KPE Exhaust Installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Exhaust Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I recently had the KPE cat-back exhaust system installed on my automatic 2009 CTS-V. Once I dropped off my car ...
    readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

KPE Exhaust Installed

I recently had the KPE cat-back exhaust system installed on my automatic 2009 CTS-V. Once I dropped off my car to have the system installed I decided to return home and cut the grass. After an hour or so I returned to the shop hoping they would be done, but to my surprise as I approached the shop I could see my car was still on the lift. The system was on the car, but the driver’s side muffler/tailpipe was misaligned and my heart dropped as the techs began to explain an issue to me. It was explained to me that the driver’s side of the system was not going to fit without being modified. To make a long story short...the manufacture had mislabeled the mid-pipe sections meaning the “Pass” and “Driver” labels were on the wrong pipes. The mislabeling caused a little panic as the sections of the driver’s side would not clear the rear differential and the installation techs thought the system’s measurements were off a bit. After about 40 minutes one tech decided to swap the mid-pipe sections and the system fit like a glove. The tech apologized to me again and again for not doing such earlier, but I told him it was not his fault as the section was clearly marked “Pass”. I notified Bob at KPE of the mislabeling error and he stated he will speak with the manufacture and make sure this mistake is not made in the future.

As stated before by other forum members the “D” style tips look incredible on the car and Cadillac may want to consider this style for future builds. The sound of the KPE system at idle is just slightly louder than the stock system, but the tone is deeper. Overall the system is louder than stock and sounds very aggressive. From gears 3 thru 5 the sound is aggressively loud, but not excessive and in my opinion is about how the car should sound. The performance shop where I had the system installed has been in business for 20+ years and three different installation techs stated to me over and over how well the system is constructed. This makes me very happy with my choice. I previously installed the KPE cold air intake and soon I will get the car tuned. Here are some pictures and sound clips, I’ll try to get some better sound clips in the coming days.

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

Re: KPE Exhaust Installed

My hero! The car sounds great. Do you mind telling us how much was the upcharge for those stunning "D" style tips over the standard KPE exhaust?

wfo
    wfo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tuner car fanatic..there all good!

Sounds fantastic!

I'm a 4" round tip kinda guy. But that's not to say the D shape won't grow on me with time.

Nice job overall.

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

I love the video R! Sorry again about the confusion with the labels. In the future, I think that we will just have them not labeled at all to avoid this from ever happening again. Have a great weekend!

Best regards,

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
    My hero! The car sounds great. Do you mind telling us how much was the upcharge for those stunning "D" style tips over the standard KPE exhaust?
    I'll have to defer to Bob as he said there is a surcharge for the "D" style tips as they are hand made, but I really don't recall the price as I really wanted them. Funny thing is before I was thinking of blacking out the chrome strip on the trunk which is located just about the license plate, but now the strip compliments the exhaust tips. This may be a tad much for some of you anti-chrome guys.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by readyact View Post
    I'll have to defer to Bob as he said there is a surcharge for the "D" style tips as they are hand made, but I really don't recall the price as I really wanted them. Funny thing is before I was thinking of blacking out the chrome strip on the trunk which is located just about the license plate, but now the strip compliments the exhaust tips. This may be a tad much for some of you anti-chrome guys.
    Hello SleepTight,

The "D" style tips are $100.

Best regards,

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

translux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10' V Blk/Blk Manual Trans

Wow that sounds great very exotic, reminds me of my E39 M5 with different mufflers.

Mike 09 V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 SRX; 09 V

Some brute hits the round tips with a hammer, and there you have it. Shouldn't cost too much more. I have a big hammer. Send them to me. $50 plus shipping. Work not guaranteed, however I send a bottle of cheap tequila along with that you are required to drink before opening box with the tips in it. tee hee.
    Mike

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Sounds fantastic. Now I've found an aftermarket kit I'm willing to put on my V. So, you can get oval tips, correct? "D" style tips are $100 more? I prefer oval so hopefully I'm reading this correctly.

Edit, asnwered my own: http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC

Why not an X crossover pipe? I guess it may sound better this way but that usually not the case and leaves a couple ponies on the table.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    Sounds fantastic. Now I've found an aftermarket kit I'm willing to put on my V. So, you can get oval tips, correct? "D" style tips are $100 more? I prefer oval so hopefully I'm reading this correctly.

Edit, asnwered my own: http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC

Why not an X crossover pipe? I guess it may sound better this way but that usually not the case and leaves a couple ponies on the table.

Good Morning DrumStix!

The 4" rolled tips pictured below are standard. The D tips are a $100 option.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

i want this catback but i dont want these tips.. is there other tip option than D style??

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2 View Post
    i want this catback but i dont want these tips.. is there other tip option than D style??
    Good Morning Q8 6.2!

Please check out the pictures of the tips pictured above your post those are standard.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post
    Good Morning Q8 6.2!

Please check out the pictures of the tips pictured above your post those are standard.
    yes these are nice but i was hoping 4 some normal round 4 1/2 single wall slash cut.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Now I need to hear this with headers...

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2 View Post
    yes these are nice but i was hoping 4 some normal round 4 1/2 single wall slash cut.
    Good Afternoon Q8 6.2!

We can make your request happen.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.