Borla catback ????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Borla catback ???? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; dose anyone have borla catback on there V??any pics or sound pls. any vendor that is a borla reseller here. ...
    Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

Borla catback ????

dose anyone have borla catback on there V??any pics or sound pls.

any vendor that is a borla reseller here. im sure borla its a good product why no vendors trying to sell it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

Re: Borla catback ????

i hear ya man it is like they fell of the face of the earth on this!

haha yes it a crazy business, there is 25vendors selling a stupid CIA but non of them want to sell the borla catback

im sure they are sitting in borla warehouse waiting for orders..

i dont know what the stock system weight but here is the borla info it looks prity light..

Part number: 140364

Description: CTS-V '09-'10 6.2L AT/MT RWD 4DR S RD RL AC SR 2.5" TIP 4" RD X 6" (XR-1 TECH)

Weight: 53 lbs

Dimensions: 61x16x13

just by the size of this muffler i can tell you it will sound deeeeep

http://borla.com/media/installations/140364.pdf

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ the problem is that we don't even have any updated videos of how the new system sounds. We have the old videos of their prototype before they adjusted the system by putting in mufflers that will sound deeper and give less drone.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Ive been just selling the B&B catback. It is pretty nice. Ill be doing a group buy on them for $1000 soon. They look and sound awsome. Im supprised any i have sold have not posted up pics or anything.... Too busy playing with the cars i guess to be home on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Ive been just selling the B&B catback. It is pretty nice. Ill be doing a group buy on them for $1000 soon. They look and sound awsome. Im supprised any i have sold have not posted up pics or anything.... Too busy playing with the cars i guess to be home on the internet.
    yea kinda annoying when people sweat for info about an item and when they have it installed they don't ever write up info or a review about it

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I would really need some sound vids before I would pull the trigger. I you can get some good pictures and video I am sure you will have a successfully group by.

I am looking for something not too loud with a nice deep idle, but not truck like(if that makes any sense). I want to hear it and for it to sound a bit intimidating at WOT. The closest to that so hear seams to be the KPE cat back exhaust.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

yep if people have these systems please post up

I thought the B&B sounded the best on the V1. Hope someone will post up something on them.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

How can we get a cat-back that is stainless under $600? Every other vehicle out there has nice stainless steel aftermarket exhausts for that or cheaper!!

For a $1000 plus system, I should be getting long tube headers too!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ ?? I don't know what cat back system you have been looking at - maybe for a civic. $1000 is a great price on a quality cat back system IMO.

Is the borla a 3" exhaust all the way through ? The stock oem is a 2.5" correct ?

09V
    09V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

As for the KPE I think it sounds a little too tame, the Corsa axle back is ridiculously priced. The B&B setup appears to be the best bang for the buck unless you are willing to go with Kooks and their axle back setup.

I put the Kooks on my car with catted headers initially and it sounded just right for those of you looking for low rumble and brutal WOT. Now that I have a cam it seems to be a little loud, but I doubt I will change it. My cam is pretty rowdy though.

Once again, cheap and good sound- Kooks!
    A little more pricey, but more stainless involved, B&B and I haven't even heard it. They make quality stuff, and they may be introducing headers to go with their catback???

Good luck on your exhaust hunts.

i think by the description its a 2.5 pipe and 4inch tip ..*Description: CTS-V '09-'10 6.2L AT/MT RWD 4DR S RD RL AC SR 2.5" TIP 4" RD X 6" (XR-1 TECH)*

also i dont believe in headers i had 3 cars that i added headers and i lost horsepower and torque. yes car made more power on the dyno but it was around 5500-6500 RPM where i dont need it and lost power in low RPM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.