Great Service from North bay cadillac in NY
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Great Service from North bay cadillac in NY in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; North Bay Cadillac exceeded my expectations in every way. No more sun roof noise or wheel click. This is the ...
    zero26039 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Great Service from North bay cadillac in NY

North Bay Cadillac exceeded my expectations in every way. No more sun roof noise or wheel click. This is the second dealer to attempt the wheel click. First dealer, noise never went away, North Bay so far so good.

Out of all the dealers I have visited in NY North Bay is my number one pick. They are located in Roslyn NY.

Everyone should bring their V to them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Great Service from North bay cadillac in NY

I will vouch and say North Bay is a great dealer all around thats where I got my car from.

My V is there now for 3 days and I am a bit upset when I got the call today that they cant verify my loose Recarro seats. I demanded they look harder because its so obvious if you drove the car. lets wait and see but I am picking up Friday. if the seat isnt fixed I need to bring it to another shop. I honestly think the technician doesn't want to fix the seat because its a very time consuming job and warranty will only pay a certain number of hours. I know this because 7 of my best friends are technicians at dealers and I kinda know they system. If it takes you longer than you get paid you loose time and money on the books.

What was the cause of your wheel clicking?

I saw your car in the back lot. The black V. The tech said he sanded down the back of the rim, cleaned the hub and applied anti sieze to prevent it from making noise. worked like a charm. Maurice was my service writer call him and ask to have it checked.

what exactly is wrong with your seats?

What part of the Island are you from?

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Hey, thanks for that info.

I have to say that the WORST dealer in NY I have experienced was
    Sarant Cadillac in Farmingdale, Long Island.
    They sold me a lemon. STS-V.
    Also the service department damaged my car and it had to be repainted. They are the worst in my opinion.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by chopmeat View Post

Also the service department damaged my car and it had to be repainted. They are the worst in my opinion.
    My car was swapped from Sarant and guess what there was a tire plug in my left rear tire. North Bay of course didnt know but the day after delivery I was getting it washed and the guy who was doing the tire dressing showed me. North Bay has replaced the tire out of goodwill and that was much appreciated.

My seats move left to right on the bottom cushion its so annoying and the only car that ever did this was my 2003 Jaguar S Type R. Its a time consuming job and the leather has to come off the seat. Not all technicians have skill and patience to do the job and thats why I feel they are trying to brush this off.

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

Hmmm. I've got a deposit down at Sarant after North Bay (which is less than five miles away from my house) told me a few months ago that they would not be getting any Vs until the 2011s came in. Of course, by the time I made up my mind on a V and put a deposit down, Sarant didn't have any Vs in stock and could not obtain the one they supposedly had promissed for me as a swap.

Should I get my deposit back and go back to North Bay? I could always still have the car serviced there even if I don't buy there.

I have to say that Sarant gave me the best price on a V of anyone when they still had one in inventory.

aj660 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros

So, you are saying that it was Sarrant's fault that your STS-V was a lemon? Any dealer could have sold you that car.... And how many other dealers have you used to make such a claim that Sarrant is "the worst in NY?" I personally don't think I'd blame the dealer; I'd blame Cadillac.

My parents and I have used Sarrant Cadillac in the past and we were very happy with them.

m

Do any of these dealers frown on aftermarket mods? I need to take my car to a dealer that won't care because I will mod once I get my car. Some dealers are anti-mods and will even flag your car in their computers. Maybe changing exhaust is not a problem, but headers, changing belts, etc for more boost might be.

I had a big problem with the service manager at Porsche of Huntington several years ago. He was giving me a hard time about the mods to my 911 turbo and he literally didn't want to service my car. This could have turned into a big problem; he was a total dick..

Quote Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
    Hmmm. I've got a deposit down at Sarant after North Bay (which is less than five miles away from my house) told me a few months ago that they would not be getting any Vs until the 2011s came in. Of course, by the time I made up my mind on a V and put a deposit down, Sarant didn't have any Vs in stock and could not obtain the one they supposedly had promissed for me as a swap.

Should I get my deposit back and go back to North Bay? I could always still have the car serviced there even if I don't buy there.

I have to say that Sarant gave me the best price on a V of anyone when they still had one in inventory.
    Give John Campanelli call at North Bay or email him johnc@northbaycadillac.com. I test drove the v at sarant but they were very pushy to close the deal that day. they also wanted me to come back later in the day to have a manager inspect my trade in. I Left and didnt go back. North Bay was by far the best all around but when I was ready for the car, it wasnt there.

aj660
    In 2007 I bought a used '06 STS V from Sarant Cadillac with only 8,000 miles on it. It had so many serious problems that were not disclosed. The service department at Sarant also damaged my STS V while in service many times for the many problems it had. They damaged it so badly that it had to have body work done and be repainted, so I traded the car in for a new CTS V at a NJ dealer.
    This is my opinion only , thank you.
    I'm not hear to bash, my intention is to help others with my personal experience.
    Thanks.

aj660
    In 2007 I bought a used '06 STS V from Sarant Cadillac with only 8,000 miles on it. It had so many serious problems that were not disclosed. The service department at Sarant also damaged my STS V while in service many times for the many problems it had. They damaged it so badly that it had to have body work done and be repainted, so I traded the car in for a new CTS V at a NJ dealer.
    This is my opinion only , thank you.
    I'm not hear to bash, my intention is to help others with my personal experience.
    Thanks.
    Okay fair enough... I hope the 2006 STS-V you purchased from Sarrant was still covered under warranty. The car was only 1 year old with 8000 miles, so it was probably covered.

After having the car (STS V) for only a few months and paying a very high price for it, it was in service for major transmission repairs, engine repairs and electrical repairs 7 times. I drove a loaner car for most of the months I owned that piece of crap. Then, I found out it was an accident car and that it was full of body work and paint work. it was a nightmare.
    Then while the service department had the car they damaged it twice so badly it need body work and repainting AGAIN.

I just waiting until it was fixed and just went to NJ and bought a brand new CTS V and traded the car in.

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

Quote Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post

I purchased mine from Sarant in November. I ordered my car exactly the way I wanted it from them. The reasons I chose Sarant were 1) they are very conveniently located directly on my way to work, so if I ever needed warranty work done, it would be minimal hassle for me, and 2) they honored the GMS pricing I had at the time.

The sales person I dealt with was Mark Rosen, and he was a pleasure to work with - professional, knowledgeable, honest, courteous, and always followed up and got back to you promptly. Someone you would expect at a luxury car dealership such as Cadillac. However, some of his co-workers were nearly polar opposites, such as the "finance manager" and the regular "manager" (forgot their names). They belonged at a Kia dealership, and were not worthy of a Cadillac dealership at all. They lied repeatedly, were unprofessional, sometimes rude, and just plain dumb. I wasn't overly suprised, as I've had similar experiences with other car dealerships including Infiniti, Ford, and Chevy. But I told Cadillac in the survey that they need to get rid of people like that in their dealerships if they're going to compete with Lexus and MB.

I've only had my car in for warranty repair once, to repair a faulty gas gauge sending unit, at Sarant. Overall, I'd give the service an OK, but not great. Things I weren't happy about were: 1) no Cadillac loaner car available - gave me a Saturn Vue from Enterprise, 2) my car sat a full day before it was even looked at, 3) they didn't call me with status updates - I always had to call them to find out what was going on and when I would get my car back, 4) they gave me some hassle giving me a full reimbursement for the tow (they wouldn't reimburse the sales tax on the towing - WTF??), and 5) no car wash, and the car came back dirtier than when I dropped it off, with a few greasy hand smudges on the rear quarter panels (not a big deal, but still, not a luxury car treatment either). On the positive side, and it's a big positive in my book: they fixed the problem correctly the first time. No other problems since, and I'm @ 4,500 miles.

