1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Before making any changes keep driving the car , when I first loaded my tcm tune the downshifts felt like ...
    vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Red Auto

Re: 1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

Before making any changes keep driving the car , when I first loaded my tcm tune the downshifts felt like I was gonna blow the rear out of the car but it eventually became less aggressive but yet still firm . Some how the tcm will alter the tune in its own.

EVIL_C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan

I had just reloaded the tune Thursday and probably only drove 50 miles before the track and of that, no redline gear changes.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Larry,

I am very frustrated with the cars weakness up top.
    The car seems to fall off in the back end of the 1/4 mile no matter what I do.

I plan to take a break for a while and then get a retune in the fall.

Removing the rubber from the car should keep me busy for a while.
    Let me know how you like the tune from Speed Inc.

If you would please update my times on the board, that would be great.

The DA WAS 2853

Curtis

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Curtis,

You need a new tuner....

I am definately frustrated with my new motor and would like to be able to data log, so I can find out once and for all what is the problem.

600+ CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    I am definately frustrated with my new motor and would like to be able to data log, so I can find out once and for all what is the problem.
    It sucks that you are having these problems with your new setup. I would be asking wait4me for answers? If you made 870hp on a mustang dyno with the 60ft you got you should be in the 9.60 range? I am no expert but I can tell you that you added 140lbs to your car with the lsx block and the head choice is not one that I would of made for a heavy car like the V. That's just me though? What has wait4me had to say about this?

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

yeah something isn't right. Your running a FLYING 60ft time, jeeze, If I could run that in my z06 i'd be running 9.8's all day...

Maybe a second opinion....

He asked me to return to the shop for dyno and street tuning. I think he should come to the track with me and tune it there. I will ask him to do that for me.

Regarding the weight issue that keeps coming up, if the weight was such an issue, wouldn't I have a hard time getting a good 60? I'm just a novice but, it seems logical to me.

What is it about the heads that you do not like?

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    yeah something isn't right. Your running a FLYING 60ft time, jeeze, If I could run that in my z06 i'd be running 9.8's all day...

Maybe a second opinion....
    Ya the front end of the 1/4 is impressive.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

I am available any time Curtis for you to come over for me to do a street/dyno freshen up. I keep telling you every time we talk on the phone to do that. It is only a 2 hour drive. All i have to do is see a full pass log and i can fix what ever is wrong on the high end. It will be a simple thing. It is hard on the dyno to see that kind of thing and when we tuned your car the roads where not the best to try and see how it acted thru 1-4 gear pull. Again, im sure it is something simple. 9s will be a piece of cake..

As for the heads being the wrong head 600+, im not sure what you are saying that for, They are ported to be just like the LSX DR heads.... DR Means DRAG RACE..... So, i would guess that they are good for drag racing. lol. As for 140lbs extra not sure where you are getting that from either.. He is no more than 32lbs heavier in the front with the new setup.... 32lbs aint nothing. He could loose that with a set of aftermarket front rims. Or just loose 32lbs of driver. Not gunna happen though cause Curtis is pretty darn skinny...

Thanks Jesse, I will call you to schedule the appt.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I am available any time Curtis for you to come over for me to do a street/dyno freshen up. I keep telling you every time we talk on the phone to do that. It is only a 2 hour drive. All i have to do is see a full pass log and i can fix what ever is wrong on the high end. It will be a simple thing. It is hard on the dyno to see that kind of thing and when we tuned your car the roads where not the best to try and see how it acted thru 1-4 gear pull. Again, im sure it is something simple. 9s will be a piece of cake..

As for the heads being the wrong head 600+, im not sure what you are saying that for, They are ported to be just like the LSX DR heads.... DR Means DRAG RACE..... So, i would guess that they are good for drag racing. lol. As for 140lbs extra not sure where you are getting that from either.. He is no more than 32lbs heavier in the front with the new setup.... 32lbs aint nothing. He could loose that with a set of aftermarket front rims. Or just loose 32lbs of driver. Not gunna happen though cause Curtis is pretty darn skinny...
    So you are telling me that an lsx block is 32 lbs heavier than the stock Lsa aluminium block? I see alot of cars you build look good on paper but when they go to the proving grounds they fail? When my car was built it was dyno tuned and then I went to the track and ran 9's. I guess it's not such a piece of cake? It really bothers me when I see shops talk a big game online and not produce. I have been a victim of this and that is why it bothers me so much.
    As far as cbloveday's car you should be doing everything possible for his car to shine. His car has a built 434 CI lsx, ls7 drag race ported heads, ported blower, no2, and all done by wait4me. Yet he can't run better than 10.2's? Let me give you a run down of my car so you have something to compare to. Stock block,stock displacement forged rods and pistons,stock unported blower,stock ported heads with stock valves and rockers. My car went 9's the first time out? I expect his car to run better than mine and so should he and so should you.

Jesse, I agree. My goal was to run in the 9.7X area and it is very frustrating to waste all this time, fuel and rubber only to get 10.26 after 2 outings.
    Hell, I ran a 10.38 on the LSA with a little 35 pill. A good deal of $$$$$$$ later, I'm 10.26 with a lower trap speed and more Nitrous.
    What day can I make the 3 hour drive to Warsaw and get it right?

I respectfully request that I be your first and only appt that day so we can focus soley on my car and get it the best tune you can do.

I will then take it to the track and sing your praises if it runs like it should.

I am counting on you.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Jesse, I agree. My goal was to run in the 9.7X area and it is very frustrating to waste all this time, fuel and rubber only to get 10.26 after 2 outings.
    Hell, I ran a 10.38 on the LSA with a little 35 pill. A good deal of $$$$$$$ later, I'm 10.26 with a lower trap speed and more Nitrous.
    What day can I make the 3 hour drive to Warsaw and get it right?

I respectfully request that I be your first and only appt that day so we can focus soley on my car and get it the best tune you can do.

I will then take it to the track and sing your praises if it runs like it should.

I am counting on you.
    I think you should've run 10.3's with the 700+HP you had with the lsa motor?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.