Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#335 · (Edited)
I thought I would summarize out the gains for some basic mods. I have corrected for DA and the rear wheel horspower is calculated on the base, stock dyno result. I also included the cost to perform each mod.

Updated version (edited with my estimated HP figures with 1.9 60 foot blending)

Reactions: Tedboss1
#336 ·
Interesting and informative but I see the DA got progressively better each time, so the gains per mod are skewed. I see you corrected the MPH and Et but not sure how accurate that calculation is. I would like to see the same DA. Still error in track prep too.

Also, your ET and 60 foot went up while your MPH went down with the addition of DRs only, in better air yet.
It is nice to see that you have tabled the performance with each mod though and certainly gives you some perspective.

#342 ·
In the perfect world, the same track on the same day would have been awesome. I did notice that with bad 60 foots, MPH would increase since you get into the healthy RPMs earlier (spinning) and then once you have grip, you have more track to get your MPH up. The taller drag radials (305-35-19) do hurt MPH a little but not too much. I was able to get 1.85 60 foots on my street tires. The first two times out, it was very hot.

I used a couple of control CTS-V's that were at the same events with no changes. Here are those times:

60 foot times are about 2.2 in all cases.

1. 13.1
2. 13.0
3. 13.0
4. 12.9
5. 13.2 (bad track prep last time out)

Next one:

2011 Coupe, E85 conversion, new injectors, lower pulley, CAI, tune - dyno'd at 593 RWHP in 90 degree ambient

1. no result
2. 12.2 (he had street tires - 2.1 60 foot)
3. 11.6 (high 1.8 60 foot - 123 MPH )
4. 11.5 (low 1.8 60 foot - 123 MPH )
5. 11.4 (1.74 60 foot - 117 MPH - getting a Manifold Air Pressure code at top)

#345 ·
I went with their formula since the RWHP figure I got on the dyno, stock, was almost spot on to the calculator. (+/- 1 HP) It only serves as an estimate to show relative gains. I suppose I could change the results to allow the same 60 foor, say 1.9, to keep things in line. I could use the .1 at 60 foot nets you .2 on the end. If that was the case, the stock run would be .2 faster and the CAI .2 faster. The latter runs a little slower which would show the true net.

#351 ·
Yes, of course, you make your own atmosphere so that air density is less of a variable. But, the DA is also affected by air temperature and humidity which do affect supercharged engines. The supercharged algorithm used does not align with realworld results that I have seen and measured. While the algorithm for NA is not perfect, it was close. I have seen swings of 5 to 6 MPH in the quarter mile based on air temp and humidity.

#353 · (Edited)
In the end, it is an estimate, either way. I saw improvements in time and MPH when the DA improved. Every 1500 feet yielded .2 seconds and 1 MPH.

4600 - 12.8x (low side)
3200 - 12.6x (middle)
2000 - 12.4x (high side)

All on street tires, same setup, similar 60 foot. My simple theory is that the intercooler is susceptible to heat and humidity so that improvements of a supercharger combating air density are lost with decreased heat exchange capacity. The algorithm assumes a more constant growth curve. The NA calculations were more in line with my observed gains and losses.

Ultimately, just wanted to share the relative gains of some minor changes that many of us will consider. Stock, CAI, CAI with a tune or all of that with a pulley change.

Here is one of the runs. This one was 11.6 with the traction control on (hurts MPH).

#359 ·
You sure you did not have that pulley installed, already? ;)

Not all engines are created equal. Some will be better than others. Looks like you got a strong one! :thumbsup:

I am definitely curious how you will do. And, my time was actually not the fastest but the most balanced. I do have an 11.561 on the brakes at 116 MPH when I was bracket racing. In hindsight, it would have been better to get the lower time instead of losing (I broke out against an 11.58 ET). I will get back out again. Hopefully, the track is better prepped so I am not spinning 1-2, 2-3 like last time with some better 60 foot times.

#360 ·
Last Saturday I went to drag racing with new 2.55 pulley and tune from W4Me.
The car run best at 11.454 sec with 124.37 MPH. (using DA corrected ET should be 11.377 at 125.193)
I was hoping for low 11 th ET but the temperature was +10C deg higher than the last time I run 11.591 with out the pulley.
So this is it for this season racing.
May be next year I will make a long trip to see Jes and get my car tuned by him.
If anybody can post my slip:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m603/tedboss1/Maxtune2558Oct11Copy2.jpg

#363 · (Edited)
Mods A,B,C,D,U

DA was 1153 feet. Slips are not printed very well. It was October 16 at 1:03 PM for best run.

Best to date, 11.392@122.32. DA was not as good but the 60 foots are sneaking into the 1.6's.

And, I was the slowest CTS-V at the track by a good margin. Posting that up in a bit. :)

#365 ·
No changes but the track was prepped better. Normally, I would just attend a street event or a test & tune but this time around it was a bracket event. They were always prepping the track and the 60 foots improved. I am also noticing that as the MT tires wear down, the traction is improving, as well.

#367 · (Edited)
Took my V Coupe out to Dallas Raceway a couple of weeks ago to see how it performed in the 1/4 mile. 3 passes produced similar results with the best time at 11.100 so with a few adjustments it should break into the high 10's. Overall, I am very pleased with the performance of my V Coupe. Performance mods include: A-B-C-D-H-I-L-P-U-X
Text Font Line Document Paper

Here's a link to my Youtube Channel and the last run where the V produced the 11.100 1/4 mile time.
My PDQCTSV Youtube Channel

#368 ·
Posting for forum user name dropout

Time of run was 1:56 PM, October 16. DA was 1087 feet at Rockfalls Raceway.

Best run was a 10.59@131.22 MPH. Mods A-B-C-D-L-N.

#369 ·
Here is a fun shot of the 11.39 run in my car. I picked up one of the GoPro cameras and a mount. Kind of a cool little device and worked better than I expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.