KPE Exhaust Installed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Exhaust Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The exhaust sounds great! Just what I have been waiting for. Adds more presence, without getting too crazy loud. It ...
    RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: KPE Exhaust Installed

The exhaust sounds great! Just what I have been waiting for. Adds more presence, without getting too crazy loud.

It seems like the exhaust tips are not centered in the rear valance cutouts. That would bug me a bit. In the pics that KPE provided showing the standard tips, there are centered.

I wonder if they just need to be adjusted?

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RemoWilliams View Post
    The exhaust sounds great! Just what I have been waiting for. Adds more presence, without getting too crazy loud.

It seems like the exhaust tips are not centered in the rear valance cutouts. That would bug me a bit. In the pics that KPE provided showing the standard tips, there are centered.

I wonder if they just need to be adjusted?
    With the angle of the valance and the “D” tips the difference in lighting can makes the tips appear different at times. We spent time aligning the mufflers/tips getting them as centered as possible. Soon I will go out and re-measure to make sure they are exactly centered.

mole177 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

sounds awesome.

I prefer the D style vs oval style, looking at the earlier posts.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Don't think I'm a huge fan of either tip, but I've got a great exhaust shop that can easily install any tip I want. So the exhaust itself is certainly still a possibility...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Don't think I'm a huge fan of either tip, but I've got a great exhaust shop that can easily install any tip I want. So the exhaust itself is certainly still a possibility...
    Yes, should only run $50 install to get whatever tips you want. Exhaust sounds great. I wonder how much lighter it is.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Is the pinch in the OEM exhaust eliminated with this system?

Rob

macmtr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 09

In one of the videos on their site they show a 4.5" round. That must be the other tip. I love the D Style personally. Something fresh not done before is a greets idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    Is the pinch in the OEM exhaust eliminated with this system?

Rob
    Yes the pinch is gone 100% with the new system. I have the OEM system hanging on the wall in my garage and you can see where both sides of the system has pinches. The KPE system is pinch free.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The system sounds real tame. Is it louder in person?

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV4now View Post
    The system sounds real tame. Is it louder in person?
    Yes it's louder in person, but not too loud. To me it's a good match for the car whereas it's deep at idle and cruise and loud at WOT, but not excessive. I'll shoot more videos in a couple of days and try to do a drive-by (for sound not the gang type).

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Is the KPE exhaust 2 1/2 inches or 3 inch? I believe wait4me's system is 3 inch?- what is the best all around gain. Is it possible to just replace the tubing (catback to stock mufflers with kpe's system?), trying to retain factory mufflers if possible. thanks, Troy

cad fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade platinum, 2009 cts-v

I purchased this system with D tips from Lund Cadillac in Phoenix , the same system KPE sells. The system didn't fit properly, no matter how much bending we did to the factory mounts or this exhaust, the tips were never level or centered. We also had clearance issues with the rear differential. The system is a little louder than stock but I noticed a loss in power compared to stock exhaust. The system has a H- pipe cross over rather than the normal X -pipe like stock and most after market systems. After complaining the system was to quite we sent this system back and was sent a new one that rattled the door panels off my car and gave you a serious headache in minutes. I couldn't live with this and took the exhaust off the car, the center mounting bracket was falling off the car after 2 days of being on, do to vibration. The guy that installed these systems has been doing custom exhaust systems for years for hot rods and race cars. He was astonished with the poor quality of these systems. I sent this system back also and did some research on these exhaust systems. I was told these systems were made by B&B exhaust but after calling B&B ,I found this not to be true. They are made by an ex-employee of theirs. I then purchased one of B&B's first systems for the new CTS-V, and I must say this is the nicest exhaust system I have seen for our cars. The install was easy and no bending of factory mounts to jimmy-rig the fitment. The B&B exhaust has a low rumble outside the car like big block mufflers but no drown or vibration inside the car while moving. B&B designed the mufflers like the Corsa mufflers to stop inside cabin resonating but to have a V-8 rumble not a high pitched exhaust note like the Corsa mufflers do. The system has a true x- pipe and go's from 2.5 to 3 inch at the rear of the car and ends with 4 inch round dual walled tips. The system is very aggressive looking and sounds awesome. The system I got was fully polished and cost much less than the others. I believe they are selling them for around $1300.00 and an extra $100.00 for polishing. Contact B&B or go to their website for more info. Wanted to let you know of my experience so others don't have the same bad experience.

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

cad fan - Please post up some pictures and video of your B&B exhaust please! The forum community would be VERY thankful.

I would really like to hear the B&B at idle, with a engine rev, and then a drive by at full throttle.

In any event thank your for sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cad fan View Post
    I purchased this system with D tips from Lund Cadillac in Phoenix , the same system KPE sells. The system didn't fit properly, no matter how much bending we did to the factory mounts or this exhaust, the tips were never level or centered. We also had clearance issues with the rear differential. The system is a little louder than stock but I noticed a loss in power compared to stock exhaust. The system has a H- pipe cross over rather than the normal X -pipe like stock and most after market systems. After complaining the system was to quite we sent this system back and was sent a new one that rattled the door panels off my car and gave you a serious headache in minutes. I couldn't live with this and took the exhaust off the car, the center mounting bracket was falling off the car after 2 days of being on, do to vibration. The guy that installed these systems has been doing custom exhaust systems for years for hot rods and race cars. He was astonished with the poor quality of these systems. I sent this system back also and did some research on these exhaust systems. I was told these systems were made by B&B exhaust but after calling B&B ,I found this not to be true. They are made by an ex-employee of theirs. I then purchased one of B&B's first systems for the new CTS-V, and I must say this is the nicest exhaust system I have seen for our cars. The install was easy and no bending of factory mounts to jimmy-rig the fitment. The B&B exhaust has a low rumble outside the car like big block mufflers but no drown or vibration inside the car while moving. B&B designed the mufflers like the Corsa mufflers to stop inside cabin resonating but to have a V-8 rumble not a high pitched exhaust note like the Corsa mufflers do. The system has a true x- pipe and go's from 2.5 to 3 inch at the rear of the car and ends with 4 inch round dual walled tips. The system is very aggressive looking and sounds awesome. The system I got was fully polished and cost much less than the others. I believe they are selling them for around $1300.00 and an extra $100.00 for polishing. Contact B&B or go to their website for more info. Wanted to let you know of my experience so others don't have the same bad experience.
    Seems like your system was slightly different than the one I have installed. From your description yours was more like the one pictured on the KPE website as opposed to the system I received.
    Attached Images

Mikevette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Cad fan Nice post I'm interested in getting an exhaust system for my V. Is B&B exhaust the official name of the web site I need to go to see their products? Looking forward to seeing the under carriage pic' sand video's sound clips.
    Mike P.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.