Pissed at GM now... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pissed at GM now... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; HUD may not be needed to drive the V hard, but neither is tilting mirrors and such... they are features ...
    SlvrBullIT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Pissed at GM now...

HUD may not be needed to drive the V hard, but neither is tilting mirrors and such... they are features "some" of us would like to have but instead they are adding it to a camaro.... a STINKIN CAMARO!!!! If they are adding it to the Camaro I would have thought the V would and should get it too since the zr1 and V are halo products FFS. All those who say "don't care" are thinking individually, I'm think 1 level up from that, like the nature of what the V is in comparison to the GM product line and the hierarchy of features as it trickles down. People may care less about laser or ultrasonic cruise control, but if they added to a cobalt LS wouldn't you say...WTF??????

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrBullIT View Post
    HUD may not be needed to drive the V hard, but neither is tilting mirrors and such... they are features "some" of us would like to have but instead they are adding it to a camaro.... a STINKIN CAMARO!!!! If they are adding it to the Camaro I would have thought the V would and should get it too since the zr1 and V are halo products FFS. All those who say "don't care" are thinking individually, I'm think 1 level up from that, like the nature of what the V is in comparison to the GM product line and the hierarchy of features as it trickles down. People may care less about laser or ultrasonic cruise control, but if they added to a cobalt LS wouldn't you say...WTF??????
    I understand where you are coming from (really I do) but I never said tiltiing mirrors were required to "drive the V hard". All I said was that backing mirrors and true memory seats are features that EVERY luxury car has and many non luxury cars have it also. HUD is not a feature that is really a luxury item and not considered a must have for a performance car. I personally find the HUD distracting in our XLR. I do understand that HUD is a feature you really enjoy and you are pissed that a lesser vehicle has it. Meanwhile practically every time I get into my car my ass rubs down the seat bolster wearing it out because every time I open the door the seat moves from where it was causing me to misjudge my entry. In reality, had I known about the seat and mirror features being removed from the features (still shows them in my owners manual) I may not have even bought the car. The seat just pisses me off every time I get into the car. The mirror issue I can live with.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have never had a HUD, but I would like to try one for a while. As far as the other features are concerned, return to entry like the old 2004-2007 Vs would be very nice. I use the door buttons to avoid having to squeeze in. Removal of the RainSense wipers was a mistake. I really like them on my 2009 V and my wife's DTS. A side mirror that rotates down for parallel parking can stay gone. I never used that option on other Vs.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrBullIT View Post
    And you can get a refrigerated center console in a Dodge Caliber. I know you like HUD, but don't PUD over it...

zero26039 is offline Banned

Honda Ridgeline has a large ice cooler under the bed. thats what the v needs in the spare tire area.

that should help at the track.

SlvrBullIT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by zero26039 View Post
    Honda Ridgeline has a large ice cooler under the bed. thats what the v needs in the spare tire area.

that should help at the track.
    LMAO!!!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    I have never had a HUD, but I would like to try one for a while. As far as the other features are concerned, return to entry like the old 2004-2007 Vs would be very nice. I use the door buttons to avoid having to squeeze in. Removal of the RainSense wipers was a mistake. I really like them on my 2009 V and my wife's DTS. A side mirror that rotates down for parallel parking can stay gone. I never used that option on other Vs.
    One would think that a programming update could bring back those features for all of us, except for the RainSense wipers which were discontinued because of a supplier problem.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Only once I my life I had a HUD in my car.
    It came in a Pontiac Grand-Prix GTP.
    When I first find out that the car had it I thought that it was unnecessary feature.
    After I had the car for a while I really started to liked the HUD.
    It provided all the important info on the windshield with out having to take your eyes of the road to check the instruments.
    Great feature that I would like to see on the V

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I guess I just don't get the HUD. It takes just as long to shift your depth of focus from the road ahead to a HUD as it does to shift your focus from the road to the instrument cluster. It's literally a difference of 8 inches between the two.

