Pissed at GM now... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pissed at GM now... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by zero26039 The camaro navi looks like a toy. Theres a reason its 20,000 less. Navigation?? Other than ...
    MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Re: Pissed at GM now...

Quote Originally Posted by zero26039 View Post
    The camaro navi looks like a toy. Theres a reason its 20,000 less.
    Navigation?? Other than Turn by Turn from Onstar?? I haven't seen anything on Nav yet, I don't even know how it would fit in the dash since it is so "non-flat"

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

C'mon guys, the "V" needs to lose some weight and every little bit added hurts. I enjoyed the HUD in my Corvettes, too, but they weighed about 1,000# less. The "V" has almost all the luxury features that you can imagine because it's a Cadillac, after all. Think about what we can do to reduce weight and increase the performance envelope for this marvelous car. That's the immediate future of high performance.

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

Nevermind HUD, I'd settle for a return of the tilting passenger-side rear view mirror in reverse feature!

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent in terms of HUD being offered.

I'm more "upset" that the Camaro is going to have the LSA in it than anything else; it will surely outaccelerate the V, which is a downer. It doesn't take much at all to get more out of the LSAs and getting beat by a Camaro is pretty weak. lol

Then again, that's a big reason why they are great bang-for-the-buck.

And I agree with previous comments that I highly doubt that the Camaro will out-handle the V.

irablumberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

It is unlikely that the Z/28 will get the magnetic suspension. I beleive that GM may make a track suspension available for the Z/28 in which case it could out handle the V, but I wouldn't drive such a thing on the street without gold-plated dental insurance as that suspension would likely jar most of your teeth loose ;-)

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

HUD...big deal. Not required to drive this or any car hard. What this car needs is the luxury features GM decided to remove from the vehicle that are both easy programming changes (no hardware required). Those being the tilt mirrors for reverse and memory seat recall that works properly. To this day I get frustrated with my car each time I back by a curb (daily) and each time I have to sqeeze into the car. DUMB! I know Caddy customer service reads this forum and this is a reoccurring issue for many here that seems to fall on deaf ears.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Then again, that's a big reason why they are great bang-for-the-buck.

And I agree with previous comments that I highly doubt that the Camaro will out-handle the V.
    Why is that?

4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrBullIT View Post
    The stinking Camaro is getting HUD as standard on some options... for $350!!! FFS why can't we have that option...jeebus!!!

Camaro HUD
    Have you ever seen it's dash? The compelling need to look away necessitates a HUD.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

cant say i will be jealousy of a camaro ever

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Man, I would love to have had HUD in my V. I grew very accustomed to (and fond of) the HUD feature in Pontiacs for the 10 years before I bought this V. Obviously, lack of a HUD was not a dealbreaker. I was shopping for an STS with HUD when I was talked into test-driving a CTS-V and I never gave the STS another thought.

If there's a new V for 2014, or whenever, I hope GM will include a HUD. I can't see them adding a HUD feature to our current 2009-201? CTS-V model.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Why is that?
    Have you seen the handling tests of the current Camaro? On the track, it gets flat out killed by cars like the new Mustang, the 370Z and yes- even the CTS-V. Adding more weight to the nose in the form of a blower and the cooling system sure isn't going help that. The Z/28 will be a fast in a straight line muscle car, including all that normally comes along with that type of car- cheap interior, poor visibility, lack of luxury and comfort.

If you want to compare straight line speed or 1/4 mile times on price alone, then why spend $50k on a Camaro Z/28? There's 9 second F-bodies for sale everywhere for $10k.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Have you seen the handling tests of the current Camaro? On the track, it gets flat out killed by cars like the new Mustang, the 370Z and yes- even the CTS-V. Adding more weight to the nose in the form of a blower and the cooling system sure isn't going help that. The Z/28 will be a fast in a straight line muscle car, including all that normally comes along with that type of car- cheap interior, poor visibility, lack of luxury and comfort.

If you want to compare straight line speed or 1/4 mile times on price alone, then why spend $50k on a Camaro Z/28? There's 9 second F-bodies for sale everywhere for $10k.
    Think of how bad of an understeering pig the GT500 is over a regular Mustang. I'd take a new Mustang 5.0 over a GT500 any day...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Z06ified is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Thunder Grey, Manual, Ultraview, Recaros, Wood

I think the Z28 getting the LSA is a good thing. It will open up the aftermarket big time for this engine, and I suspect most of the goodies will bolt right up to our cars too. Not that the aftermarket has been tight, but it'll only get better with the Z28.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Because most 9 second f-bodies are tin cans that nobody would want to live with daily.

A new Z/28 with the LSA is going to be a few bolt-ons, sticky tire and tq. converter away from being a solid 10 second/130 mph car that will drive the same way it did when it left the dealer's lot. For guys with a preference to drag racing (vs. road racing) it'll make a nice dual purpose vehicle.

Dr. Spencer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

When is the Z28 going to hit the streets?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.