KPE Exhaust Installed - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Exhaust Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by cad fan I purchased this system with D tips from Lund Cadillac in Phoenix , the same ...
    KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Re: KPE Exhaust Installed

Quote Originally Posted by cad fan View Post
    I purchased this system with D tips from Lund Cadillac in Phoenix , the same system KPE sells. The system didn't fit properly, no matter how much bending we did to the factory mounts or this exhaust, the tips were never level or centered. We also had clearance issues with the rear differential. The system is a little louder than stock but I noticed a loss in power compared to stock exhaust. The system has a H- pipe cross over rather than the normal X -pipe like stock and most after market systems. After complaining the system was to quite we sent this system back and was sent a new one that rattled the door panels off my car and gave you a serious headache in minutes. I couldn't live with this and took the exhaust off the car, the center mounting bracket was falling off the car after 2 days of being on, do to vibration. The guy that installed these systems has been doing custom exhaust systems for years for hot rods and race cars. He was astonished with the poor quality of these systems. I sent this system back also and did some research on these exhaust systems. I was told these systems were made by B&B exhaust but after calling B&B ,I found this not to be true. They are made by an ex-employee of theirs. I then purchased one of B&B's first systems for the new CTS-V, and I must say this is the nicest exhaust system I have seen for our cars. The install was easy and no bending of factory mounts to jimmy-rig the fitment. The B&B exhaust has a low rumble outside the car like big block mufflers but no drown or vibration inside the car while moving. B&B designed the mufflers like the Corsa mufflers to stop inside cabin resonating but to have a V-8 rumble not a high pitched exhaust note like the Corsa mufflers do. The system has a true x- pipe and go's from 2.5 to 3 inch at the rear of the car and ends with 4 inch round dual walled tips. The system is very aggressive looking and sounds awesome. The system I got was fully polished and cost much less than the others. I believe they are selling them for around $1300.00 and an extra $100.00 for polishing. Contact B&B or go to their website for more info. Wanted to let you know of my experience so others don't have the same bad experience.
    This system was not sold by KPE or equivalent to the specs on the KPE system being offered today. This system was ordered through LUND through our supplier per customer specifications and KPE was not involved whatsoever with this transaction. This is an issue with LUND and the purchaser and has no relevance regarding this post.

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

cad fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade platinum, 2009 cts-v

Readyact, the system I got from Lund Cadillac looks like the one on KPE website. The mufflers on your car sound like the first system I got but yours looks like it has an x-pipe now instead. The rest of your system looks the same. KPE and Lund Cadillac supplier doesn't have the muffler technology of the B&B system. KPE and Lund Cadillac are related in some way, Lund Cadillac has their race car on KPE website photo page. Not trying to start trouble just want others to not make the mistakes I did. B&B stands for Billy Boat performance exhaust. Website www.bbexhaust.com . Will try to load some sound clips in the near future.
    Attached Images

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

The exhaust looks great! Thanks for the pic and will look forward to the sound clips.

KPE

Readyact, the system I got from Lund Cadillac looks like the one on KPE website. The mufflers on your car sound like the first system I got but yours looks like it has an x-pipe now instead. The rest of your system looks the same. KPE and Lund Cadillac supplier doesn't have the muffler technology of the B&B system. KPE and Lund Cadillac are related in some way, Lund Cadillac has their race car on KPE website photo page. Not trying to start trouble just want others to not make the mistakes I did. B&B stands for Billy Boat performance exhaust. Website www.bbexhaust.com . Will try to load some sound clips in the near future.

Sorry, we are not related to Lund cad fan. We did do some research into your purchase with Lund this morning and spoke to Ryan who built your exhaust system. This is what he has to say about it after reading your post:

"And know the tru story! Lund contacted jakeyproducts to build a 09 cts-v exhaust for one of their customers that saw a youtube video. The customer wanted the same sound and looks of the system he saw on the internet. My reply was with out their customer buying long tube headers / full exhaust and " NO " cats their is no way his car will ever sound the same! I was told to build it as close as I can and they will explain to their customer my concerns . Meanwhile their customer was told that the same guy that builds their exhaust products worked at B&B then started his own shop. After recieving and installing his first of two exhaust systems he was unhappy with the sound " it did not sound like the youtube video" he had his shop modify then polish the exhaust. He was still unhappy so he contacted B&B to find out what was going on. At this time B&B was still in development with the 09 cts-v exhaust. I can assume that lunds customer was verry confused so he contacted lund for the second exhaust system. I was told he thought it was to quiet and he wanted a louder exhaust on his cts-v. I built a second exhaust ex-loud and sent it to lund for shipment. Then 3 weeks later while at lund 2 exhausts were returned. As I opened the boxes I found they were polished and the ex-loud system had resonaters installed from their customer. As I said before the exhaust would not sound the same and I was never told to do a full polish on eather exhaust system and I did a test fit of each exhaust on a car before it was boxed up !!! Their is always 2 sides to every story".

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Your system looks great can't wait to hear the sound clips.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post
    Sorry, we are not related to Lund cad fan. We did do some research into your purchase with Lund this morning and spoke to Ryan who built your exhaust system. This is what he has to say about it after reading your post:

"And know the tru story! Lund contacted jakeyproducts to build a 09 cts-v exhaust for one of their customers that saw a youtube video. The customer wanted the same sound and looks of the system he saw on the internet. My reply was with out their customer buying long tube headers / full exhaust and " NO " cats their is no way his car will ever sound the same! I was told to build it as close as I can and they will explain to their customer my concerns . Meanwhile their customer was told that the same guy that builds their exhaust products worked at B&B then started his own shop. After recieving and installing his first of two exhaust systems he was unhappy with the sound " it did not sound like the youtube video" he had his shop modify then polish the exhaust. He was still unhappy so he contacted B&B to find out what was going on. At this time B&B was still in development with the 09 cts-v exhaust. I can assume that lunds customer was verry confused so he contacted lund for the second exhaust system. I was told he thought it was to quiet and he wanted a louder exhaust on his cts-v. I built a second exhaust ex-loud and sent it to lund for shipment. Then 3 weeks later while at lund 2 exhausts were returned. As I opened the boxes I found they were polished and the ex-loud system had resonaters installed from their customer. As I said before the exhaust would not sound the same and I was never told to do a full polish on eather exhaust system and I did a test fit of each exhaust on a car before it was boxed up !!! Their is always 2 sides to every story".
    Bob thanks for the research and clarification.

cad fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade platinum, 2009 cts-v

KPE, you were not involved in my transaction with Lund Cadillac. I was told the exhaust I purchased for $2000.00 would have a deeper sound like their race car but not rattle the inside of the car to falling apart. I told them I didn't want resonating in the car but wanted a big block type sound outside the car. They new my car didn't have headers and I wasn't expecting the car to be as loud as their race car. Ryan at Lund Cadillac told me he could have this exhaust system built by an employee of B&B that builds them on the side, wasn't true. I expected the exhaust system I was getting was tested on other cars and would be what I was wanting, no r&d. The first exhaust was as quite as stock and the car lost power, the first exhaust I ordered came polished like I paid for. I felt paying $2000.00 for an exhaust that sounded like stock was crazy. The d -tips on the exhaust were made of single wall pipe and looked just like your round tips on your website, not what Readyact got or I ordered. The second exhaust didn't come polished and I paid to have it done myself because I wasn't going to wait anymore. The d-tips on the second exhaust were the right ones. The problems I had , exhaust tubes were not cut to same length side to side. There was an expansion joint on only one side of the exhaust tube after the cat that hit the car, not needed. The center mounts that hold the exhaust to the car fell off. The exhaust hit the rear differential. The exhaust rattled on the bottom of car. The flanges would not seat to factory exhaust so I always had a small leak. After the first exhaust I asked them to just change out the mufflers which they said they couldn't and would send a whole new exhaust, I found out why! The second system the pipe lengths were different than the first exhaust? The reason I was given is because he custom makes each one? If this was a B&B system should it not be made on a gig. The exhaust was so loud it threw codes because of the vibration. I told Lund Cadillac the exhaust was way to loud in the car and they recommended putting on resonators which didn't work at my cost! I finally sent the systems back after 2 months of this and spending $900.00 on custom resonators and labor. KPE , I like most people out there paying good money expect a quality product, not thrown together junk like I got. I am not attacking you or your company for I have never had any dealings with you. KPE just happens to sell a product made by this ex-employee of B&B. I am not saying what you sell is exactly what I got but is very close and made by the same guy. I have seen his quality of exhaust building and it leaves a lot to be desired. My dealings with Lund Cadillac is between them and I, they didn't supply what they promised and that is their loss. B&B was able to supply an exhaust that sounds like a V-8 should with no resonating in the car, maybe your supplier should do his homework.

