Coupe is one sexy car.. But the wheels have to go.. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Coupe is one sexy car.. But the wheels have to go.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by whisler151 Not sure how this V can be called ghetto or "retarded". His 21s look amazing. Point ...
    mugatu22 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.

Re: Coupe is one sexy car.. But the wheels have to go..

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post

Not sure how this V can be called ghetto or "retarded". His 21s look amazing.
    Point made; this car is neither ghetto or 'retarded.' That is a sharp looking car, I stand corrected on the looks. Well done. That style doesn't look like a 21 at all, it looks more like a 19.

I would still be wary of the performance reduction w/extra weight, but for looks, that's really nice.

Umrswimr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I fail to see why they didn't go 295 in the rear; better height match with the front tires anyways.

Further, there's little reason in my mind why they just don't go with more beef to being with--they put wide-a$$ tires on a Vette, so why not a little more meat on the Caddy?

I refuse to believe the engineers at GM/Caddy couldn't make it work very well with wider tires, rather than the strange decision to go with 285s...

Lambo doors? Definitely ghetto, but those 21s don't look ghetto. Regardless, they are still a little much.

This is why I've been very sensitive to going to a larger rim/wheel. The wheel I think I can come in close, but the tire is going to be heavier, almost no matter what.
    Is there anything preventing us from running 295-305's on the rear? The friggin' C4 could run 315's back there (and looked mean as hell doing it!)

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Umrswimr View Post
    Is there anything preventing us from running 295-305's on the rear? The friggin' C4 could run 315's back there (and looked mean as hell doing it!)
    Nothing preventing you. Many are running 305s...there's even a guy running 325s.

aj660 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Nothing preventing you. Many are running 305s...there's even a guy running 325s.
    295s would be ideal because they make a 295.35.19. Unfortunately, if you go with a 305, then you have to go with a 305.30.19. The 305.30.19 might work if you lower the car because the 30 instead of 35 will leave a bigger gap in the wheel well.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by aj660 View Post
    295s would be ideal because they make a 295.35.19. Unfortunately, if you go with a 305, then you have to go with a 305.30.19. The 305.30.19 might work if you lower the car because the 30 instead of 35 will leave a bigger gap in the wheel well.
    Yeah. With stock springs there is a bit more of a gap with the 305s. With D3 springs it looks great IMO.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I fail to see why they didn't go 295 in the rear; better height match with the front tires anyways...
    Tire selection perhaps? We share the same OEM fitment as the current M5. A quick search only turns up the rather pedestrian BFGs and Falkens in a 295/35-19. No PS2, Neova, SportContact, P Zero, Eagle F1, etc. in that size (that I could find, anyway).

aj660 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros

Quote Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
    The stock 19s look like there off another car. They just don't fit the style of the car at all. I'm not a fan of big wheels, I have 20s on my current daily driver and the look nice but I have bent all 4 driving around NY. But the V coupe really needs 21's in the rear with a more aggressive offset to really take advantage of it's amazing styling cues. I would love to see a 21in Z06 spider style for this car. I wish GM would offer an optional wheel.
    The more I look at pictures of the V-Coupe, I actually agree more and more that the 19s with 285s don't look right. Since the Coupe is wider than the Sedan, the Coupe should clearly have wider wheels and tires than the Sedan to make it look right.

I think 305.35.19 or maybe even 305s on 20" wheels would look right. It looks like I'll need to put more money aside for wheels mods. The V-Coupe will definitely need 305s or maybe even 315s. Too bad they don't make 305.35.19

wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    Point made; this car is neither ghetto or 'retarded.' That is a sharp looking car, I stand corrected on the looks. Well done. That style doesn't look like a 21 at all, it looks more like a 19.

I would still be wary of the performance reduction w/extra weight, but for looks, that's really nice.
    Performance reduction, extra weight huh? These wheels are lighter than our OEM's...

There's no stinkin performance reduction...watchu tawkin about mang?

And yes these are 21" all around.

This car rides spectacular all you Armchair Quarterbacks. Come on now people. Read about this in the "WFO's got new shoes thread"

Now go out there and look at your V and ask yourself why does it look like all the others. Do something to make it unique and stop whining.

wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    i'll also add that if a true forged application is considered, if your main concern is weight (as it seems for mugatu) i'm willing to bet there's even savings to be considered despite the increase in size.
    Finally some sense..thank you Tony Tone. You are correct.

21" and lighter than my OEM's.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    Performance reduction, extra weight huh? These wheels are lighter than our OEM's...

There's no stinkin performance reduction...watchu tawkin about mang?

And yes these are 21" all around.

This car rides spectacular all you Armchair Quarterbacks. Come on now people. Read about this in the "WFO's got new shoes thread"

Now go out there and look at your V and ask yourself why does it look like all the others. Do something to make it unique and stop whining.
    Finally some sense..thank you Tony Tone. You are correct.

21" and lighter than my OEM's.
    But your rotational mass may still be greater further from the hub.

And how does your V ride? First I hear it's awesome then I hear it's amiss. Now it's awesome again? Did you get the D3 fix before everyone else??

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Tire selection perhaps? We share the same OEM fitment as the current M5. A quick search only turns up the rather pedestrian BFGs and Falkens in a 295/35-19. No PS2, Neova, SportContact, P Zero, Eagle F1, etc. in that size (that I could find, anyway).
    Yeah, that's a thought.

However, I can't imagine very many vendors NOT jumping at the chance to produce a tire that GM wants.

That is truly stunning/excellent, for the stock wheels aren't very heavy to begin with (at least, that's my understanding).

Keep in mind, however, that the tires, almost by definition, must be heavier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.