    cbloveday's Avatar
    cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,151

    Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

    Newcadman,

    Please tell me/us exactly what you believe D3/James is guilty of. You can PM me if you prefer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting