Modified V2 vs. GTR question - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Modified V2 vs. GTR question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Luna. There's one advantage that the CTS-V has over the GTR though and that's the sweet sound ...
    Gotham CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Modified V2 vs. GTR question

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

There's one advantage that the CTS-V has over the GTR though and that's the sweet sound of a rumbling V-8...
    Hard to argue with that bro. Nothing beats the sound of an American V8 thundering past you....well, maybe except an Italian V8

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Two choices

Choice 1 - Turn off VDC and turn on launch control = risk warranty denial should a failure occur.

Choice 2 - Run the car with VDC on, launch control = a not so super super car running 12.2 @ 119mph.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6356422/...ged/index.html

v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Great write up Gotham. I appreciate your information and first hand account which is ultimately what i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Two choices

Choice 1 - Turn off VDC and turn on launch control = risk warranty denial should a failure occur.

Choice 2 - Run the car with VDC on, launch control = a not so super super car running 12.2 @ 119mph.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6356422/...ged/index.html
    The blog was from 2008 so not sure of the relevance today as the current launch control on 2010 models has been brought down to a safer level and rips off 3.2 O-60mph runs.

Gotham CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah the new launch control is with VDC on R-mode. Doesn't deny you of warranty coverage at all. Basically, you just need your settings switched to R-mode and you floor the brake and gas at the same time. The RPM's rise to 3k and you let off the brake and let the electronics work their magic.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by v4meinsandiego View Post
    The blog was from 2008 so not sure of the relevance today as the current launch control on 2010 models has been brought down to a safer level and rips off 3.2 O-60mph runs.
    3.2 was for the original. With the revisions on launch control, those numbers slow down to 3.5-3.8...

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner

Check the most recent Road and Track Magazine that pits the ZR1, Porsche 911 Turbo, and Nissan GTR. Its faster than all of them and its a current year.

Again, the joke is on those Owners who felt it was smart to launch the car at 4,000 rpms time and time and time again causing it to fry itself so the factory reduced the launch control to a lower rpm. Do that to any car, ours included, and it will fry the tranny. The GTR tranny is one of the most incredible transmissions ever with the dual clutch so being that its a masterpiece of technology its expensive. I don't blame Nissan for changing the launch control RPM's, had they done that from the factory since day one this wouldn't have been a subject at all.
    So you are trying to tell us a gtr is a better car than a 911 Tubro???? and a ZR1????

I have about 100-150hp added to my V, check the title of this post. I don't think its as quick as a stock GTR.

What, huh, ah never mind. You are just speculating. You don't even know how much power your car makes.
    A gtr runs like 118-121 stock MPH. With that power your V should be at 125-127. Driver mod required?

Who cares about a blog. You know how many fishing stores there are out here on the innerwebz?

4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

Check the most recent Road and Track Magazine that pits the ZR1, Porsche 911 Turbo, and Nissan GTR. Its faster than all of them and its a current year.
    The article states that the Porsche finished 1st (378.3 points), followed by the ZR1 2nd (376.5 points) and the GT-R finished 3rd (376.3 points).

ZR1 had a 1/4 mile run of 11.5 @ 128.7 mph
    GT-R had a 1/4 mile run of 11.6 @ 120.4 mph
    911 had a 1/4 mile run of 11.7 @ 121.8 mph

The Road course had the ZR1 with the fastest lap time and peak speeds of 5mph faster than the next car's.
    ZR1 - 1:20.1
    GT-R - 1:20.9
    Porsche - 1:21.3

0-60 times were GT-R at 3.3 and ZR1 and Porsche at 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    3.2 was for the original. With the revisions on launch control, those numbers slow down to 3.5-3.8...
    No, it is a 2011 which has the revisions and it runs 0-60 in 3.3 (not 3.2).

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    So you are trying to tell us a gtr is a better car than a 911 Tubro???? and a ZR1????
    It was car of the year for Automobile Magazine and Road and Track in 2009. A year later the only reason why its not is because of the fact the 911 Turbo which is $150k has a new engine with more horsepower and a PDK tranny. The ZR1 is also new and has a bigger motor at costs $125k. So, I am not saying its a better car, but a valid argument can be had for its price to value quotient. Its called Godzilla for a reason. The GTR is a beast for that price.

What, huh, ah never mind. You are just speculating. You don't even know how much power your car makes.
    A gtr runs like 118-121 stock MPH. With that power your V should be at 125-127. Driver mod required?
    Funny, and probably, but with my mods I haven't dyno'd it. I bet its around high 500's to the rear wheels. With the AWD jump the GTR may still beat my car in the 1/4 mile regardless of trap speed. Its puts down every single horsepower to the ground from the start and while the Caddy may catch up with the big hp I still think it would be close. Stock GTR vs Modified V2.

Who cares about a blog. You know how many fishing stores there are out here on the innerwebz?
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gear70 View Post
    The article states that the Porsche finished 1st (378.3 points), followed by the ZR1 2nd (376.5 points) and the GT-R finished 3rd (376.3 points).

The Road course had the ZR1 with the fastest lap time and peak speeds of 5mph faster than the next car's.
    ZR1 - 1:20.1
    GT-R - 1:20.9
    Porsche - 1:21.3

0-60 times were GT-R at 3.3 and ZR1 and Porsche at 3.5.
    My point has been made. Look at the magazine and read the article. The points between the three cars is ridiculous. Its like .1, and .5 respectively between 1st and 3rd place. For the price or not even considering it, the GTR remains a bad ass machine.

4gear70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (MG9)

My point has been made. Look at the magazine and read the article. The points between the three cars is ridiculous. Its like .1, and .5 respectively between 1st and 3rd place. For the price or not even considering it, the GTR remains a bad ass machine.
    Your point was "Check the most recent Road and Track Magazine that pits the ZR1, Porsche 911 Turbo, and Nissan GTR. Its faster than all of them and its a current year".

You brought up Road and Track and you selectively read only what you wanted to hear... that the GTR was the fastest. The article clearly states that the ZR1 was the fastest and quickest to the 1/4 as well as the road course. Both the Porsche (1st) and ZR1(2nd) bested the GTR (3rd) in the article.
    Nobody is saying that the GTR is not a bad ass machine, however it did finish 3rd in the article (which you brought up).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

No, it is a 2011 which has the revisions and it runs 0-60 in 3.3 (not 3.2).
    And where can I find this? I haven't seen that number on the newer machines...

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 4gear70 View Post

I'm a big an of the GTR, so make no mistake about it, but let's not mislead ourselves about that comparing that against the ZR1, which remains, in my mind, about as good as it gets when it comes to bang-for-your-buck performance automobiles.

Yeah, the GTR is within 0.1 seconds of the ZR1 in the 1/4 mile, but that's only because the ZR1 can't launch nearly as good.

Just look at the MPH differences in the 1/4 in the quote above--the ZR1 is FLYING past the GTR at the end of the 1/4 mile. I mean, it's almost spooky how much faster the ZR1 really is than the GTR, and the 911, for that matter...

mannyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS(Sold) Black 09 V

Those trap speeds are indicative of possible 10second runs on slicks only.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.