Anyone installed the LPE harmonic balancer and 5% or 10% overdrive pulley?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone installed the LPE harmonic balancer and 5% or 10% overdrive pulley? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I know some people here have had the LPE kit installed with the 2.55" drive pulley installed and heard great ...
    Kirk3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Anyone installed the LPE harmonic balancer and 5% or 10% overdrive pulley?

I know some people here have had the LPE kit installed with the 2.55" drive pulley installed and heard great things. I wanted to know if anyone had done both the 2.55" along with the harmonic balancer and one of their 5% or 10% overdrive pulleys. I would love to know what any of you that have this combo think of it.

Thanks

K3

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Anyone installed the LPE harmonic balancer and 5% or 10% overdrive pulley?

Several people have on this forum, But most people use the type we sell because you have more size options for final boost.

You are close enough to our shop to check out cars that have those mods.

We install the upper pulley onto the snout for $200 and the lower for $200 if you need to have it installed.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Yeah, their max crank pulley size is only 8.66" with no plans for anything bigger.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk3 View Post
    I know some people here have had the LPE kit installed with the 2.55" drive pulley installed and heard great things. I wanted to know if anyone had done both the 2.55" along with the harmonic balancer and one of their 5% or 10% overdrive pulleys. I would love to know what any of you that have this combo think of it.

Thanks

K3
    I'm running that setup with the 10% overdrive pulley. Added Kooks headers, LPE intake tube and a tune by Behe Performance. Well worth it...

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I'm running that setup with the 10% overdrive pulley. Added Kooks headers, LPE intake tube and a tune by Behe Performance. Well worth it...
    +1 I have a similar setup being installed today at Behe Performance. My V is an Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumseeker View Post
    +1 I have a similar setup being installed today at Behe Performance. My V is an Auto.
    Awesome! Tell John Big Jim says hi and that the V is kicking ass...

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

What are you guys dynoing with the 10% pulley and tune?

Tom

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Kirk,

I had the LPE SC pulley upgrade with Air box mod and solid isolator. I then went to a lower 8.5 pulley.

You'll be happy.

Kirk3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Glad to hear such positive feedback, I am also curious as to what HP some of you are sitting at with the pulley upgrades, and if you could also list any other mods you have so I can get an idea of where I will be sitting when everything is done.

Thanks,

K3

This was on a Dynapack which runs the dyno directly to the driven hubs. So there is no drivetrain loss due to wheels and tires, and thus, a typically higher number. It's easy to misread this dyno graph because the tq and hp #s don't line up in a linear fashion...

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Awesome! Tell John Big Jim says hi and that the V is kicking ass...
    Yes, he mentioned your beast when we spoke yesterday. I will be picking my V up tomorrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.