KPE

KPE, you were not involved in my transaction with Lund Cadillac. I was told the exhaust I purchased for $2000.00 would have a deeper sound like their race car but not rattle the inside of the car to falling apart. I told them I didn't want resonating in the car but wanted a big block type sound outside the car. They new my car didn't have headers and I wasn't expecting the car to be as loud as their race car. Ryan at Lund Cadillac told me he could have this exhaust system built by an employee of B&B that builds them on the side, wasn't true. I expected the exhaust system I was getting was tested on other cars and would be what I was wanting, no r&d. The first exhaust was as quite as stock and the car lost power, the first exhaust I ordered came polished like I paid for. I felt paying $2000.00 for an exhaust that sounded like stock was crazy. The d -tips on the exhaust were made of single wall pipe and looked just like your round tips on your website, not what Readyact got or I ordered. The second exhaust didn't come polished and I paid to have it done myself because I wasn't going to wait anymore. The d-tips on the second exhaust were the right ones. The problems I had , exhaust tubes were not cut to same length side to side. There was an expansion joint on only one side of the exhaust tube after the cat that hit the car, not needed. The center mounts that hold the exhaust to the car fell off. The exhaust hit the rear differential. The exhaust rattled on the bottom of car. The flanges would not seat to factory exhaust so I always had a small leak. After the first exhaust I asked them to just change out the mufflers which they said they couldn't and would send a whole new exhaust, I found out why! The second system the pipe lengths were different than the first exhaust? The reason I was given is because he custom makes each one? If this was a B&B system should it not be made on a gig. The exhaust was so loud it threw codes because of the vibration. I told Lund Cadillac the exhaust was way to loud in the car and they recommended putting on resonators which didn't work at my cost! I finally sent the systems back after 2 months of this and spending $900.00 on custom resonators and labor. KPE , I like most people out there paying good money expect a quality product, not thrown together junk like I got. I am not attacking you or your company for I have never had any dealings with you. KPE just happens to sell a product made by this ex-employee of B&B. I am not saying what you sell is exactly what I got but is very close and made by the same guy. I have seen his quality of exhaust building and it leaves a lot to be desired. My dealings with Lund Cadillac is between them and I, they didn't supply what they promised and that is their loss. B&B was able to supply an exhaust that sounds like a V-8 should with no resonating in the car, maybe your supplier should do his homework.
    I understand. I would be upset too if I spent $3K on a custom exhaust system that did not turn out the way that I had wanted it to. Again, it is not the same exhaust sytem that we offer and we did not sell it to you in the first place. You can promote B&B all you want. I had a B&B system on my Acura NSX years ago that fell apart and had to send it back to be repaired.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I do remember B&B exhausts having an issue with their welds on the jeep srt8. But that was a couple years back.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Since this is a KPE related, I won't go crazy for B&B. But I had a full B&B exhaust on my '04 and it is awesome. Looks amazing, sounds better. They did have slight resonance issues and cat issues on their headers but they always took very good care of the consumer and made things right. And overall quality is unsurpassed of anything I've seen on a V...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.