Look at the top edge of your monitor, then down at this number, then back at the top of the monitor again. Try to do it as quickly as possible:

Not real hard, was it? I just don't see the appeal, even for racing. If you're focused on a HUD reflection on your windshield instead of 50 yards ahead of you on the track, you're doing it wrong.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Didn't the SS only run a 8:20 on the 'ring? I'm guessing 120 hp alone isn't enough to make up the twenty seconds to get under 8 mins.

The V1 did 8:19...

V&Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2008 C6 Z51, 2010 ML 450H, 2007 BMW 335i

Funny, the day I brought my V home I saw my brother-in-law. He looks the car over, then says, "my dodge avenger has a cooled cup holder, this doesn't?"

I seriously had to walk away.

Jayrcr3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Whats going to happen to the base Vette. I would be pissed if I bought one and get spanked by a Z28.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I have been reading this thread with much interest. I'm probably one of the very few people who had been considering a Z/28 and opted for a V, rather than waiting for the Z.
    I should preface my comments by stating that I am extremely fortunate to have been one of a group of 15 diehard Camaro enthusiasts chosen by GM and the Camaro "team" from across the U.S. and Canada whose "job" it has been (and continues to be) to provide our thoughts and input into what the Camaro "should be/shouldn't be" and what it "needs to be" in order to be successful in the marketplace. This exchange of ideas has taken place a couple of times in Detroit, with another session slated for the end of August this year.
    The goal of the Camaro is to not only appeal to the traditional clientele (muscle/pony car enthusiasts) but as well to a younger clientele (both male and female) who would not otherwise have visited a Chevy store (loosely spoken - the import crowd). The group of 15 enthusiasts spans both sexes, having a wide range of age, income levels, areas of expertise and interest.

Perhaps I can shed some light on some of the concerns and questions that have been addressed here...

1) Keep in mind that Camaro is meant to be a high volume seller with the goal being to outsell Mustang specifically, and be the sales, performance and value leader in its particular segment. To keep things in perspective compared to our cars, keep in mind that as of the end of May, there have been more than 125,000 2010 Camaros produced. It is definitely a car with an image, but it is not a "halo" car. Apples and oranges here...

2) The V provides a level of exclusivity luxury, sophistication, versatility, comfort and ease of operation that is simply not within the realm of the Camaro.

3) With respect to handling, remember that Camaro is based on GM's Zeta ll architecture. This not as stiff as our Sigma platform, nor does it encompass some of the sophisticated processes such as "laser brazing" of the roof structure in its construction. Zeta ll is a sedan platform that has been adapted to that of a sports car. (part of the reason behind the relatively high cowl and a roof line that almost looks "chopped"). I believe the Sigma platform is a much more expensive platform to produce than Zeta as well.
    Weight distribution on the 6 cylinder Camaro is a very respectable 52/48, but there is a lot of understeer designed into the chassis/suspension settings.
    A number of aftermarket companies (Pedders in Australia, SLP in the US etc. have designed significant improvements for the car and I suspect that some of these ideas will be applied to the Z/28, which could have a "track focus". It would be nice if the Z/28 would relate to the SS as a Z06 relates to a base 'Vette...
    When considering weight, remember that a base SS is around 3900 lbs. Add in the weight of the extra equipment present in the LSA and the weight may not be all that much less than the V. As well, there has been nothing said that would indicate the LSA that might go into the Z/28 would have the same state of tune as the V's LSA.

4) As far as the HUD is concerned, keep in mind that the 2SS and 2LT versions of Camaro have the secondary gauges on the floor console, out of the line of sight. Any car with track pretensions needs to have those readouts available to the driver without their eyes moving away from the road! A HUD was a given, based on the design of the dash and instrument panel.

5) As far as availability is concerned, I believe the Camaro convertible is slated for production before the Z. Convertible Camaros should be rolling off the line in Oshawa by the 3rd quarter of 2011 as a 2012 MY, with the Z slated to follow...

Hope this clarifies a few things and helps to draw a clearer line between the 2vehicles.

Best regards,

Elie

ItsJustMyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 6-speed Black CTS-V & '10 White Diamond Premium ESV

Elie,

I hadn't really been following the thread, but your post is a great one. Thanks!

Ryan

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Nice feedback. Thanks for that.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.