Modified V2 vs. GTR question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Modified V2 vs. GTR question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am curious for those who own a Nissan GTR and a Cadillac V2 (modified or stock) what they 1) ...
    v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

I am curious for those who own a Nissan GTR and a Cadillac V2 (modified or stock) what they 1) think of the GTR as compared to a daily driver to the Cadillac and 2) what they believe to be faster (a modified V2 with crank pulley , idler pulley, and heat exchanger upgrade or stock GTR?)

I love the V2 and have very little negative to say about it. I think GM hit one out of the park with this car but I am also looking at buying a GTR and was curious for those that own both what they think of them comparatively speaking and which one is faster and more enjoyable to drive.

The numbers on the GTR are simply astonishing. 0-60mph in 3.3 and 1/4 in 11.6 with a top speed of 193. While the V is not in that territory stock, modified it maybe, although I have never tracked mine so I don't know. My call is even with the extra boost (currently around 13psi) on my V and the fact I have a manual which has great low end torque I actually think the GTR with the all wheel drive is quicker in stock form. I think to hit those GTR numbers even my horsepower which is probably high 5's at the rear wheels isn't enough to ecllipse the GTR numbers.

I love the look of the GTR myself. I know its a love it or hate it design. I think its crazy looking and with the fairly low production numbers will always be a rarity. The V2 anyway you look at it is a world class sedan but any thoughts on the two comparatively speaking would be appreciated.

B.T.W. - save the tranny jokes on the GTR, I don't plan on using launch control like a high school kid and blowing up the tranny. I am aware of the hype that has circulated it and imo wrongfully so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Modified V2 vs. GTR question

That 3.3 number is on older GT-Rs. They've revised the launch control and the new ones are inching up towards 4 sec territory...

I know you want to save the tranny jokes, but they did have merit and that's why Nissan felt the revision a must...

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Sorry for the intrusion, but how about some good GT-R warranty jokes?

tehehe

I did 3.3 0-60, once. Once...

mugatu22 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.

You're comparing apples & oranges. Where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    With an M5?

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    Somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That 3.3 number is on older GT-Rs. They've revised the launch control and the new ones are inching up towards 4 sec territory...

I know you want to save the tranny jokes, but they did have merit and that's why Nissan felt the revision a must...
    Check the most recent Road and Track Magazine that pits the ZR1, Porsche 911 Turbo, and Nissan GTR. Its faster than all of them and its a current year.

Again, the joke is on those Owners who felt it was smart to launch the car at 4,000 rpms time and time and time again causing it to fry itself so the factory reduced the launch control to a lower rpm. Do that to any car, ours included, and it will fry the tranny. The GTR tranny is one of the most incredible transmissions ever with the dual clutch so being that its a masterpiece of technology its expensive. I don't blame Nissan for changing the launch control RPM's, had they done that from the factory since day one this wouldn't have been a subject at all.

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

You know, I am pretty sure I remeber reading some where that Cadillac engineers did something along the lines of 100 back to back clutch drops at redline to make sure the differential would be ok. The damage was limited to ware on the clutch and tires.

That being said, the GT-R is an impressive car.

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

There is a CTSV vs. GTR youtube video out in the last 48 hrs. that's interesting. It could be street racing which is dangerous so I won't show it here.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Both excellent cars, which one is most practical? these cars are truly not in the same class, if you want a spacious daily driver the answer is clear. If you can afford both why not add another 150 hp to the V and then it won't be an issue at all.

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

A couple of things. It is completely unfair to compare the performance of a stock cars to a modified car's performance. A GT-R can easily be modified with a tune and exhaust. On the other hand, a GT-R does not have "real" backseats.

Also, too much is made of 0-60 times. The AWD is very helpful at launch, but above 100mph becomes a liability when it comes to straight line speed.

Tom

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Other than Gotham, anybody else got a GTR? I'm sure he could give some expertise. And yes, lol to the warranty.

edit: I think it's gotham...

Quote Originally Posted by digital1021 View Post
    You know, I am pretty sure I remeber reading some where that Cadillac engineers did something along the lines of 100 back to back clutch drops at redline to make sure the differential would be ok. The damage was limited to ware on the clutch and tires.

That being said, the GT-R is an impressive car.
    You are dealing with a different animal with a single clutch versus dual clutch. The dual clutch techonology makes our V's look like a dinosaur. Ferrrari won't make a manual version of their cars any longer and all future cars are to be dual clutch transmissions if that is any indication of where techonology is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    There is a CTSV vs. GTR youtube video out in the last 48 hrs. that's interesting. It could be street racing which is dangerous so I won't show it here.
    I will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    Both excellent cars, which one is most practical? these cars are truly not in the same class, if you want a spacious daily driver the answer is clear. If you can afford both why not add another 150 hp to the V and then it won't be an issue at all.
    I have about 100-150hp added to my V, check the title of this post. I don't think its as quick as a stock GTR.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC CL65 View Post
    A couple of things. It is completely unfair to compare the performance of a stock cars to a modified car's performance. A GT-R can easily be modified with a tune and exhaust. On the other hand, a GT-R does not have "real" backseats.

Also, too much is made of 0-60 times. The AWD is very helpful at launch, but above 100mph becomes a liability when it comes to straight line speed.

Tom
    Why? Stock to Stock its NOT a comparision. The GTR destroys it. Modified V to stock GTR is where I am curious if anybody can attest to the performance. I disagree with the awd comment. I would much rather have 4 wheels driving my car than 2 at high speeds but that imo. Stability = safety.

Quote Originally Posted by mpouls1 View Post
    Other than Gotham, anybody else got a GTR? I'm sure he could give some expertise. And yes, lol to the warranty.

edit: I think it's gotham...
    Gotham? Are you out there?

Quote Originally Posted by v4meinsandiego View Post

I have about 100-150hp added to my V, check the title of this post. I don't think its as quick as a stock GTR.

Off the line, sure. Other than that, a V with 650-700hp will win. The GT-R doesn't run on a flux capacitor, OK?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.