Door striker covers melted to exhaust manifold - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Door striker covers melted to exhaust manifold in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Why did you edit out my drinking emoticon??? j/k...
    mugatu22 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.

Re: Door striker covers melted to exhaust manifold

Why did you edit out my drinking emoticon??? j/k

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

That's really strange - why would they put the door striker covers in the engine compartment? What's wrong with putting them in the glove box, center console, or anywhere in the interior?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Cad Tony said they come in the trunk...taped to one of the engine covers that also come in the trunk...

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

Glad you at least told me what those damn things were for. I got them in a bag with the license plate and thought, hey, what they heck are these for? Couldn't figure it out so they've been sitting in my desk for the last 8 months. Put them on today - LOL!

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I will agree with Cadillac Tony. I would suggest taking your vehicle to the dealership and getting this issue resolved. If you run into any problems you can contact me and I will do what I can for you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff, thank you.

Here's my dilemma. I told my sales guy that when the car arrives I do not want them to wash/wax the car. I do not want them to detail/clean the interior. And do not even wash the windows. I asked him basically, just do not touch it. My sales guys insisted that they had to test drive the car and put gas in it. So I agreed to that.

When I picked up the car, all of the plastic was covers were removed. There was still adhesive on the wheels and that was totally okay by me. The floor mats were still in the plastic bags in the trunk and the "V" door sills still had there plastic strips covering them. All of the window stickers were removed and placed in the trunk.

The black plastic engine covers were in place on the engine and that was how I got her.

The mechanic who did the work on my car probally thinks I'm one of those perfectionists and he probally hates me already and he can't even wait till I show up when my car needs service and has to deal with me (one of those people....) I just want to be on his good side at least.

I plan on going back to that same dealership for service and I do not want to be the guy who got the mechanic in trouble because if I allowed the dealership to do what they were supposed to do (and not some custom demand), he would have remembered to install the door striker covers.

No real damage was done to my car.

So is it irrational of me just to bite the bullet, not say anything and quitely order the striker covers??????

I know that by me not bringing this to their attention, that I am part of the problem but my V and my relationship with my mechanic comes first.

Around my way, there are no good mechanics except for this one dude who lets you hold the flashlight while he's working. I have been bent over by dealers and mom & pop shops. I haven't had my V in for service yet and I just don't want to be "that guy".

Or should I just wait a year when no one remembers who did the PDI and then bring it up? It's still under warranty.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    Jeff, thank you.

Here's my dilemma. I told my sales guy that when the car arrives I do not want them to wash/wax the car. I do not want them to detail/clean the interior. And do not even wash the windows. I asked him basically, just do not touch it. My sales guys insisted that they had to test drive the car and put gas in it. So I agreed to that.

When I picked up the car, all of the plastic was covers were removed. There was still adhesive on the wheels and that was totally okay by me. The floor mats were still in the plastic bags in the trunk and the "V" door sills still had there plastic strips covering them. All of the window stickers were removed and placed in the trunk.

The black plastic engine covers were in place on the engine and that was how I got her.

The mechanic who did the work on my car probally thinks I'm one of those perfectionists and he probally hates me already and he can't even wait till I show up when my car needs service and has to deal with me (one of those people....) I just want to be on his good side at least.

I plan on going back to that same dealership for service and I do not want to be the guy who got the mechanic in trouble because if I allowed the dealership to do what they were supposed to do (and not some custom demand), he would have remembered to install the door striker covers.

So is it irrational of me just to bite the bullet, not say anything and quitely order the striker covers??????

I know that by me not bringing this to their attention, that I am part of the problem but my V and my relationship with my mechanic comes first.

Around my way, there are no good mechanics except for this one dude who lets you hold the flashlight while he's working. I have been bent over by dealers and mom & pop shops. I haven't had my V in for service yet and I just don't want to be "that guy".

Or should I just wait a year when no one remembers who did the PDI and then bring it up? It's still under warranty.
    Wow. It doesn't change the fact that the PDI guy goofed. Except, the PDI guy was you. IMO, it's on you. You could go tell the dealer what happened and ask if they will get new covers for you; if they balk, then you should eat it with a smile. If they laugh with you and get you the new covers, then you've made a friend.

Brink some starbucks with you for them. Though, the starbucks will probably cost more than the latch covers.

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

Dealers are not what the use to be. I told mine sales rep not to drive mine and they said they need to take it for a drive to ensure everything is fine. I think that translated into we need to take it and open it up! These guys are just waiting to sell and once sold, really open them up for themselves.

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    Jeff, thank you.

Personally I would just order the new ones and "chalk it up". After all, it sounds like you contributed to the foul-up.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    Personally I would just order the new ones and "chalk it up". After all, it sounds like you contributed to the foul-up.

Yes, I do feel that I contributed to the foul up. How much can the covers possibly cost?????? (watch them be like $80). I'll order them eventually.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

I don't see how the OP contributed to the foul up. Someone took the engine covers out of the trunk and installed them before the car was picked up by the OP.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    You're not allowed to say that here. The CTS-V is perfect, the best bang for the buck, and has higher QC than BMW or Mercedes
    Since this particular issue appears to be dealership related vs its manufacture then one really can't berate the CTS-V itself as it sounds like it was delivered as required. Now the dealership and what they did is the different story. However it doesn't matter who builds a car, Cadillac, BMW, or even a Bentley if the local dealership then does something to spoil that ownership experience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.