1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yeah, it was a really tight race. Brandon messed up his last shift, or it would have been even closer. ...
    Vapordoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTSV Sedan AT Black/Black Satin Wheels

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Yeah, it was a really tight race. Brandon messed up his last shift, or it would have been even closer. I got him at the tree, and he was pulling on me until late in the long end.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My heads will be on soon. Looking for 10:3 @ 132+ with the stock motor and TVS1900 blower with a small GM OEM cam as soon as it get less than a billion degrees here.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Good luck Keith! That will be impressive

glgjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do I hear 10.20s @ 133+? Let's have a liitle fun.

Gene

I think so man. I was going to post that number but will let it happen if it does. Being conservative and besides, it's hotter than heck here now. More to come though.

I have only been to the 1/8 mile track once with my new pulley. The car ran good for the heat but I have a couple more mods to try and should be several tenths quicker this year.

Gene

Sounds good. I have a new pulley here and a new ported blower that was done up a lot better than the first. Also have our cam as well as a meth kit that may go on. Can you say 9.99 with a stock bottom end and TVS1900, full weight? There, I said it.

Keith,

I think a 1.45 or better sixty foot will be needed to pull off a 9.99 which I think can be done. It is the 6.46 or so 1/8 mile I have a hard time wrapping my head around. These cars are so heavy I can't see the car running a 6.50 flat and being able to make up the time on the back half. I do think that there will be some 6.50s run this year in the 1/8 mile albeit maybe 6.58 or 6.59. It will take perfect weather and a really well prepped rack track. It will be very interesting to watch things develop.

Gene

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ditto.

It will be tough. Anyway, I'll certainly be happy with a 10 or 20.

Junkie414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

IMO These cars will not be going into the 9's with a stock 1900 blower, bottom end, and no nitrous. Add some sauce and of course, or a bigger very aggressive motor combo with good fuel and lots of timing.

Personally I don't see why you wouldn't put a bigger blower on it or nitrous with those goals.

Why have more people not experimented with converters and rear end gearing?

There are always those options and without adding gear or converter getting that 330' down is going to be HARD. Phx has two converters sitting in his garage for us.

Caddy Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof

There's a local guy here in Arkansas running 9's in his coupe that's not on this board. He's selling his car for 70K I believe, all built and ready to roll. There are some fast ones out there that aren't on the forum.

newcadman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Wagon View Post
    There's a local guy here in Arkansas running 9's in his coupe that's not on this board. He's selling his car for 70K I believe, all built and ready to roll. There are some fast ones out there that aren't on the forum.

Thank you, very interesting you would say this, because that's exactly the point that was raised to Drum after he made his pronouncement that he has the fastest stock headed V in the world !

EVIL_C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan

take enough weight out of it, and im sure 9's are possible without nitrous or a bigger blower....but then it defeats the purpose of having a V....lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.