Bottom line, I wouldn't change your order at Sarant. While they may not be the best dealer, they're good enough, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06ified View Post
    I purchased mine from Sarant in November. I ordered my car exactly the way I wanted it from them. The reasons I chose Sarant were 1) they are very conveniently located directly on my way to work, so if I ever needed warranty work done, it would be minimal hassle for me, and 2) they honored the GMS pricing I had at the time.

The sales person I dealt with was Mark Rosen, and he was a pleasure to work with - professional, knowledgeable, honest, courteous, and always followed up and got back to you promptly. Someone you would expect at a luxury car dealership such as Cadillac. However, some of his co-workers were nearly polar opposites, such as the "finance manager" and the regular "manager" (forgot their names). They belonged at a Kia dealership, and were not worthy of a Cadillac dealership at all. They lied repeatedly, were unprofessional, sometimes rude, and just plain dumb. I wasn't overly suprised, as I've had similar experiences with other car dealerships including Infiniti, Ford, and Chevy. But I told Cadillac in the survey that they need to get rid of people like that in their dealerships if they're going to compete with Lexus and MB.

I've only had my car in for warranty repair once, to repair a faulty gas gauge sending unit, at Sarant. Overall, I'd give the service an OK, but not great. Things I weren't happy about were: 1) no Cadillac loaner car available - gave me a Saturn Vue from Enterprise, 2) my car sat a full day before it was even looked at, 3) they didn't call me with status updates - I always had to call them to find out what was going on and when I would get my car back, 4) they gave me some hassle giving me a full reimbursement for the tow (they wouldn't reimburse the sales tax on the towing - WTF??), and 5) no car wash, and the car came back dirtier than when I dropped it off, with a few greasy hand smudges on the rear quarter panels (not a big deal, but still, not a luxury car treatment either). On the positive side, and it's a big positive in my book: they fixed the problem correctly the first time. No other problems since, and I'm @ 4,500 miles.

Bottom line, I wouldn't change your order at Sarant. While they may not be the best dealer, they're good enough, IMO.
    z06
    1. Northbay lends out cars through Avis and its also non gm products. I was lucky enough to get the only supercharged 2.5 nissan altima (jk)
    2. I would be pissed if I wasted a day in service without it being looked at. Parts should be on order so it can be done the next day.
    3. I loved the service at Northbay I got a call saying it was raining hard and not to worry my car is inside for the night.
    4. roadside assistance should of covered the full tow. Did you arrange for the tow through Onstar?
    5. No car wash? wheres the complaint? I would never let the dealer wash the car.
    If they fixed the problem in one trip then thats most important. Everything else is just an annoyance.

I know exactly what your talking about with the general manager. He was driving a Ferrari the day I was there, but he really belongs in a power wheels show room not cadillac.
    The salesman there were great, they let me take the v on 135 and really get it on it. After that I was sold.

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

Quote Originally Posted by zero26039 View Post
    4. roadside assistance should of covered the full tow. Did you arrange for the tow through Onstar?
    Yes, I did. Onstar was great, but thanks to ridiculous NY State rules/law/fraud/corruption, whatever you want to call it (I prefer the latter), since my car died on a state parkway, only Ogden Brothers Towing can tow a car off a state parkway. Of course Ogden isn't on contract with Onstar, so I had to pay Ogden directly and get reimbursed by GM. Actually I was reimbursed by Sarant, who in turn was reimbursed by GM. Supposedly, GM's "policy" is to not reimburse for the sales tax. Sarant ate it after I complained that the policy is ridiculous.

It's crap like this that drives me to really dislike NY. If it wasn't for my job, I wouldn't live in NY. I would just love to do a little investigation as to how Ogden Towing got an exclusive monopoly contract on towing for NY State Parkways.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.